PDA

View Full Version : Note to self

RachelCross
05-29-2014, 10:42 PM
When packing away everything before family comes home, make sure to NOT pack away your cell phone!! :o Geez!! Luckily, after not being able to find it, I guessed where it was and found it without anyone being the wiser. Has this happened to anyone else?

Eryn
05-30-2014, 12:07 AM
At least you can have someone call it and follow your ears!

I had a friend who lost her phone at a RV campout. I must have dialed it 20 times before I heard a faint whirring coming from her bed. The phone had slipped between the bedding and the side of the vehicle and came to rest on the floor inside the pedestal of the bed. The whirring was the phone vibrating. If she had folded the bed it would have still remained hidden inside the pedestal and would probably have never been found.

Another thing to remember is that alarms usually go off loud even if the phone's ringer is on vibrate. If you remember the alarm time you have another shot at finding a lost phone, if the battery lasts that long.

Andy66
05-30-2014, 12:34 AM
I found a phone under the driver seat of a rental car once. It belonged to an employee of the rental company.

Teresa
05-30-2014, 06:03 AM
Nothing to do with CDing but I was working on the car under the bonnet (hood ! ) and put the cordless phone in the gully where the bonnet fits ! Job done, forget the phone, shut the bonnet ! Bit hard to shut ! Then the phone starts to ring ! The problem is the bonnet release is under too much tension to release ! Then the release handle comes off in my hand ! OH **** !! Eventually got it all sorted when someone pressed hard on the bonnet while I pulled the repaired release handle .
I can thoroughly recommend Panasonic cordless phones they work even after being crushed !!
I have left the cordless phone in some incriminating places and pressed the intercom function to track it down !

BOBBI G.
05-30-2014, 06:39 AM
For me the cell phone is a necessary evil. At home, I set it down where ever I may think of it and can't find it later. Have to use my trusty home phone to call myself to find it. Hence, the reason my cards say call home phone first.

Bobbi

BLUE ORCHID
05-30-2014, 07:00 AM
Hi Rachel, That's the reason that I never turn my phone off.

RachelCross
05-30-2014, 08:59 AM
Teresa, what a story! I am due for a new phone and NO MORE BLACK phones!! They are a pain to find!! I wonder if I could get a pink phone? May be a bit hard to explain in drab, but it'll be perfect in femme!! Decisions, decisions...

Beverley Sims
05-30-2014, 12:46 PM
That only happens to me when I travel.
Usually it is in my luggage.
Once it rang when the TSA were checking my take on luggage.
They asked me to turn it off if I was not using it.

Oops!
At least they found it for me.

DonnaT
05-30-2014, 01:28 PM
I wonder if I could get a pink phone?
Depends on the seller, usually, but they do sell phone covers of various colors and design.

CynthiaD
05-30-2014, 08:16 PM
... I wonder if I could get a pink phone? May be a bit hard to explain in drab, but it'll be perfect in femme!! Decisions, decisions...

I've had a pink phone cover for years. I (almost) never lose it, and I never explain it. If somebody chuckles about it, I turn it over and show them the embroidery on the back, saying proudly, "I did this embroidery myself!" That always shuts them up.

valerieg
05-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Rachel,

Don't bother explaining anything. I carry a nice big Android phone at all times in drab and use a pink Incipio case. I was kind of disappointed when it arrived and I saw that it wasn't a brighter pink.

"Why do you have a pink phone case?"
"Because I like it".

Sometimes Steffi
05-30-2014, 09:45 PM
I haven't lost my cell phone upon return to guy mode, but I often forget to remove everything from my handbag, like my ID or credit card. I used to spend days trying to find them until I realized that there was always stuff in mt handbag that got forgotten.