PDA

View Full Version : A few odd things that are good about CDing!

Secret Drawer
05-20-2014, 06:29 AM
I was thinking of some things that make CDing a positive thing in an incidental, even accidental way.

Like, when I am doing the bra/breast form thing, I have really good posture. When I am not, I actually have quite poor posture. Maybe I should wear a bra and forms all the time!?

I have always understood that it was not going to be easy to fit into all the femme stuff I like easily. A "help" would be to stay as slim and trim as can be. I took up bicycling straight out of high school in order to do just that. So I have stayed in good shape and health my whole adult life "just" because I wanted to be able to wear women's clothing! (An odd side benefit to cycling is that I have gotten many compliments over the years by women on my legs and buttocks while wearing essentially the same tights they were at the time!)

I used to get heat rashes and "groin area issues" due to sweat on hot humid days or times of particularly hard labor. Since becoming a "full time underdresser," (5 years or so now!) I have not had a problem once! Women's underwear wicks away sweat better, dries quicker, and is made from less and lighter material which allows it to breath better. Even nylon panties are more breathable then the thick cotton boxer briefs that always have way too much material in them! I certainly would have believed the opposite before living it!

As an androgynous to femme presenter, I understand the self consciousness that comes from GG's who feel uncomfortable in certain clothing. I love when my wife wears a short skirt, but I "get" when she chooses slacks. Actually, the whole "wardrobe malfunction" and bad quality/fit thing is not lost to us CDers.

I am sure we can come up with many more "fringe" benefits to this particular lifestyle!

JoanFlores
05-20-2014, 06:33 AM
I so much agree with your point of views.

Teresa
05-20-2014, 06:50 AM
Our PE teacher at school had a thing about bad posture and I've never forgotten , also learning to march correctly in our school army cadet force leaves a good impression, chest out, straight back and swing your arms.
I have to agree the feeling of a bra does encourage a good posture but I guess some GGs do carry some weight up front and tend to stoop some !
The comment about the heat rash is interesting, I had it for years but since shaving my legs and groin it's gone. I put the cause down to the hair rubbing because I'm 50-50 dressing so I don't think it's the different materials.

CarlaWestin
05-20-2014, 07:08 AM
I too have experienced all of the side benefits as you've described in the original post. May I also add that being fem has an inherent peaceful nature. Also, I've not expanded out into vast social circles and all the drama that can come from just having too many friends and acquaintances.
Side note: If I had things my way, I would always wear bras and forms or, even get implants. Having boobs just feels so natural.

Beverley Sims
05-20-2014, 09:22 AM
I do feel we have better affinity with women and that is a plus for me.

Sheila11
05-20-2014, 09:25 AM
Being out and about dressed has helped me to understand the vulnerability that women sometimes feel. Dark parking lots or just to many men or young punks gathered in one area makes my fight/flight senses go on overload. This never happens when I am in guy mode.

Wildaboutheels
05-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Odd? No. Not at all. Simple affirmation of Human Nature by daring to color ouside the lines.

TREAT PEOPLE RIGHT AND THEY WILL NOT CARE WHAT ONE IS WEARING. At least the "sharper" people. And IFFFFFF one is going to fret and worry over what the UNsharp folks think, they have no business going out dressed.

It's not complicated.

JD Public is NOT the enemy. The real enemy is usually the person in the mirror.

CassieD
05-20-2014, 02:16 PM
It's a lot cooler with out all the body hair.
Which is a good thing.
Also a bad thing - depends on the weather.

reb.femme
05-20-2014, 05:17 PM
........Women's underwear wicks away sweat better, dries quicker, and is made from less and lighter material which allows it to breath better. Even nylon panties are more breathable then the thick cotton boxer briefs that always have way too much material in them! I certainly would have believed the opposite before living it!......

I had to comment on this part of your post, as to the lightness of my girl underwear. Wore my man bits for a very busy weekend doing DIY and I couldn't help but notice how heavy they felt compared to my cute girl ones that I wear ordinarily.

I think when we are dressed, we are acutely aware that posture is a major factor in our femme presentation. One that isn't so important in bob mode.

Rebecca

BLUE ORCHID
05-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Hi SD, I take better care of my hands and nails.

WhisperTV
05-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Better eating habits. Better care of your health. Better dressing, even in drab.

These are the things I've noticed about myself since starting to cross dress.

Jaymees22
05-23-2014, 01:30 PM
Yes there are many side benefits to crossdressing of course just feeling better is the most important one for me. I've managed to lose 20lbs since I started dressing, I'm much better at shaving than I used to be and my grooming in general has improved. Also I think I'm more understanding of what women have to go through to look good.

Vickie_CDTV
05-23-2014, 01:44 PM
If you want to improve your posture, an underbust corset might be more effective, and would be much more discreet than wearing breastforms en drab.

Samantha Clark
05-25-2014, 05:50 PM
I've been thinking about this a bit and among the good things that have changed about me is that I am more patient and I'm a much less aggressive driver.

Renee Elise
05-30-2014, 04:48 PM
I've found that since embracing my femme side, I've been a lot smoother when meeting girls. Also there has to be a health benefit to the relaxing aspect of getting all dolled up after a long, busy day.

Renee Elise
05-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Agree 100%. Far less tension. I find I'm drinking a lot less too and the weight is starting to peel away.

ArleneRaquel
05-30-2014, 04:53 PM
My life is so cool when I dress enfemme. Its a dream come true.

Elle1944
05-30-2014, 05:15 PM
I love all the positives you are all experiencing, I swear that CDing has given me a gift of longevity. I am 70 years old, CD my whole life through but feel 35 most days. The thought of going "drag" (mens clothing) scares the b-jesus out of me, just the thought of "bare finger nails" depresses me..............

Tina_gm
05-30-2014, 05:32 PM
I do not dress as a 20 year old, yet when I dress, and it is for the most part age appropriate, age seems to disappear entirely.

Adriana
05-30-2014, 05:44 PM
So many positive aspects since I started. I'm more at easy when all dressed up and definitely take better care of my looks. Also, its making me want to lose more weight, so I can fit into the clothes I like. So all in all its a very good thing :)

Babbs
05-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Being out and about dressed has helped me to understand the vulnerability that women sometimes feel. Dark parking lots or just to many men or young punks gathered in one area makes my fight/flight senses go on overload. This never happens when I am in guy mode.

this is so true Sheila! Never mind a dark place but as I walk down the sidewalk in daylight and see "tough" looking guy(s), I clutch my pocketbook yightly and start looking for an escape route. Never think like that in guy mode.

Bryanne
05-30-2014, 07:06 PM
Going to agree with the "less body hair=cooler temperature", and add "demeanor" to that as well!

Ally.Nichole25
06-05-2014, 05:13 PM
I am starting to really see some good things about haveing a boyfriend that Crossdresses. It is much more fun going shopping when I bring him along and I know he really appriciates it when I dress up on special occasions. He notices it when I do my makeup and knows how much work it is to keep up with it.

Ginger Jameson
06-07-2014, 04:06 PM
I'll never again see a woman who ocean great makeup and hair without knowing how much work she had to put in to her look.

flatlander_48
06-08-2014, 08:38 AM
While I always understood the idea of coordinating colors, I now understand how styles and designs can help or accentuate body issues. This is a help when shopping for my wife.

I have to agree the feeling of a bra does encourage a good posture but I guess some GGs do carry some weight up front and tend to stoop some !

For some women, poor posture is a way of de-emphasizing breast size to attract less attention. It may have started as teenagers if they developed early and significantly.