PDA

View Full Version : Jealous of my stepdaughter

Tami Monroe
05-18-2014, 10:41 PM
My stepdaughter is constantly shopping at aweome shops like Aeropostale, or Old Navy, and she makes it a point to show me what she bought. I hate myself for feeling jealous, but I am at a loss when I see her modeling the things she bought. I know this sounds selfish, but I wish I had her figure and can fit in the clothes she buys. She is aweome for showing me what she buys when she models them for me, but I can't help but to feel a twinge of jealousy when she does so. I truly wish I had her figure.

mechamoose
05-18-2014, 10:56 PM
My internal 'girl' image is this little tiny thing. I'm 6'2" and built like a linebacker. I'm *so* jealous of the stuff that most GGs get to wear.

- MM

Beverley Sims
05-18-2014, 11:58 PM
Not jealousy so much, maybe you are envious.

Tami Monroe
05-19-2014, 04:44 AM
I think envious is defnitely a more appropriate word.

Marcelle
05-19-2014, 05:43 AM
Agree . . . envious in the same manner you would envy an neighbour who just got a pool and you can't afford one at the moment. Jealously implies a twinge of resentment bordering on hate and I don't read that in your post. Being envious of your stepdaughter's ability to wear what you can't is a normal human reaction. Besides, I am sure if you really wanted to, you could buy the same clothing (or similar style) in a size appropriate for you. :):battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

JenX
05-19-2014, 06:54 AM
Tami, does the stepdaughter know that you dress?

CrossJess
05-19-2014, 09:15 AM
You could have a good figure if you watch what you eat and no stranger to exercise, I was a built like like Sherman tank and a fat belly at one point so I basically starved my self because I so wanted to have a proper looking girly body, so for ages I worked out and got my body down to a uk girls size 12 took some work but got there in the end:)

Paige62
05-23-2014, 08:21 PM
my stepdaughter is always buying stuff and strutting about the house and getting me to take photos of her i cant help wishing it was me wearing the dresses and skirts she buys so i order some new clothes for myself xx hugs love and kisses Paige

Rachelakld
05-24-2014, 04:26 AM
My step daughters are the same, and while I can share with 1, the other is to slim and she has the better clothes.
But they also help me shop and we give each other fashion advise, and we used to buy from the same shops, except they are now moving to internet purchases, whereas I like to try stuff on first.

What really gets me, is they both look better in my clothes than I do, so wish I had their figures

They do however need more makeup time than me so..... maybe........ I'm prettier :)

mechamoose
05-24-2014, 04:48 AM
I agree on the 'envious' tag!

- MM

njcddresser
05-24-2014, 06:14 AM
Envious is definately the word. I go shopping and see all the beautiful clothes and only wish I had the wallet to buy a fraction of whAt I want.

oliviapril
05-26-2014, 09:17 PM
your very luck...

Hell on Heels
05-26-2014, 09:27 PM
Hell-o Tami, Jealousy breeds hatred, whereas, envy holds hands with admiration.
There are styles out there for everyone, see something on her you like, I'll bet a little tweak here or there, and it works for you too.
Have fun, and work with what you got.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Tami Monroe
05-27-2014, 04:20 AM
Tami, does the stepdaughter know that you dress?

No she doesn't, and she is way smaller than I am, so it would do no good if she did.

Jenni Yumiko
05-27-2014, 04:23 AM
the negative to that is getting your clothes stolen by your kid. I find my stuff in my daughters laundry all the time. :-( Once she has claimed it, what can you say? Hey those are mine?