PDA

View Full Version : What's the longest time a CD avoid dressing up ?

jessica wai
05-25-2014, 10:15 PM
As a lifelong CD, I wonder what is the longest period of time a CD girl can stay away from dressing up en femme ?

I'm now effectively off all CD activities since 2 years ago. 20 months to be precise. I did this by various means to discourage my urge and that's very very tough work. The urge and the thoughts are always there, just that I am finding ways to suppress it.

Could you share your experience ? What's your longest stint of being away from CD acts (ie in public or private, even putting on one item counts). Thanks

Paige62
05-25-2014, 10:22 PM
Hi Jessica for me it was about 8 years i hadnt dressed for but when i started again the feelings were intensified and needed to dress more and more now i need to dress as often as i can which still isnt enough as i would like some times i just need some lingerie on to feel better xxxx
Hugs love and kisses Paige

GenieGirl
05-25-2014, 10:42 PM
Probably about 4 years....but in the last 3 years its been pretty much a weekly thing for me and I'm happier with that :)

heatherdress
05-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Jessica - I think it would vary depending upon each individual and their situation. Sometimes I have the urge to suppress my desire to crossdress - and it lasts a minute or two. I dress every day and enjoy being me.

I hope you are happy suppressing your crossdressing desires but wonder why are you asking this question?

Good luck to you, whether you dress or not dress. Enjoy life and live it to the fullest.

PaulaQ
05-26-2014, 12:03 AM
17 years.

Michelle789
05-26-2014, 12:05 AM
I think it depends on the individual. I've heard people stay way from CDing for 10 or 20 years before going back, which is rare to go that long, and others who can't go more than a few days without dressing. I find that my dressing progressed over the years.

I'm living this week (5/23 to 6/1) fully en femme. I otherwise live all my nights and weekends en femme, basically I'm working towards going 128 excluding AA meetings, and eventually towards going full time.

Prior to 2/7/2014 when I first ventured outside the house en femme, I basically couldn't go more than 3 days without CDing at least partially, and going to visit my family and having to go 7-10 days without CDing was hell (well visiting my family is stressful to begin with). It has been this way since I was 22 and got my own apartment. My desire to dress increased since I stopped drinking almost 7 years ago.

I went four years without CDing in college, but I had roommates, and still had frequent urged to CD.

Prior to college, I CD'ed from 13 to 17 whenever no one was home. As a teenager, I took what I could get without getting caught, which might include gaps of several months of no dressing.

Prior to 13, I still wished I could wear women's clothes. I was jealous of girls and wished I could dress like them and be them as far back as 3rd grade. I frequently wished my parents would buy me girl's clothes but felt too shy to ever voice that to them.

Oh yeah, I announced to my parents at the age of 5 that I really was a girl, and they made it very clear to me that I'm not a girl.

So, yeah, I must really be a girl trapped in a guy's body, and I knew all along, but repressed it to make my family happy, and used CDing as an outlet.

By this logic, I'm not really cross-dressing when I dress as a girl. I cross-dress when I dress as a guy, and I hope to purge in the near future.

jaye_cd
05-26-2014, 12:33 AM
When I got married, I stopped for about the first 5 years. Then the urges came back and I came out to my wife and started dressing again.

jessica wai
05-26-2014, 12:43 AM
I hope you are happy suppressing your crossdressing desires but wonder why are you asking this question?

I just want to know how long will one typically last in a situation similar to mine.

I usually CD every 9-12 months, when I go for long trips out of town.
To me, I need to spend at least 4 - 5 days fully en femme 24/7 before I feel I have actually "done it".

2 years ago, I opt to control my urges (which are present daily) to live, act and dress as a woman.
I just want to know if I could last longer.

BTW, my reason for stopping is that I believe (at least in my case), if I continue to dress regularly for a week at a time, I would eventually build up my urge to a point of no return. By then, I believe I would need to dress 24/7 and eventually, I might even contemplate hormones, transition etc. To me, I don't think thats is a good path to take (although I fully endorse and admire those other girls who make this path).

Thanks for the comments. I hope more girls will share their views.

Beverley Sims
05-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Jessica,
I have gone two to three months without dressing.
I think you could dress more regularly and be more happy by dressing for short periods weekly.
This is more likely to satisfy your desires than going for such a long time.
It would not necessarily lead you to want to transition.

abby054
05-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Ten years.

Teresa
05-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Jessica it depends what Cding means to you ? Mine was sexual even if I was in a relationship so I could not go years, I struggled to go days and still do !
I'm afraid I can't see the point to your question, what are you trying to prove ? If you've accepted it that you are a CDer why do want to prove you can suppress it ?

Engendered
05-26-2014, 09:31 AM
11 days when I was on vacation to the USA back in 2009. Apart from that, I'd be surprised if it ever reached even 2 days.

Adriana Moretti
05-26-2014, 09:47 AM
For me it was 7 years..and that was NOT by choice..I lost my car, then my job, then my apt and life went downhill ( no pity party here) It took a while to get back on my feet again and when I did I lost my femme figure and put on over 40 pounds from eating. Then i wanted to dress, but knew i diddnt look the same and would hate myself if i looked in the mirror, so i surpressed it and tried to be a guy. That obviously diddnt work...but it took me a while to get up the motivation to get back to the ( old me ) we all know how hard it is to get yourself to the gym....40 pounds lost ..im back and not planning on going anywhere. Girls can lie to themselves all they want, supress dressing...its always going to be there. In Oct of last year I told myself " that's it..this is me..and im going to do it, and have fun and enjoy the rest of my life....

bimini1
05-26-2014, 10:33 AM
I first CD'd at 3 years old. Then it took off when I was 10 going on 11. Since that time the longest time off was when I went away to college at 18. I didn't regularly CD again until three years into college when I started spending a lot of time in my girlfriends off campus apartment. Like kid in candy store. After while the guilt got me and I told her about it. First person I ever told. She was cool with it. Before that, during the hiatus I rarely even thought about it until I came home for holiday visits and I would drift into it again during those times.

Once I got out of college I attempted to suppress it at the behest of my mother, who found my stash and burned it. I had some other things going on at that time too, substance abuse that I think was tied up in the CDing. I was not able to suppress it any more than about a month. The urges would get stronger and stronger until I would fall off the wagon.

Today if I go any more than several days without it I start getting body aches, withdrawal symptoms. I am sure that with no constrictions like family life, my role as a father, etc. it would be a daily thing that might very well consume me. So that is probably a good thing. However, I too am now at a point where life is too short not to be me. I don't want to go to the grave not having explored, attempted to understand and thoroughly examined who I am.

samanthasolo
05-26-2014, 10:49 AM
I couldn't even give an estimated answer. It is never as if I avoid or stay away, it is more of the times that life doesn't afford me the opportunity. During extended non voluntary stints of non CDing I can honestly say is I frequently think about when the next time will be that I can!

Barbara Dugan
05-26-2014, 01:00 PM
the longest its been a month, the time I was without power because of the Hurricane that hit Town

5150 Girl
05-26-2014, 01:15 PM
IF I go more than a week without going all out, I start suffering withdraw symptoms. So called "under dressing" is a daily thing, so little help there...

Sabrina133
05-26-2014, 02:02 PM
I didn't dress for the entire 4 years i was in college but boy howdy did i think about it. When i graduated, i didn't dress again right away but when i did start...the urge/need came back with a vengeance and i've never been able to, nor have had i a desire to stop.

Alice Torn
05-26-2014, 02:25 PM
I first sneaked into my sister and mom's clothes about age 14, did that for a month or two. Then I ws told to go to a shrink, even though teh parents did not mentiont the dressing. I joined the Air Force, did not think much about it at all, and reallyy did not try on any thing, until about age 40, would quickly feel guilty, and stop. Then, age 51 seeing a dress in a thrift store, the fog hit, and i worked up the guts to buy it. Have not stopped , but had some periods homeless, and staying with other people, like three months, where i did not dress, other than a few pantyhose try ons. Sometimes, i find, it is good to beat back the pink fog, and be busied with constructive projects, or the pink fog can take over, and i get myself in a mess.

Confucius
05-26-2014, 02:32 PM
I started cross-dressing when I was 3-4 years old. There were several times when I had to stop, like when I lived in a college dormitory, job changes, getting married, etc. The biggy was when we started having children. When my oldest was 3 years old my wife set the rules. I could do no longer cross-dress while we were raising our kids. So I went 20 years without cross-dressing. By that time our kids were away in college and my cross-dressing resumed. I tell my wife that I do live within her boundaries, and I am capable of controlling myself.

Richelle423
05-26-2014, 02:55 PM
I don't go all out ie make-up and wig but I underdress everyday. So I can say I am dressed somehow except when I'm in the the shower.

Hell on Heels
05-26-2014, 04:01 PM
I have had a 12 year period of non-dressing, A new job, and a little facial hair, went a long way to suppressing the urges, although they never completely left, but they were certainly less common.
When I finally did give in to them though, it was like I had continued all along, my desires came back full force, and the natural progression of taking it a step further took a giant leap. Making up for the lost time quickly I guess.
So be prepared Jessica, If so many of us share common experiences, you too could be setting yourself up for that giant leap forward.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Talisker
05-26-2014, 06:07 PM
Jessica - To me this is like asking how long is a piece of string. It can go from zero to infinity.
Does spending that time and effort really make you happier than CDing every so often?
Then when you CD again, which i would bet on given your visiting this CD site, you may feel guilty from 'failure' to stop.

Kevyn53
05-26-2014, 06:54 PM
The first time, from trying on mom's bathing suit to actually doing something about my urges, 40 years. After that I'd try to dress and it would be about once every four or five years. Since I came out to my wife, it's about every two or three weeks.

BLUE ORCHID
05-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Hi Jessica, For me 24:Hrs seams like a lifetime.

suchacutie
05-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Well, "avoid" may be the wrong word. I've had living situations that have prohibited Tina from visiting. The longest was 8 months, and then she had a week of visiting every day. Then there was 3 months, and in about a week Tina will be free to visit any day again.

But not dressing doesn't mean Tina has ceased to exist. She wasn't trying to disappear, was was just biding her time, and her time is coming! But even in male mode, my wife has already to prepare to bring Tina along when we next go shopping...:)

RobynC
05-26-2014, 07:50 PM
Mine was 3 years, one of my purge events when I was married. Everything I had up to that point got donated to a local thrift shop before I moved in with her. My wife was a big woman and I could have fit in anything she had. Most of the time she was home or her kids and we took care of 2 mentally challenged women. No more then a few days later after we separated, I was already looking at items to buy. Happily single now and no more purging myself.

Lola
05-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi gurls .... well i have been xd since i was 15.... the longest i have not dresseed i a month..... it has been a challenged not getting caught but so far so good ....

Gailmiles
05-27-2014, 01:13 PM
does under dress count? went 18 years during marriage. did do panties from time to time under drab. with in the last year was 5 days while my kids stayed with me.

Renee Elise
05-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Went about ten years after college...just wasn't good opportunities. Started acquiring a sexy wardrobe recently when I bought a new place and had room for my femme twin :).

LovelyGeek
05-30-2014, 12:04 AM
the longest for me was between either ages 15 or 16 until 26. so...... 10 or 11 years. I recently started again - I am finally comfortable with me being me and luckily my wife accepts me as me too :-)

jessica wai
05-30-2014, 02:38 AM
I would if there are people who have stopped for decades, then after breaking the "abstinence" and doing it once, ended up having to do it regularly and could not stop the urge ??

Charla McBee
05-30-2014, 04:19 AM
Most recently I went from the 14th until right now although for that entire length of time my toe nails have been pink. :battingeyelashes: Longest ever without doing anything at all would be several months following two big moves with my family. I wasn't out to anyone either time nor was I prepared to discuss it so both times were effectively forced purges of my entire wardrobe.

That last one made me go completely nuts to the point that ended up on this site and got encouragement to go out and buy myself new clothes right in my own town. The need to dress temporarily drove me beyond the immense fear I still have of public perception.

Bryanne
05-30-2014, 06:55 PM
Eight years and three months, and then right back into it with a vengeance.

KimberlyJean
05-30-2014, 09:42 PM
The 90's were easy not to dress. I was busy and fashion was terrible.

abby054
05-30-2014, 09:51 PM
The 90's were easy not to dress. I was busy and fashion was terrible.

So were the 70s. There is no excuse for retro 70s fashion.

Michelle (Oz)
05-31-2014, 03:38 AM
I lasted almost four years after my second wife left me "for a real man" but during that time I had absolutely no interest in CDing. Just didn't enter my head.

Two years ago the desire returned with a vengeance. Now a long time not venturing out dressed is 2 days - that's the weekend when my wife expects her husband.

Krisi
05-31-2014, 05:20 AM
I'm sure there are men who stopped crossdressing and never started back. You're just not going to hear from them on a crossdressing web forum.

And if your goal is to stop for good, my advice is to stop reading and posting on crossdressing forums.

bimini1
05-31-2014, 04:33 PM
I started cross-dressing when I was 3-4 years old. There were several times when I had to stop, like when I lived in a college dormitory, job changes, getting married, etc. The biggy was when we started having children. When my oldest was 3 years old my wife set the rules. I could do no longer cross-dress while we were raising our kids. So I went 20 years without cross-dressing. By that time our kids were away in college and my cross-dressing resumed. I tell my wife that I do live within her boundaries, and I am capable of controlling myself.

I feel you on this. My daughter is 3 now, but I'm 49. The frequency is certainly going to change in the coming years. Exactly how I don't know but for me family has to be first. This may mean more dressing out and away from home. I never thought I'd be able to give it up for good but sometimes I look into this little girl's eyes and confidently believe I could do it for her.

CarlaWestin
05-31-2014, 05:35 PM
Again, I'm with Teresa on this one. What's the point? When you're not physically dressing, You're crossdressing in your mind. I think lately the longest time I've physically not CD'ed is 4 minutes. Panties off, jump in the shower, fresh panties, clothes, off to work.

Melissa_59
05-31-2014, 07:51 PM
I went almost three years at one point, and at the end of that I was so frustrated, angry, and upset that I spent a lot of time "self medicating" (read: Drunk) to try to deal with the feelings. I finally gave up and stopped trying to kill myself with booze and went back to dressing.

Dressing won't cost me my liver.

~Mel

Jenny Heals
05-31-2014, 10:20 PM
I have been cross dressing on some level for close to20 years, i think I went 3 or 4 months once without dressing

Velocity
06-03-2014, 08:26 AM
I went over 2 years without dressing once. Since then the urges come and go and I may go several months without even thinking about it.

lovetobedani
06-03-2014, 12:47 PM
I went about ten years one time but never stopped thinking about it. There's just something about what feels more normal to me and all the different options out there for us is unbelievable.