PDA

View Full Version : Dark hose on a man outing.

jjjjohanne
01-15-2006, 06:34 AM
I am the guy who keeps going out on androgenous outings. Partly because I don't care about being perceived as a woman (I just like the clothes,) and partly because I don't know where my wig is since we moved...

I went out yesterday in all femme, but only my taupe leggs active support hose were obviously not masculine. Only once before have I worn my shorts with dark hose. That time, women kept giving my legs obvious double takes and then looking away so as to not stare. I figured the same thing would happen this time.

I first went to an antiques mall. I have got to say, that this place was wonderful! I don't care about antiques at all. Most of the stuff in this place was little knick knack junk. It was a large store. I walked in and a man was sitting right inside and greeted me. I think he looked at me. After that, I don't think anyone out of all of their customers gave me a look, except one ~17 year old. No one reacted to me in any way I ever saw. I did try not to keep checking if anyone was looking my way, as I have done in the past, but I still tried to keep my eyes open. I walked around there for 30 minutes. I grew rather comfortable.

Next I went to a Hallmark store. My wife wants some of their Willow figurines. As soon as I went in, one of the teenage girls at the register almost climbed over the counter to get a second look. No other reactions. I went up to the registers and asked about whether there was more Willow stuff on their web site. No obvious reactions.

Then I went to a Chinese restaurant to eat. A teenage girl who was eating with the store owner saw me at once. She looked over her shoulder and tried to get another look. No one else in the store seemed to notice. The woman with whom she was eating rang me up as I left. She asked me if I was cold. I suppose the girl told her, but there was no obvious indication either way.

I went to dress barn and shopped around. No one reacted. Normally when I go to women's clothing stores, the clerks are rather helpful and understanding. These ladies seemed a little awkward. I guess no one does this sort of thing openly in that town. I bought a beautiful skirt. It is black, lined, straight framed, knee length, with a three inch slit on the left knee. I bought it, put it on and went shopping in another store.

I went to a store called Avenue. In other branches that I have shopped in, the clerks were VERY open to CDs. I asked and I was their first at this store. I shopped in their shoe section. They have size 12, 12W, 13, and sometimes 13W. These shoes were too expensive for my CDing habits. However, it is free to try on. One of the clerks helped me look. She was completely helpful and polite. One pair of their shoes ran my hose. Fortunately, the run stayed in my shoes. Then it was time to go home.

When I started out, it was cool, and windy, but somewhat pleasant. When I went home, there were 40-50 mph gusts and snow. It had gotten a bit too cold for shorts!!

Butterfly Bill
01-15-2006, 11:25 AM
It is not usually considered normal even for GGs to wear shorts with hose. Shorts are supposed to be for hot weather, and they are supposed to be casual (i.e. not the thing women would wear hose and pumps with, like a dress or skirt (even a mini that covers no more of your legs than a pair of short pants)). That incongruity may have been what was getting you stares.

GypsyKaren
01-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Actually, you really shouldn't get any adverse reactions to wearing taupe pantyhose, as it is after Labor Day and the wearing of darker shades is perfectly acceptable. On the other hand, if you were wearing anything in the white range, or even most of the softer pastels, well then yes, there would be a problem, and some people would definately take issue with you.

GypsyKaren

jenny_centaur
01-15-2006, 04:11 PM
It is not usually considered normal even for GGs to wear shorts with hose.

Here in England it is the currently the height of fashion to wear shorts with tights (hose).

See today's Telegraph: http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/main.jhtml?xml=/fashion/2005/11/30/upixfour.xml

Love her boots too!

jjjjohanne
01-15-2006, 04:15 PM
Actually, I was marveling that so FEW people were reacting to a guy in what could pass for men's wear with obvious pantyhose. The time I went out like this before, most people seemed to notice.