PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a funny story

Marcelle
05-24-2014, 09:57 PM
Hi all . . . promise no rant, soapbox or folksy wisdom just a quaint funny story.

I remembered a thread a few weeks ago about "CDing coming in handy" or such words and could not think of a thing to say at the time. Well yesterday I had an experience where being a CDer came in handy. Before I get there, I have to paint the picture as it occurred a few weeks back. I was having a bit of Isha time and had stopped by a Starbucks (not one I normally frequent - boy or girl) for a latte. I decided to buy a bag of coffee and have it ground. My latte was ready quickly and I got talking to the girl who made the latte (she liked my nail polish) and completely forgot about my coffee and I left. :facepalm: Now I didn't realize it until I got home and when I did I felt quite stupid. I could have driven back but that would have been a 30 minute drive . . chalk one up to stupidity.

So yesterday I was in the same area and stopped at the same Starbucks to buy a latte. Low and behold the young girl who made my latte last time said "Miss, we have your coffee still from the last time", I smiled and said "Yeah I guess I am kind of hard to forget" she smiled back and said "Oh . . . It wasn't that, I just remembered your blue nail polish and you are wearing it again today" ;) The intent was polite and she was kind so I thanked her for remembering and I got my coffee back.

If I had been "en boy" it is likely I would never had seen that coffee again . . . so in this instance CDing came in handy. :)

Hugs

Isha

sissystephanie
05-24-2014, 11:09 PM
O.K., is your name Isha or Isah? it is both ways in your post! My finger nails are always a pale pink, and have been like that for many years. They also have a definite feminine shape. My late wife liked them that way, so have kept them that way. BTW, my late wife also preferred me to dress enfemme and be her girlfriend, except in bed!!

You must be a Canadian!!

Andy66
05-25-2014, 12:22 AM
What a lovely story. Store clerks sometimes do have a few favorite customers, ones who are memorable and make their day. Sounds like you might have made someones day. :)

Barbara Maria
05-25-2014, 02:07 AM
I'm a coffee kind of girl myself,but just her calling me miss would have made my day!

Teresa
05-25-2014, 02:47 AM
Hi Isha, Does this mean you're going to have more memory lapses ?
I do remember a girl who worked in an animal feed store, she had eyes like swimming pools, just one look and she made you forget everything !

BLUE ORCHID
05-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Hi Isha, That was a cute story , I'm glad that you finally got your coffee.

Shelly Preston
05-25-2014, 06:33 AM
Being remembered can have its advantages. :)

Kaz
05-25-2014, 06:52 AM
People buy people... we make connections... this is one you need to nurture...

Love Kaz xx

Jamie Lynn
05-25-2014, 09:16 AM
So Isha, would you not have asked for that forgotten coffee, in boy mode? Had you already paid for it but forgotten to take it? I think I might have just said....."So, a few weeks ago I was in and forgot my ground coffee. I was dressed differently and had blue fingernails?". Especially with it being the same girl. Just wondering! :)

Raychel
05-25-2014, 09:36 AM
Great story, remembered in a good way, :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Marcelle
05-25-2014, 04:34 PM
O.K., is your name Isha or Isah? it is both ways in your post! . . . You must be a Canadian!!

Stephanie . . . it is Isha. Just a typo on my part and yes 100% Canadian eh :heehee:

. . . just her calling me miss would have made my day!

I agree the use of presentation gender correct pronouns though not necessary is nice. :)

So Isha, would you not have asked for that forgotten coffee, in boy mode? ... Just wondering! :)

Actually I was planning to ask about it when I dropped in "en femme" just to see if they remembered. I don't normally get to this Starbucks so the chance never presented itself "en boy". If I was in the area "en boy" I would have given it a shot . . . I mean who would think I made that up "Yeah you might not remember me, I was the guy dressed as girl with the blue nails who forgot her coffee" :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

Katey888
05-25-2014, 06:02 PM
If I'd forgotten my coffee I would have been a very Grumpy Girl... :(

And this being Canada I'm surprised they didn't just pop it round to your house...? ("Yeah - it was just 145km but no trouble - don't worry aboot it.." ;))

Nice story, Isha - but I'm sure you're memorable for many more right reasons than just your nail polish... :D

Katey x

Beverley Sims
05-25-2014, 09:26 PM
Oh! I don't like blue nail polish, my preference is a pastel pink.

Yep! I like it what a great tale.

AnneC
05-26-2014, 09:17 AM
That is a nice story. And nice to hear that you are able to be accepted.

samantha rogers
05-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Nice, nice story, Isha, thanks! Brought a smile to my face. :-)

Jaylyn
05-26-2014, 09:25 AM
Good story Isha. Never thought that CD would come in handy but it certainly did for you and sounds like you might have a friend there that will remember you every time you head that way. Bet she doesn't forget the coffee next time.

Pat
05-27-2014, 09:45 PM
I can't help but think if you went in there both times "en boy" with blue nail polish they'd have remembered you just as well. ;)