PDA

View Full Version : Coming out

calliekat
05-24-2014, 04:59 PM
I have been under a lot if stress because of some things going on in my life. Admittedly, one night I had a few drinks and wanted to talk to someone. The person I chose to talk to is not one to judge. She has dealt with someone coming out gay, and she didn't flinch.
I ended up telling her of my cross dressing. She didn't flinch, and said she pretty much knew any way.
She offered to help me, in trying to find someone else (professionally) I can talk to. She has a daughter in Massachusetts that deals in psychological issues. But no one was found locally. By no means is she saying I need help in my head. She just thinks I need someone I can talk to openly about this.
It would be nice to talk with someone, but not someone that thinks I'm wrong in the head.
At least in some degree. I came out to someone.

Christina Sevilla
05-24-2014, 05:08 PM
I started seeing a gender therapist after many years. Now i am glad because since i am able to talk freely and honestly about myself. I am always excited about our weekly sessions. It may help you too.

Katey888
05-24-2014, 05:23 PM
Callie - it's certainly good to talk to someone... and definitely better with someone who doesn't think you're wrong in the head because you're NOT! :)

Stop thinking that... I know it's easy to do - been there, done that, and got the t-shirt that says 'I must be a nutter...' - but we're not!

If you can talk confidentially and with someone who knows even a little of what we go through, that's a great outlet to have... use it if you can...

You can talk about other issues on other parts of the forum here, if you wanted to - it might help... :hugs:

Katey x

calliekat
05-24-2014, 05:25 PM
And there lies the problem. No one is able to find such a person in my state.

Ps: I KNOW I am not nuts in the head. I'm okay with my dressing. But it would be nice to talk to someone.

kimdl93
05-24-2014, 05:33 PM
Counselors are there to listen and help you clarify your thinking. (It's remarkable how many mistaken beliefs mislead us through the course of our lives). She is a good friend for making that recommendation.

dana digs sweaters
05-24-2014, 05:43 PM
No CD group (Tri-Ess) that is local?
Quite the tip of the iceberg at those meetings.
All walks of life and the experiences to share.
Check them out Callie.
If not, you have plenty of help available on this site.

calliekat
05-24-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm basing my saying there isn't anything/anyone local; on my friends daughter in Massachusetts (a psychiatrists) stating that SHE isn't able to find a local one here in Maine. There probably is but I'm not looking at the right area.

Beverley Sims
05-24-2014, 07:11 PM
This is a good first step and can give you a feel for other responses you may encounter on your journey.

Marcelle
05-24-2014, 09:16 PM
Hey Callie. Talking to someone such as your friend or another close person or here online is a good way to hash some things out. However if you have any confusion about what you are doing or heading with all this, a gender identity therapist can be a big help in bringing order to chaos . . . but don't discount friends just for talking about things.

Hugs

Isha

Christina Sevilla
05-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Online therapy is also available. You may want to search for them if that helps.

annecwesley
05-25-2014, 05:03 AM
You could try here: http://www.mainetransnet.org/

calliekat
05-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Thanks everyone!
I received a message stating I should give my location. That's important information! Although someone figured out I am in Maine. I am in mid coast Maine actually. Lincoln County... :)

Even if their isn't a "group" there must be individuals.
I don't know how to categorize myself. It started as a fetish with leotards, and spread from there.
I have never gone out or tried to pass. But that's because I never had the know how or tricks, ect.

Thanks for the help.
I hope you all can help me in my journey to find myself.

mechamoose
05-25-2014, 04:41 PM
It would be nice to talk with someone, but not someone that thinks I'm wrong in the head.
At least in some degree. I came out to someone.

Hi there sweetie!

You are not alone! You need to find a way to be comfortable being yourself.

I'm an odd bird here. If I can help, I'd be happy to talk.

- MM

BLUE ORCHID
05-25-2014, 08:47 PM
Hi Callie Kat, Check at the very bottom of this forum main page and click on
Maine Crossdressers to see what they have to offer.

calliekat
05-26-2014, 08:34 AM
Thanks.
I looked at the link. There isn't very much there. It seems like the site is a "work in progress."

I've discovered there is a member here, that is actually in my small town.
I'm debating reaching out.
While I came out to a friend I trust. Talking to a "stranger" is another thing. Even if they dress also.

Lola
05-26-2014, 09:46 PM
I would never come out .... i am stuck in the twilight zone by myself.....