PDA

View Full Version : Hips

Dianne S
05-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Not sure if this should be in TS Body Issues, but it doesn't seem to meet that FAQ's criteria... anyway...

I am not yet on HRT, and when I present female I use hip padding. Going forward, can I expect HRT to help make my hips appear bigger? I realize the bone won't change, but did anyone who's further along find that fat redistribution was enough to make a difference?

I see three options: (1) do nothing and live with my hips, (2) wear padding, and/or (3) wear hip-enhancing fashions like peplum dresses. Curious to know what others are doing...

Chari
05-23-2014, 12:56 PM
Dianne, Each of us re-acts to HRT and other medications differently. IMO it is best to consult with your doctor as to your "hip" issues. Personally, "hip padding or other hip enhancing methods" just don't work for me as I prefer the "natural" feminine look. Enjoy.

PaulaAnn
05-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Hi,I'm lucky I guess as my hips are more feminine than male.....but the HRT has added a bit more "shape" to them. My problem is not enough bum,but hopefully as I continue with the hormones, my backside will add some more mass. As Chari mentions,I'd talk with my doctor to see what options you have....I venture to guess that if you go on HRT ,you may experience some weight gain on your hips.
PaulaAnn

Dianne S
05-23-2014, 02:15 PM
OK, thanks. I had a bad-body-image night last night and started fretting. :(

LeaP
05-23-2014, 02:19 PM
I have wider than average hips and heavier legs, along with the rest of my family. I have seen some minor changes - and this from someone who gains it there first and loses it there last - but nothing of a scale that would replace the use of pads.

Dress for the body you have, not the one you want, as the saying goes.

Jorja
05-23-2014, 03:06 PM
I will second Chari's thought that we are all different and respond to HRT differently. If you are one of the lucky ones, you will look great with little effort. Now us girls that need a little help have a few options available to us. There are hip pads and a myriad of other products for sale. There is surgery to place some fatty tissue in the booty area. This has limited success at best. Most of us just go with what we got. Incorporate butt building exercise into your routine (Think Buns of Steel). This is what seems to work the best in the real world.

Sue Too
05-23-2014, 11:31 PM
Hi Dianne
I've been on HRT for about 12 weeks and I think I am seeing changes in my hips. My size 7 panties seem to be fitting tighter than they used to and to my knowledge nylon doesn't shrink. Went to my endo yesterday and he seemed to confirm my opinion. I plan to play with the cards I was dealt--------no jokers in my panties

Susan in Phoenix

Kaitlyn Michele
05-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Diane i'm sure its on your mind and that's natural but your hip size is that last thing you should be worrying about.

You have a lot to worry about that will have a much bigger impact on your quality of life. I had similar thoughts and was very focused on my appearance but I had to learn to let go of the things I couldn't control (like how fat would distribute on my butt hips and thighs.)

I did exercise but I did that for all kinds of reasons.

As a factual matter in my case , nothing really happened down there for me until after SRS. The elimination of the T production gave a kick to the my HRT and the feminizing of the body went to the next level..
and at 51, now I have a lovely(not) glob of fat forever hanging way too low off the bottom of my ass..be careful what you wish for

StephanieC
05-24-2014, 07:41 PM
I haven't seen much change in my hips, although there have been massive changes in legs and thighs. I don't use any padding...I just use the appropriate clothing to highlight what I have.
-stephani

Inna
05-24-2014, 09:42 PM
you can change anything you want about your body, first is belief, second, the mighty little pills, the third, determination to do what ever it takes to achieve the goal!

I started from 227lbs semi-pro body building dude, to a figure no one ever questions as in regards to my gender.
In fact I believe I have a quite desirable body as the guys like to take second take and smile from ear to ear, even when they are with their wife's....ups sorry!
It took a belief in otherwise unthinkable goal and as rigid resolve to bring this body from Mars to Venus!

Sarah M
05-25-2014, 06:19 AM
I was born Intersex an have a female pelvis an since I have been on HRT for 11 1/2 months now I have nicely shaped hips.