PDA

View Full Version : The only one wearing a skirt. Must be a CDer !

Teresa
05-20-2014, 08:40 AM
I haven't tried to count but how many GGs do you see out and about wearing a skirt or a dress ? You see far more combinations of jeans and trousers ( sorry pants ) even in summer ! The only fashion I can't get my head round is the tunic/dress what is that all about ?
If you do see someone wearing a skirt it's probably a CDer, if I was out it would be me ! I just don't like women's trousers with the exception of leather and the fine stretch cord ones but then I would have to read the sticky on tucking and I can't be doing with that !
Besides wearing a skirt gives you the chance to show the legs you've been working on and try out your latest shoe purchase !
If the trend continues we'll be the only ones left wearing skirts !

What do others think ?

2B Natasha
05-20-2014, 09:02 AM
I think if I where you. I would hunker down and wait for the assault from people who disagree. I disagree but I'll leave it at that. Good luck.

Beverley Sims
05-20-2014, 09:09 AM
I go with the girls, skirts are not the fashion at the moment.

Tight jeans and and show my bum seems in vogue at the moment.

As it warms up a full skirt and nice top will get an airing now and then.

Michelle (Oz)
05-20-2014, 09:23 AM
I agree with you ... I don't wear and don't want to wear women' trousers. Fortunately though, in Australia and my local city, many women wear skirts and dresses particularly for business. I don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Janet Bern
05-20-2014, 09:25 AM
I usually wear a skirt when going out. The fun is in wearing a skirt. I agree that soon the only people
wearing skirts are CDs. I can only go during daytimes, so I am going out less and less because it
is hard to blend in a skirt. Darn it!

Kate Simmons
05-20-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm wondering if this is some kind of subtle "stereotype" for CDers. :battingeyelashes::)

Dianne S
05-20-2014, 09:55 AM
My daughter usually wears a skirt or dress. That's because she's currently doing a teaching practicum at a high school and needs to look professional.

At home, she's in sweatpants and T-shirt. :)

Katey888
05-20-2014, 09:58 AM
I think if I where you. I would hunker down and wait for the assault from people who disagree. I disagree but I'll leave it at that. Good luck.

Chicken Natasha! ;)

I disagree!

I think it depends where you are and where you go and when... Our cities and large town centres still have a good number of women who dress for business and who generally have the right figure for tailored skirts or dresses... and who also like to leverage that, in a business sense.. :devil:

I do agree that the provinces are all a bit more shabby than chic, but again, if you hang around the decent hotels with a camera (you can do that - you're a photographer, after all!) you'll find plenty of smart GGs... :)

I think it's just wishful thinking on your part Teresa - you just want every passenger on the 11.47 to Coventry to know without doubt that the distant, skirt-wearing, dog-walking figure is a CDer... ;)

Katey x

Jodi
05-20-2014, 10:19 AM
I disagree. I live in a small city and I see many women wearing skirts and dresses, and they are definitely gg's. But I will say that when you spot a person wearing panty hose (especially in the summer), it is probably a cd.

Jodi

Zylia
05-20-2014, 10:22 AM
Plenty of skirts and dresses here and not just the business type. If anything, I notice an upward trend. Cross-dressers in pants are pretty rare though, definitely agree on that one.

Alice B
05-20-2014, 10:27 AM
Possibly the weather where you live. I see lots of working woman in skirts and women that are out and about wearing dresses here is S. Calif.

PaulaQ
05-20-2014, 10:38 AM
I made this same observation to my first therapist. She got kind of defensive about it, but the next week, she started wearing dresses to our sessions. :) It's funny now, because I mostly wear jeans.

tina99
05-20-2014, 10:55 AM
I lived in Guadalajara, Mexico for a year and a half until 2011. There, it seemed like the national uniform was "blujines y camisetas" (blue jeans & t-shirts), with only the older women wearing skirts or dresses. The Mexican women did wear the blue jeans well though - almost always tight fitting and looking like new. I, a relatively young TS gringa, usually wore a skirt or dress. I still usually wear a skirt or dress, although at the TG support meetings, usually the CD's wear skirts or dresses, while the TS's wear tattered blue jeans and a recycled t-shirt.

Blue jeans used to be smuggled into the former Soviet Union and sold on the black market, because they were contraband - evil western influence :) .

Nadine Spirit
05-20-2014, 10:58 AM
I think it depends.

Some GGs that I know almost always wear pants, but some almost always wear skirts or dresses.

And it is the same with me. I don't restrict myself and say, this is what I have to wear, dresses or skirts. I will say that often one or the other is just easier. Sometimes pants are easier and sometime skirts are.

Alice Torn
05-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Teresa, I tend to agree with you. I have known women who will not own a skirt or dress, and it is becoming commonplace. In the area where is live in Illinois, unless it is Sundays after church, I go weeks without seeing a skirt or dress. I think this is sad. And, it seems to me, that the bidders on dresses and skirts i see on Ebay, are almost all CDers!! There is truth, that a good percentage of skirts will be on CDers, not GG's. Praises for those GG's who still wear them!!

carhill2mn
05-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Sadly, I think that your observations are correct. I attended a Xmas concert by a professional group and there was only one woman (whom I knew) in a dress besides me. I prefer to wear skirts vs. pants/slacks. I think that skirts are more comfortable and also look better. I have been wearing slacks in certain situations a little more than I used to just to appear more like the majority.

ronny0
05-20-2014, 12:35 PM
I have to agree with you 100%. Others say it might depend on where you live where you go I am not sure I see that, except maybe a high class party.
I have done a fare amount of traveling through the USA, and no matter where I am I see a extremely high majority of woman / girls in slacks of some type. Maybe one in 20 or less will be wearing a dress or skirt.
You could make the same comment about stockings (pantyhose or tights) over the past 5 or 6 years I have seen two major brands cut back on the styles they offer. Some place a saw a short news article that guys are now buying almost as many stockings (pantyhose or tights) as women. Yet the market trend is down to the point that the younger generation don't see them as a option any more.
So sad that IMO the common attire for many women has lost 90% of the sex appeal.

I just thought of a possible reason, could be women / girls feel safer / more comfortable not dressing up.
Also within a given age group IMO it might be that pants will (how should I say this to be PC) allow those w/o a perfect figure to be comfortable while out in public. Just a thought?

Chari
05-20-2014, 01:25 PM
As many have stated Teresa, It usually depends on where you are and the weather if skirts are worn! In the fashion side, skirts & dresses continue to be a very big part of the business, although many designers today are going for a more relaxed look with some unusual materials. IMO skirts will be with us for a long time! Enjoy.

DonnaT
05-20-2014, 01:32 PM
Lotsa skirts and dresses around here. At the local mall yesterday, many of the school girls were wearing sundresses.

Jaymees22
05-20-2014, 01:37 PM
I think for the most part you are right, I saw a women wearing a skirt with pantyhose a few weeks ago near the super market where I shop and thought she probably was one of us. If I see women in dresses it's usually on the TV news shows. Like Paula my therapist wears skirts and I usually wear leggings or jeans. I recently joined a support group and I was the only one not wearing a dress or skirt, I had on leggings with a long top. Hugs Jaymee

Bria
05-20-2014, 01:49 PM
One my grand daughters hardly ever has worn a skirt or dress. She did get a dress to go to her high school prom. She does have three brothers and no sisters, so this may have had an influence. Hugs, Bria

JazT95
05-20-2014, 02:14 PM
Going to have to disagree with this one. I see girls everywhere wearing skirts/dresses. Maybe it's just where I live.

At the moment I've been having a thing for wearing jeans over skirts and until I saw this post, I thought I was going to be the one sticking out this summer because I WASN'T wearing a skirt.

In all honesty, I reckon skirts will be here in force by the time summer hits peak in the next few weeks or so, just don't see how girls can wear anything else in that heat!

StarrOfDelite
05-20-2014, 02:40 PM
To some extent I think the number of women wearing skirts, hose and shoes depends on the size and sophistication of the area where a person lives. I live in a metro area of about half a million, and on weekdays after about 4 p.m. there are lots of women around and about who are dressed for business. I also travel to some smaller cities in rural Ohio where I hardly ever see a skirt or dress, and never see pantyhose. On the weekends, I never see anyone wearing skirts in the daytime, but probably at least half of the women in the bars/clubs/restaurants are after the early bird special crowd has come and gone.

As the weather gets warmer you will see a lot of scoop collar and off the shoulder long summer dresses on the girls. I think they look great on women, but unfortunately they tend to emphasize masculine shoulders and arms, and I have to avoid them. That type dress is never worn with heels or hose, of course, just bare legs and sandals. The idea is to be cool and comfortable

gennee
05-20-2014, 02:57 PM
You see a bit of everything here in New York. I have been out nine years and have never worn pants. I figure why should I wear something that I wear as a male :D. I love maxi skirts and dresses. I wear calf length skirts (I like showing my legs) :D. On a couple of occasions I've given fashion tips to Cd's and GGs. I got my fashion sense from my mother.

Secret Drawer
05-20-2014, 03:07 PM
Thank goodness for Scandinavia! I have been in and out of Denmark, Sweden, and Norway for the last five years and right now there are too many young (and old!) women in skirts and dresses to count! Even better is the idea that most are with some sort of pantyhose, either black, white, or skintone. Another biggy is the running tights, which are everywhere. I for one will not complain as a gynephilic I am pretty happy about either look. It could have to do with the strong role of women that Scandinavia enjoys, which makes them more liberal and sexually free to "be sexy" without losing their identities as people with minds... Food for thought!

Alice Torn
05-20-2014, 03:49 PM
In 1971, the small town high school i attended, started allowing girls to wear trousers to school. I noticed a certain something different,in the air. I observe historical trends, and my friend , another old intellectual bachelor, and i , have come to the conclusion, that showing off legs, sent a sexual message to boys and men. Women , during the late 1960's got sick, and weary of being sexual objects, and many just did not want men seeing their legs, anymore. Legs showing became a rare bird, since then. The town i live in , leg sightings with a skirt or dress are very, very rare, but, lots of women do wear shorts in the warm weather. No hose or heel, seen for weeks, though.

reb.femme
05-20-2014, 04:57 PM
.........The only fashion I can't get my head round is the tunic/dress what is that all about ?

If you do see someone wearing a skirt it's probably a CDer, if I was out it would be me ! I just don't like women's trousers with the exception of leather and the fine stretch cord ones but then I would have to read the sticky on tucking and I can't be doing with that !..........

I love my my black tunic dress for two reasons. One, my wife gave it to me (as she said it looked like a bin bag when she wore it) :heehee: and I get to wear my leggings, a cute mesh belt and a little pair of wedge boots or flats. Magic!

I'm not into the tucking thing either, I get an ache down there from being in the car a lot, (squashed bolleux I assume) so it's going to be a gaff for a flatter front in this locale.

I have noticed a few of the girls at work appear to be wearing skirts and dresses more, varied ages too, so here's hoping that the trend continues.

Rebecca

Farrah
05-20-2014, 05:06 PM
It really depends on the occasion and where you are going. Where I live, in Mississippi, I notice more women wearing maxis and cute little summer dresses because of the heat. However, my wife is always telling me that women don't wear skirts, dresses, and heels everyday. I tell her I understand, but I don't get a chance dress everyday, so skirts/dresses for me! ;)

Dianne S
05-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Thank goodness for Scandinavia!

Yes! I was in Stockholm for about a week and noticed lots of women wearing skirts and tights. In general, people were much better and more stylishly dressed than here in Canada.

Alice Torn
05-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Zylia, I have heard that Europeans dress classier than most Americans, and a lady told me that Europeans tend to think Americans dress sloppy for the most part.

Michelle789
05-20-2014, 11:24 PM
I think it depends on where you live too. Here in LA I see both skirts/dresses and jeans/pants. I wear mostly skirts and dresses too, and I have been ma'amed while wearing them (even in the middle of the desert), so don't think you need to wear pants or jeans otherwise you'll get clocked. There are plenty of reasons you can get clocked aside from what you're wearing.

I'm also a new TS and I wear skirts & dresses too. I see TSes who wear jeans/pants, and TSes who wear skirts/dresses too.

PaulaAnn
05-20-2014, 11:51 PM
I love wearing a skirt or dress....makes me feel great.I very rarely wear slacks unless it's - 30F and a stiffish breeze.I'll replace stockings with tights for the winter.I have decent legs and like to show them off and besides I wear a skirt for me ; for my pleasure.
In my case I think by wearing a skirt helps fulfill my role as a woman .....a part of acceptance I guess.
I dunno....just like wearing them.
PaulaAnn

Adriana Moretti
05-20-2014, 11:55 PM
I see plenty of legs out in the street. But I agree most cd's hate pants...i wish they wouldnt, and find something with some style. But I get it..skirts,skirts skirts, gals LOVE all the girliest of the girlies...

Paula Klein
05-21-2014, 04:02 AM
I made this same observation to my first therapist. She got kind of defensive about it, but the next week, she started wearing dresses to our sessions. :) It's funny now, because I mostly wear jeans.

Now that's funny!

I actually think I have been a 'positive' influence on my wife. She is a counselor/therapist, and always wore a pant's outfit to look 'professional'. I have little by little been pushing her to be more 'feminine', and she now wears dresses for work more than half the time (and she looks fantastic in them!).

Doing my part to make the world a prettier place! LOL!

Sara Jessica
05-21-2014, 08:22 AM
This seems like yet another way to rip on how women choose to dress in their day to day lives but then again, I live in a place where I see dresses and skirts pretty much anywhere I go and during all seasons so I have absolutely nothing to complain about. I have no reason to lament the state of women's fashion. The women in SoCal are gorgeous, as is their sense of style.

And anyone in these pages who avoids wearing anything that isn't named "skirt" or "dress" is missing out on a myriad of style options that women have which look just as feminine when presented as part of the total package, not to mention conducive to making your own choices based on time, place, event weather, etc.

julie w
05-21-2014, 10:15 AM
I am in the uk three times a year and I see lots of women wearing skirts even in winter admittedly a lot more in pants trousers but enough to not make you stand out , I have just got back from Berlin Germany and there was enough skirt wearers there to not make you stand out ,

UNDERDRESSER
05-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Not around here, still lots of skirts, hosiery etc. Even in quite cold weatrher.

reb.femme
05-21-2014, 12:56 PM
Zylia, I have heard that Europeans dress classier than most Americans, and a lady told me that Europeans tend to think Americans dress sloppy for the most part.

I think you can throw that one in both directions Alice, it just depends where you go and when. There is a thin line between class and ass (the Brit word rhymes better with class but would get deleted ) My wife will wear jog bots and a baggy top for the most part at home, but will tidy up just to go to the shops. We good old Brits have snobbery and class definitions hard wired, but I don't think we'll win a style play off over the US as a matter of course. Very similar places.

I wear shorts or jog bots at home a lot (boy and girl kit), but for work it's suited and booted, so it's nice to dress down too. I'm a big skirts and dresses type for the most part when going out en femme, as a girl's got to shine :battingeyelashes:.

Rebecca

becky77
05-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Time and place, weather etc etc

I live in jeans, summer is here so maybe cropped jeggings but I do have a dress or two. It's how and where you wear it, I only wear a shorter summer dress in my garden would feel way too exposed going around say a supermarket. Fashion also is key, I wear more skirts in winter as skirt, thick tights and boots is a staple look and really comfortable.

When it's about everyday living it's about practicality. Go to an event, eg wedding or party and then you will see dresses and skirts. Sometimes you need a reason to glam up!
Essex (England) has a pretty good mix of different fashions.

julia marie
05-21-2014, 02:24 PM
Interesting timing for this thread. Now that weather in New England is almost tolerable I've been noticing an awful lot of women wearing skirts, particularly in casual situations like shopping, being tourists, etc., and at least a few summer sundresses. The skirts aren't the pencil skirts they might wear to the office (I know that in Boston a lot of women still wear skirts or dresses to the office) but looser, casual skirts of denim, khaki, etc. Glad I'm not alone in wearing those. Plus, they make life nicer for girl watching. Of course, maybe those hundreds of women in skirts aren't women at all. I don't plan to look close enough to find out.

Ressie
05-21-2014, 03:07 PM
I saw 3 young girls wearing short skirts today. Apparently it was their school uniform!

Seana Summer
05-21-2014, 03:42 PM
I think it matters where you are. I have seen areas where people in general dress like slobs, even in a business environment. Then other cities or areas you still see men in coats and ties and women in skirts and suits in similar business environments.

I think competition for opportunity and employment improves the level of dress. When there is no opportunity (things seem hopeless), or too much opportunity (things are too easy), people get lazy and sloppy

ronny0
05-21-2014, 05:49 PM
I was at the local shopping mall today, took notice to make sure my last comment still held true.
I just walked in and out, though stood a while to notice. Saw more than 100 people mostly women and girls.
Did see three or more maxi dress (IMO They are as bad as pants). But I saw only one woman in a leg exposing dress / skirt.
I did see plenty of girls / women in shorts and pants. At least 80 or 90% were wearing shorts or slacks.
I would make a safe bet I could sit in that mall for days and days w/o seeing a woman with stockings on.
Putting a disclaimer on the last comment, have to exclude the lunch hour and the drive home crowd.
As I am sure IMO those that are dressed really well are dressed for their job.
The area I am in is a major metro suburb, but not a lot of office workers, more of a vacation attitude area.

Julie Gaum
05-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Would agree after being in Macy's and two malls in last two days, in Florida that is, would agree that most under around 25 were in shorts and the rest as you stated. I happened to be in a skirt and hose but then I happened to be a CD --- not the reason though. Late in the afernoon many GGs are stopping by after work or possibly going out for dinner along with some shopping. In addition to the time of day factor there is the age consideration. For me as an old lady I probably blended in as few old ladies are in shorts while most are in pants.
Would like to say that the weight factor should restrain those obese from wearing short shorts but, sadly, that's not the case.
I might link in my current avatar as one stop was at MAC --- my latest beauty operator, after waxing and plucking brows, told me to go to MAC for them to do the proper eyebrow lines.
Well, they said no pencil as it might have looked good for me 60 years ago; instead brushed on top of the remaining eyebrows. After 3 months the wig is off and my own hair is back on view (Had to cut it in early January). I know how lucky I am to have hair and be able to let it grow --- a few good things still come my way and Im grateful.
Julie

sissystephanie
05-21-2014, 09:18 PM
As a long time CD I wear skirts almost every day. I do own some dresses, but without my dear wife (she passed away) to do my makeup and fix my wig I don't wear a dress in public. However, I do wear skirts and feminine tops all the time out in public and have never had any problems. I am dressed that way as I write this and have already been out to eat both lunch and dinner! Unless you are dressed rather outrageously, no one really cares!!

BLUE ORCHID
05-22-2014, 07:27 AM
Hi Teresa, I often think that when I see a lady in the grocery store or WaL*MART wearing a skirt I wonder if that is one of us.

Katie Russell
05-23-2014, 03:30 AM
I just think that it is practical and comfortable for GGs to wear jeans etc. If your shopping, picking up the kids from school, cleaning the house, cooking etc you wouldn't want to do it in heels and a skirt. The only time I see a GG in a skirt and heels on the school run is when they've come straight from work, same for at the supermarket. I wouldn't wear a skirt and heels to clean or cook so why should a GG.

When a GG wants to dress up for an occasion then she will wear a dress, skirt heels etc. You only have to go to a wedding to see that but for everyday life. Why? If a GG dressed up everyday she'd loss out on that special occasion.

I think that most CDs have in their minds eye what we see as the 'ideal woman' and I think in general it is a woman in a dress/skirt heels etc. That is why most of us dress that way - to been our 'ideal woman'. We dress for that special occasion because we don't dress everyday as a GG. If we did then we'd probably end up in jeans etc just to be practical and comfortable.

Katie

Teresa
05-23-2014, 03:40 AM
Katie,
I can remember a time when my wife never wore trousers even doing housework and gardening ! Always blouse and skirt and kitten heels, it was such a pleasure watching her swish round the house and it never looked impractical .

Katie Russell
05-23-2014, 04:32 AM
Hi Teresa

I just think that women today have far more choice. I can remember that when I first met my wife she had to wear a skirt or dress to work - no trousers for women were allowed. She had to make a stand and wore a smart trouser suit. That was over 20 years ago. Now she will still wear a dress, skirt or trousers to work out of choice but will always them off when she gets home in favour of jeans and a top, out of choice. At weekends it's the same uniform as the other mums who stand around in muddy sports fields - strictly no heels.

I think it is just dependent upon the situation and what is practical at the time. If you go to the shop most women don't want to walk round for hours in heels - wouldn't.

Katie

noeleena
05-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Hi,

When you come over to New Zealand , And more so Waimate ,You will see us in long dress's and skirts, yes we are Edwardian women .

Most of the time youll see me in skirts , unless im working then ill be in shorts and or bib overalls,

Next group You will see us many of us in Scottish wear - skirt's, and kilt Colours

Now our Renaissance garb youll see me in long skirts out and about and if you happen to be in Melbourne June the 6 th .ill have my garb on yes on two plane's Chch to Melbourne to Tasmania,

And a few of us like our Gipsy wear nice long dress or skirt's.

yes we do have a few women in dress's and skirts more the older locals.

...noeleena...

Marcelle
05-23-2014, 04:42 AM
Hi Teresa,

I think it really depends where you live. The small city I live closest to . . . yup jeans, t-shirts are the vogue and a woman in a dress or skirt would be an oddity. However Ottawa is a different story and dresses, skirts abound this time of year downtown.

Hugs

Isha

CrossJess
05-23-2014, 08:14 AM
You see a bit of everything here in New York. I have been out nine years and have never worn pants. I figure why should I wear something that I wear as a male :D. I love maxi skirts and dresses. I wear calf length skirts (I like showing my legs) :D. On a couple of occasions I've given fashion tips to Cd's and GGs. I got my fashion sense from my mother.

NewYork NewYork is a wonderful place to be and the people we so kind to me, when I went there back in 1999 I was amazed at how people don't care what your dressed like and anything goes, i mean I saw a guy just wearing a pair of brightly coloured underwear on walking down the street and no one was taking any notice, after seeing that i thought me dressed in denim daisy dukes with neon pink leggings.... bright pink wedge shoes and a tinkerbell t shirt would be fine haha, I remember getting some music cds in the virgin store you had there and this business guy came up to me and said I had a cute butt and did I fancy going for drink....made my day :daydreaming:

Regards to this subject. where I live there are plenty of girls in skirts and dresses, though I do agree skinny jeans are very in at the moment and a lot of woman are wearing them...even the blokes for that matter

mariehart
05-23-2014, 09:24 AM
Strangely enough only this morning I noted how many women young and old were wearing skirts today. I'm not sure how it is in the US but the current trend here like the UK is for leggings or dark opaque tights worn under either a colourful dress or long tee shirt. In fact I noticed three young women wearing very tight and short skirts over dark tights today. In fact there are some girls who wear very thin legging with no skirt or tee. I would find that rather daring myself. :eek:

A lot of the Mothers at my kids school also wear dresses and shock horror; high heels. One woman habitually wears a LBD. It has to be said it's a very middle class school most people have plenty of money and it's reflected in their clothes and their Range Rovers, BMWs etc:) In other areas women are more likely to be seen in jogging pants and jeans.

I do think it does depend on where you live, the current fashion. The time of the year etc. Right now in my city many women wear skirts and dress very well indeed. But it's considered a very liberal trendy city. But go down the road to a slightly smaller town with perhaps less going for it, less money perhaps and the woman are more dowdily dressed.

But from my point of view the skirt is back, although ironically these days. I'm happier in leggings and jeans!

Bubblegum
05-23-2014, 01:16 PM
I never see women in dresses. It's pretty rare unless they're going somewhere, like to a party or gathering.

I remember when I was a middle schooler I went to a private Christian school. Some of the volunteers casually wore dresses and it dazed me. Little girls are often seen in dresses but by their teens it's rare to see people in anything but varying degrees of jeans.

Alice_2014_B
06-21-2014, 02:01 PM
I only wear long skirts when in fem-mode, whether at home or out in public; I personally get enough fill of trousers/pants in my normal everyday wear, though I do sport my Utilikilt often, especially when it gets warm out.
Women in long skirts is not that common here in the Northwest.

Desirae
06-21-2014, 02:23 PM
I don't know. I see a lot of women wearing long maxi skirts and maxi dresses out and about right now. I see them everywhere I go like the grocery store, the banks, other stores. I like maxis a lot. They're easy to wear and they're cool and comfortable. No fuss dressing.

bentervine
06-22-2014, 10:18 PM
I don't understand why women won't wear dresses and skirts all the time, when it's not cold out.

juliew
06-22-2014, 10:54 PM
My wife doesn't wear a dress nor do I wear dresses. Jeans, slacks, shorts......and neither of us care what the label in the waist band says!