PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Makeup!!!

shawnsheila
05-29-2014, 10:17 AM
Hey girls,
My background is in technology and I have been doing some research on how to help us gals visualize our femme selves and practice/plan our makeup for those time we want to go out and live it up or just stay in and enjoy our femme time to ourselves. I was looking at either putting together a list of sites or even eventually putting together a virtual "dressing room" for us gals to try on clothes, hair and makeup before we spend out hard earned cash on somethign that may not look or fit right, or just have fun experimenting (we all can't look like 19 year old bombshells but we can try are best ;) )

Here is one I was playing around with... its actually pretty good as long as you have decent lighting when you snap a pic of your face :)

Virtual Makeup by Cover Girl
http://www.covergirlfablab.com/steps/try_on

Virtual fitting room
(this one would be nice if more features were freely available but yo have to sign up to play with it. You can create your own models but I did not see if we could upload our own photos to help us visualize but you can plug your measurements into the model creation to at least help with fittings)

Here is one from Fitnect (but you need a Kinect to use it and some decent tech skills to set it all up)
Sample vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jbvnk1T4vQ

So I just wanted to share some of this with you gals and help some fellow sisters out :) I may try my hand at putting something together (a whole package thing) to help both GGs and us gals try hairstyles, makeup and clothing, virtually with our actual selves instead of models :)

Donna June
05-29-2014, 12:01 PM
Sounds like fun, gotta try 'em

Katey888
05-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Good find! :)

The covergirlfab link is fun... gosh, I could while away hours messing with that... the only good or bad news is that I can't buy all of the products used just by a single mouse click, thanks to not being in the US.... Good or bad...? :thinking:

Other aspects would be fun to model, but is it as much fun as the real thing...?

Will we have to have a separate section for virtual CDers who never even dress...? :eek:

I suppose this is progress... :)

Good post, Sheila - thanks for sharing it - do let us know if it goes further...

Katey x

Hell on Heels
05-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Hell-o Sheila, Fun stuff, It's cool to see the effects of the different tones when they are applied to the model, and can give you an idea of what can be achieved, I didn't try it with my own photo, like Katie, I would be sucked in for hours playing with it.
Hands on training always works best for me.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Beverley Sims
05-29-2014, 03:10 PM
Sheila,
I like to return to twenty now and then too.

The Cover Girl site helps.

Erica Marie
05-29-2014, 05:37 PM
I know there are a few different ones out there. A few for make up and a few that will allow you to try different hair styles. I think a list for easy access would be great.

Ginger Jameson
05-29-2014, 05:42 PM
The Fitnect looked amazing. I'll definitely be trying that out. Their installation instructions (http://www.fitnect.hu/download/) looked fairly in depth, so that will be a weekend project for me. If I can get it working and figure out how to capture video on my xbox I'll do a video similar to the one on youtube but probably more real since I'm not a paid model. ;)

shawnsheila
05-30-2014, 12:48 AM
No problem ladies :) I'll work on putting together a more robust list :)

BLUE ORCHID
05-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi Sheila, That is very interesting.

jackie_p
05-30-2014, 10:25 PM
One of my favorites is taaz.com since it allows you to try different hairstyles as well.

Nadia Pinky
06-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Nice website I like it
http://www.covergirlfablab.com

make us learn how to do make up to ourselves :)

AshleyT
06-09-2014, 08:17 AM
nice site very help full to try on new looks

lovetobedani
06-09-2014, 04:44 PM
A very fun site.

darla_g
06-09-2014, 04:57 PM
if you do a search you will find there are a bunch of threads like this with discovery of these types of services. My favorite not mentioned here is www.taaz.com