PDA

View Full Version : Strange But Valid

Aly Cat
05-23-2014, 06:01 PM
So I had a relatively strange question but I would really like to know if this has happened and if anyone has any reports/pictures/info about it.
I was standing here at work and saw some twins pass by. It made me wonder if there are any cases of either a set of twins both being transgender, or a one male one female set of twins where one is transgender and they both end up looking exactly the same after transition/transformation. Just trying to satisfy my curiosity.

Beverley Sims
05-23-2014, 06:03 PM
In a discussion a long time ago this came up, nothing conclusive eventuated out of the conversation though.

Marcelle
05-23-2014, 06:44 PM
Sorry can't think of any. The closest is the transgender actress "Laverne Cox" whose twin brother played her in a "post op flash back scene" in the show "Orange is the New Black" but that is not what you were asking.

Hugs

Isha

dana digs sweaters
05-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Twin female impersonators Donna Drag and Lana Kuntz and also these other twins from Germany, I forget their names but others here should be able to name them.

BLUE ORCHID
05-23-2014, 08:32 PM
Hi Dana, That is very interesting.

Leslie Langford
05-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Well, here are at least three examples:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2340490/Transgender-Maine-teen-court-fighting-right-use-girls-bathroom--supported-identical-twin-brother.html

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Transgendered-Twins

And in a related note, identical twin sisters (and budding singing sensations) Tegan and Sara have both openly declared themelves to be lesbians...

sometimes_miss
05-23-2014, 09:21 PM
Eva, one male and one female twin don't have any more dna in common than any other set of brother sister siblings. They'll look similar because they are family related, that's all. Identical twins will share the same degree of genetic predeliction to GID, however if there is an outside trigger needed to, well, 'push them over the edge' for lack of a better phrase, one may while the other may not have GID. However; living in a family with three sets of identical twins, when one starts doing something, the other always seemed to 'Oh wow, that looks interesting' and then wound up with the same activities and hobbies. So unless they grew up completely separated and not knowing about their identical sibling, it would be difficult to tell how much is genetic and how much is exposure, curiosity, and then similar genetic makeup that causes the similar behaviors.

Farrah
05-23-2014, 09:26 PM
http://youtu.be/IFapuM7aM1Q

Kate Simmons
05-23-2014, 09:36 PM
I suppose anything is possible but I've never personally heard about anything like that Hon.:)

Alice Torn
05-23-2014, 09:45 PM
My older twin brothers. One is now in prison. I have found an old wig in one of the old buidings on my dad's property. I don't know if they were dong any dressup or not, though, but i would not be too surprised. They are inseparable twins, and it is hell for them to be separated. I would not be surprised if they at least experimented.

marshalynn
05-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Sometimes_miss read the second listing on Leslie post, about twins on Oprah show, the doctor has a different view than you.

sometimes_miss
05-24-2014, 03:38 AM
Sometimes_miss read the second listing on Leslie post, about twins on Oprah show, the doctor has a different view than you. Different views are perfectly ok. Insisting that they are the only possible conclusion, is not, without proof. As we don't experiment on people, everything is based on second hand observation. We're still in the infancy of gender studies. Remember, for a long time, Freud's penis envy theory was considered quite valid. Now we know different. Yet, he was right on target in some other areas. Nobody's perfect, and just because you have a doctorate, doesn't make you right, or even smart. It only means you studied a lot under other people for a long time.

Katey888
05-24-2014, 03:47 AM
I'm still hoping that my long-lost twin is Bill Gates and one day he'll turn up her en femme (eeeeww!) to welcome me out into the world and share the family fortune... at that point I'll have an example for you... ;)

Sadly we're such outliers on any genetic or statistical scale it's still not likely to mean much - one rarely even sees twins together nowadays...

Katey x

Shelly Preston
05-24-2014, 04:34 AM
I read one recently here the twins were separated at birth and both grew up transgendered they only found each other years later.

dana digs sweaters
05-24-2014, 12:20 PM
I forgot about Kara and Tara Dion.

Aly Cat
05-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Oh wow, this is awesome! Its good to know they are out there :)