PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing in the year...

Wildaboutheels
05-25-2014, 05:14 PM
???

Zager & Evans ring a bell for anyone? They made no mention of CDing in the future in their 1969 hit "In the year 2525". [which I still have on 45 - that's those small records with the big holes for all you young pups] They ran at 45 RPM.

Anyone care to make a prediction of say "the state of CDing affairs" even just 10 years down the road? How about 50 years from now?

For the curious...

http://www.metrolyrics.com/in-the-year-2525-lyrics-zager-and-evans.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhNM2K8cmU8

A cool thing is about some of what they predicted for the farrrrrrr future that we are already doing, or very close to doing.

Maybe CDing might have some equally "stunning" developments...

???

bimini1
05-25-2014, 05:22 PM
Fascinating stuff for sure. Sometimes I wish I could go into suspended reanimation in a time capsule and wake up 500 years down the line. The way hi tech is leaping right now who knows? Time travel, ETs, wormholes, other dimensions all of that is what I predict sooner or later.

As far as CD is concerned I do not see much change over the next decade or so. As I look back, change I've seen thus far is kinda slow. A full scale TG culture clash is at hand with society right now. There is gonna be some increased backlash too.

Alice Torn
05-25-2014, 05:25 PM
I agree with Bimini.

WhisperTV
05-25-2014, 06:01 PM
I want the boobs that shoot pink smoke that makes you horny like the Fem Bots had in Austin Powers.

Jaylyn
05-25-2014, 06:19 PM
In the year 2525 CD will still be alive. All the men will be be wearing heels and blue eye shadow will have survived. Lol

BLUE ORCHID
05-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Hi WAH, I just type in Zager and Evans on youtube and up it comes.
I think that with the next generation coming along behind the Baby Boomers
that a lot of things will start to loosen up.

Beverley Sims
05-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Then there's those 10 inch black things that spin around at 78 rpm.

For future predictions, George Orwell was only ten years out with his film "1984".

A store manager I know watches his staff at night on the security cameras installed in store.

He has a mobile phone and sits in the tube traveling around London watching them in Los Angeles. :)

Michelle789
05-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Hopefully by the year 2525 we will embrace gender diversity. Those who want to conform to the traditional binary may, and those who want to live outside may do so as well. I think we will see men wearing dresses and heels, TS women who live inside the binary, TS women who live outside the binary, TS men in the binary, TS men who wear dresses and heels, people who switch back and forth between male and female, 3rd and 4th genders, and more. I think we will see family as an option, but not required to live life. Hopefully we will see all this arrive long before 2525. I hope we see it by 2323. Wait, I hope by 2121. I think even by 2023 we'll see major progress, at least in more progressive parts of the world.

sara_also
05-26-2014, 05:44 AM
Wow what a flashback!
As a entertainment agency back in Chicago. Zager & Evans were under contract to us. I remember the day they recorded that song and shortly after that went to another record lable to become stars.
It was an amazing time in my life and I did not start cd'ing untill much later.
Old memories. Thanks

Adriana
05-26-2014, 03:34 PM
Love that song btw. My opinion is society keeps changing quickly and many things of the past that we fretted over have become the norm. Example: 15 years ago a guy with both ears pierced would of been out of place, but today its ok to have them pierced. I've also seen a slight rise in guys wearing nail polish, but not enough to be a full blown trend. We can only hope that one day society takes a different look at what we do as "normal"....

IMkrystal
05-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Well, the year 2525 is 511 years from now :doh:and having lived thru the Civil Right, Vietnam, Women, Gay, 9/11, Iraqi, turmoils during the past fifty years change does occur very slowly, while continually undergoing years of resistance and denial. These events affected my life because of my personal proximity and access to information. However past events and events now occurring have little effect on a person unless there is some connection.
I had the opportunity to see a Broadway play this pasted Saturday called “Casa Valentina” Looking around the audience there were few present under the age of 45. I found the play to be an honest representation of the conflicts hidden within our community. After this matinee there was a question and answer session with two of the actors in the play. In listening to the questions from this white hair audience I felt like I was sitting in a grade school assembly in the 1960 talking about outer space. The director of this session kept repeating how much time and research had been spent with crossdressers to get it right. The two actors appeared confounded be the simplicity of the questions. But the realization about how far crossdressing has come sank home when one of the actors referred to us as “these people.”
511 years is a long way off and the posts on here remind me of an old expression “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.” :daydreaming: I predict the only events that would change how we are perceived are, if all male clothing vanishes or the second coming occurs.:brolleyes: