PDA

View Full Version : The bad and the good

sara_also
01-15-2006, 06:10 PM
I will start with the bad. One of our neighbors has gotten ill, he lives with his uncle who is quite elderly. They moved to our neighborhood after his elderly uncle lost his wife a few years ago. They must now move back to the midwest with the rest of the family, as he can no longer help his uncle.
Now to the good news (for me at least) They are puting a lot of stuff on the curb for the trash men. My wife rescued some containers that had two jewelry boxes full of beautiful antique clip on and screw back ear rings, with matching necklesses, and bracelets. Also some very nice rings.
I feel like a kid in a candy store. We don't know if any of them have any great value but I certainly will try to put them to good use.
We do have compasion for them, but we cannot see letting all of this go to the landfill.
Sara

AprilMae
01-15-2006, 06:19 PM
One man's trash is another man's treasure. I bet the wife is smiling knowing that someone will enjoy them.

Helen MC
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Perhaps you could help them in some way to give them a going away gift especially if they have been good neighbours.

Joanne08
01-15-2006, 06:51 PM
I absolutely love to find treasures like what you discovered. Too bad that it is at the expense of your neighbor's demise. If there is any way you could let them know that these things are appreciated it might make them happy.

Post a pic with fav earings of the bunch!

Love, Jo

DonnaT
01-17-2006, 01:43 PM
I got a bunch of jewelry is a similar manner.

My in-laws had been taking care of the neighbor, and when she passed on, they had the task of cleaning out her house. They found money stuffed in books and jewelry everywhere.

They sent the jewelry to my wife, who in turn gave it to me because she didn't want anything to do with it.