PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Advice Please

ajlove
05-28-2014, 02:03 PM
I recently bought a female mask and after some adaptions to fit my head and around the eyes I think it looks pretty good - the photo has been edited to soften and enhance.

However, I've had comments that I look like a 'blow-up doll' and mannequin-like.

Does anyone have any helpful advice or tips on how I can improve the look? Is it just an inherent problem with any type of latex mask...it will never be flesh like! Is it the hair style/colour! The eyes! Nose! Mouth!

Many thanks

Shirley Anne
05-28-2014, 02:10 PM
I think it just inherrent with any type of latex mask there allways going to look false, better of learning some good make up techniques its quite amazing what transformations can be acheived

femaletrouble
05-28-2014, 02:12 PM
hi ajlove i carnt dispense any advice but from the pic it looks awsome, even if a bit of camera trickery was involved

Teresa
05-28-2014, 02:13 PM
I guess form the pic they look too perfect, not a crease or wrinkle.
May I ask why you choose to wear a mask when your figure looks so good ?

Chari
05-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Masks are OK Ajlove, but IMO they can become warm to wear & do not show facial expressions especially around the eye and mouth areas! BTW how do you smile wearing a mask? Please consider doing makeup on your own skin. It may take some time and a lot of practice, but it will give you a more natural facial appearance. Enjoy.

Beverley Sims
05-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Masks hide the face and also facial expressions.
Unless you have a very hard pitted face I think makeup is a better way to go.

Masks may be good for photography but not so in real life.
Those who wear masks in real life because of facial disfigurement and severe burns sometimes feel that they are more comfortable without them.

Looking at you it is the expressionless eyes that attract my attention

Tracii G
05-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Seems easier just to apply make up.
I'm sure there are reasons people do prefer a mask.

Wildaboutheels
05-28-2014, 03:37 PM
Do you know we can have as many as 43 muscles in our face alone? Maybe mimes and a few actors and actresses can hold a straight face but it's simply not normal to see a face that does not change expression.

"However, I've had comments that I look like a 'blow-up doll' and mannequin-like."

Clearly you have CHOSEN to interact with folks while dressed. I don't think there IS a way to get around people realizing it IS a mask unless it is one that will allow facial expressions.

Masks are clearly best suited for taking pictures. We have a mask "expert" here that should be along shortly and offer his input. Not sure if we are allowed to give names?

heatherdress
05-28-2014, 10:52 PM
It will never look real or as beautiful as your own face. But it looks sexy and mysterious. Have fun with it. You look great.

Lynn Marie
05-29-2014, 12:52 AM
If you are wearing a mask so you can publish pictures of yourself, you're sort of missing the point. A picture without a face is just clothes. It's not you, so what have you achieved? Other CDs have tried similar stuff over the years with the same unsatisfactory results. Paint your face like the rest of us.