PDA

View Full Version : "Bill's New Frock" short film

Aileen
01-15-2006, 04:42 PM
The download link is at the bottom right hand corner. Worth the wait.

http://www.jcfilms.co.uk/billsnewfrock.htm

Julie York
01-15-2006, 06:02 PM
I read that book before I understood a bit more about myself and it actually made me feel ill.

Deborah_UK
01-15-2006, 06:32 PM
why's he wearing football boots?

Rachel Morley
01-15-2006, 07:03 PM
why's he wearing football boots?

Yeah. I wondered about that too. If his Mum wanted him to wear a nice dress to school you'd of thought she would of found him some nice shoes to wear too. He didn't even get to use those football boots to get the penny chew.

Interesting film though all the same. :)

Helen MC
01-15-2006, 07:07 PM
For some reason the maker of the film is not now supplying the CD.

closet joanne
01-15-2006, 07:54 PM
wow... that film is great. if only my mum had sent me to school in a frock... or not- maybe that would cause more damage than good. anyway, it's a nice idea, and for a short film very well done; even if the football boots are something of a mystery!

Helen MC
01-16-2006, 02:31 AM
Ok, this was for a "political" reason not because he was a TV, but he looks very convincing as a girl.

I have to say that now that in most UK Secondary Schools girls have the choice of wearing trousers or a skirt in the school uniform colour (mainly to satisfy Islamics who do not permit their girls to have their legs visible but an option available to all girls) would a Boy who wanted to wear a similar skirt instead of trosuers be allowed or sent home?

From BBC News Website

Schoolboy wears skirt to college

Ed says his school's uniform policy is sexist and outdated
A boy from East Sussex has worn a skirt to college because he thinks rules regarding school uniforms are sexist.
Ed Ellson, 15, a student at Ringmer Community College in Lewes, wore the skirt after receiving a letter about a uniform clampdown at his school.

He said the rules regarding clothing allowed for girls were outdated.

Concerned he would be a distraction, the school made Ed sit an exam on his own but his mother Alison said she was proud of her son for taking a stand.

Ed said: "We received a letter from the school saying trousers or, for girls, skirts, and it made me think, why not boys, so I wore one. But then I was told it wasn't allowed."

Ed has collected more than 100 signatures in support of his actions

His mother, whose skirt he borrowed, said: "He did a lot of research on the internet and he has thought this through very well.

"All credit to the school that they have educated Ed in such a way that he is able to look at issues in such an intelligent way."

A spokesman for the school said Ed had been told that, rather than wear a skirt, he should take up the issue with the student council or school governors.

It also made him sit an exam in isolation to prevent him from distracting other students.

Ed, who has collected more than 100 signatures in support of his actions, said he intends to continue wearing a skirt.

Ms. Donna
01-16-2006, 06:46 AM
Interesting short film - thanks for the link.

Anyone interested in reading a bit more on this should have a look at these books:

Gender Play - Girls and Boys in School (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0813519233/qid=1137411433/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-2558304-0995850?s=books&v=glance&n=283155) by Barrie Thorne (published by Rutgers University Press)

Gender Development (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0521408628/qid=1137411520/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/103-2558304-0995850?s=books&v=glance&n=283155) by Susan Golombok and Robyn Fivush (published by Cambridge University Press)

Love & Stuff,
Donna

eleventhdr
01-16-2006, 11:10 AM
This is a very cute little film i quite enjoyed it> Although i do quite agree with them naything but pink just maybe I myself have always perferd blue but pink could be very nice on occasions maybe to begin a new life as this boy did find himself in if and only for one day. If and when i was to wake up and find i had become a girl like he did i don't think i would hide the fact like he did although it might be confusing at the very frist one could and would adjust and accept what had come about being a girl is not all that bad I ahve been one in past lifes and will be yet again being a girl is not like that really all bad it can nad would be fun in a lot of way. And who says girls can not get dirty they can play as best they do want to and still enjoy being girls. I kind of wish that might have happpened to me when i was very young like that then stuff might have been very different oh well One of these day's who know's you just might wake up and find you ahve become jsut like this and then!? Well I think most ever boy has wondered what it might be like to wake up and discover you are a girl. In fact there was a film over here a few years back about just the oppisoite a girl who made a wish to be a boy on a star a woke up just like that she finally realized that being a girl was not that bad and so in the end she become one again and never regreted it. Once a girl always a girl!. Suzy The Doctor Eleventh!.