PDA

View Full Version : Told my best friend and his wife last night.

Gemma Rhodes
01-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi Girls.

I took another big step last night when I told my best friend and his wife about Gemma. I have been wanting to tell him for a while now as I hate all the little white lies I have to tell him when I go away to TG events.

Anyway last night I decided to bite the bullet and tell him about me, so I went round to see them armed with my digital camera. I was shaking like a leaf but they were both really cool about it. Toni was really interested asking me what I called myself, did I do my own make up, where do I buy my clothes etc and Dave assured me that this will not effect our friendship at all.

They were both great and I spent a good few hoursthere just chatting to them both and drinking beer to calm my nerves. I showed them some pics of me and they were both amazed at how good I could actually look as a woman and were very complimentary on my look. Neither of them had a clue about what I told them but I feel that a weighthas been lifted off my shoulders and Ican now be upfront and honest with them in the future.

Just wanted to share this news with you, thanks for reading.

Gemma xx

Wendy me
01-15-2006, 12:31 PM
veary cool always nice to hear abought something like that in a possative way......

uknowhoo
01-15-2006, 12:32 PM
Wow, Gemma, that is such lovely news.

It must be wonderful to be relieved of a burden like that.

Thanks for the warm 'n fuzzy.:bs:

Hugs,

Tammi

Marla GG
01-15-2006, 01:09 PM
What a cool story, Gemma. Thanks for sharing that. It must have taken a lot of courage to come out to them....but then we already know you are a brave girl! :thumbsup: I hope your friendship will only deepen now that the need for white lies and concealment is in the past.

GypsyKaren
01-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Hi Gemma

Oh, isn't it great to have such wonderful friends? I'm so happy for you, way to go!

GypsyKaren

Deidra Cowen
01-15-2006, 01:22 PM
That was very gutsy and I am happy for you that they were very accepting.

Shelly Preston
01-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Hi Gemma

I hope he really can live up to the comment about not affecting your friendship.

You desereve a badge of courage.

BrendaChristine
01-15-2006, 05:38 PM
Good for you! It's great to be able to share this with someone.

susandrea
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
It's a great feeling when you know your friends are REALLY your friends. :D

Lindahexi
01-15-2006, 05:58 PM
Hi Gemma, that is so cool, I'm really happy for you. The fact that they showed real interest in what you told them is just great; you must be on a high at the moment.

Hugs,

Linda.

SherriePall
01-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Gemma --
Maybe if we all had the nerve to do what you just did, we wouldn't have to have the nerve to do what you just did.

Gemma Rhodes
01-15-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks girls,

As I said, I was shaking like a leaf when I told them but they both took it in their stride even though it was a jaw-dropping moment for them both as neither had any idea of what I was going to tell them. Hopefully now they have had time to let it all sink in they will still feel the same way but at the moment I am very glad I have been able to tell a "real" person as it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Gemma xx

Sweet Susan
01-15-2006, 07:38 PM
The Wide Wonderful World of the Warm and Fuzzy. We should all be so lucky! Congrats!

Laurie Ann
01-15-2006, 09:28 PM
Gemma that took a lot of courage yea thats the word I was looking for. I am so happy for you.

Missy Anne's GG
01-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh Gemma,

That's so great! I bet you are so relieved! I guess you can go to sleep and have happy dreams now that your best friends are ok with this.

Hugs,

Missy Anne's GG

Phoebe Reece
01-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Way to go Gemma. You've come a long way since you first started posting here.

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-16-2006, 12:49 AM
Congratulations! I'm sure it took a lot of courage. As Phoebe said, you've come a long way girlfriend.