PDA

View Full Version : Military Members and Veterans Who Crossdress - Thank You

heatherdress
05-25-2014, 11:32 PM
Fortunately, gay men and women may now serve openly in most of our military forces. Not so, for those of us who are transsexual, those who crossdress. Today is Memorial Day in the US, a national holiday. There have been many discussions on this site addressing difficulties military members and veterans who crossdress have faced. It is only fitting that we simply thank them on this holiday weekend, for their service. Many have given their lives, or have been seriously injured. Many have been discriminated against. Too bad - hopefully some day ignorance and prejudice will not be tolerated. Thank you for all who serve or who have served. To all who have a long holiday weekend, enjoy Memorial Day and remember its significance.

Beverley Sims
05-26-2014, 01:09 AM
There are a great deal of those that dress in the service, I remember a couple of mock weddings I organised and there were a lot of unit members dressed too well to be comical, they looked fantastic.

Nobody ever told anyone else and the beans were never spilt.

For now, remember those that gave their lives that what Memorial day is about.

Persephone
05-26-2014, 01:30 AM
Amen!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Sabrina133
05-26-2014, 07:10 AM
As a former Soldier, I say thank you. Yes, the principal reason i resigned my commission was because of the fact that i was a devoted cross dresser. I knew that if ever caught, the consequences would be dire.

i very much hope that changes within the next few years. Way too many very good folks still serving who live in fear everyday.

Donnagirl
05-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Two armies, one navy two countries... Amen!!!

docrobbysherry
05-26-2014, 05:18 PM
And, have only contempt for our adventurer "leaders" in Washington who casually squander our countries wealth and resources on pointless "wars", "conflicts", and "anti terrorist" actions in far away places we have no business being in in the first place. In some cases creating more dislike for our country than good will.

I think sending our young men and women to be injured and killed in craphole countries most Americans can't even point to on a world map is SHAMEFUL!

I'm an Army vet from Viet Nam. My daughter and I went to Memorial Day services to remember those who r no longer with us. I will never forget the friends I lost and my heart goes out to all of who have lost a friend or loved one!

Sheren Kelly
05-26-2014, 05:34 PM
This is a day to remember all those who gave all of their tomorrows so that we can enjoy our todays. And I am certain that of those, there were a significant number from our community who remained hidden defending those who would have ridiculed them had their truth been known.

Sherry,
I hear what you are saying. I only wish it were a requirement that anyone who can send troops to war have at least one family member in service.