PDA

View Full Version : Stories from the past

CarlaWestin
05-21-2014, 07:07 PM
This site has been around for quite awhile and I'm sure the membership goes in cycles as most sites do. So, I'm wondering if some of the legacy members can recount some of the more interesting posts from the past. I mean, there has to be some real gems. I posted this in the M2F section to accommodate the CD tales from bygone times. Tamara, I'm sure you have some good ones.

:daydreaming:

Beverley Sims
05-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Carla,
I search through old posts and sometimes there are old posts that have not been locked.

It was interesting to see the quite different replies to the same thread two years later.
Attitudes change and outlooks are different, even six months down the track.

If you find any reply to them and see how different replies are on the same subject now.

The most common question people ask is......

Why?

Currently there is a thread up on this subject and "still" no one seems to know.....

Why? :)

BLUE ORCHID
05-22-2014, 08:25 PM
Hi Carla, There are 53,000 threads and 1.1 million posts & almost 1800 pages in this section we should be able to fond some great ones

PretzelGirl
05-22-2014, 09:05 PM
Hmmm.... having a memory is a prerequisite here? :) I think I remember the members more than the stories.

There was a beautiful young lady that went to the beach in a bikini. <sigh>

All first time out stories are worth their weight in gold.

There was the first Cadbury Egg post.

But unfortunately, most of the CD ones that come to mind are negative as in bad public experiences or bad family experiences. Those are definitely individual and need to stay in the archives. :sad:

kimdl93
05-22-2014, 11:32 PM
After more than four years I can recall a number of posts that resonated with me, but honestly, I won't take the time to dredge them up. Mainly because what was relevant four years ago remains relevant today in that the same topics and experiences reemerge.

docrobbysherry
05-23-2014, 01:44 AM
Like Sue, I tend to remember the members whose posts, in general, had unique viewpoints, attitude, and tenor.

Especially those that r gone now. And, I would expect in some cases their posts are gone with them!

Teresa
05-23-2014, 03:31 AM
Hi Carla,
As a fairly new member I won't recall what has passed but I have taken the trouble to go back through the archives, which is well worth doing.
Maybe it should be a sticky requesting new members to find the time, so we don't get too much repetition but then the nature of the beast makes us think we'll all different. Also getting replies to your thread gives you the feeling that others think it had value and was worth responding to.

Bev does like throwing the oar in ! Sneaked in the "WHY" question again !

Kate Simmons
05-23-2014, 06:15 AM
If we continually grow as a person, which we should, we should expect to have different outlooks on the same subjects over time.:)

Hell on Heels
05-23-2014, 06:54 AM
I think it's important for the new, hopefully younger, members to rehash the same old questions.
With the changing times and degree of public acceptance, they are keeping any changes to our community
relevant and up to date.
Bev. Really? You have to bring the " WHY ? " up. The line for brain scans is never long enough!
Much Love,
Kristyn

Sometimes Steffi
05-24-2014, 11:04 AM
I've been around for a while, but I can't remember any really good stories.

I always wished it was easier to search for messages here. Maybe it is easy to search, and I'm just not smart enough to figure it out.

Sarah Doepner
05-24-2014, 02:37 PM
I can't put my finger on a specific story, but the one thing that stands out for me is the growth that can be seen in so many of the members from their first tentative posts to those they share a year or so later. The relief that they are not alone, sick, wierd or headed toward disaster because they crossdress is palpable. Confidence builds and eventually they are the ones jumping in to counsel newbies taking their first steps into a new world.