PDA

View Full Version : Outed to everyone

claire_hollinger
05-30-2014, 02:02 PM
So recently, my wife and I had a guy friend of mine staying with us for a few weeks while he left his gf and got on his own feet. Long story short, she told him one night. He held on to that information until he got caught playing us against each other and he left. Then he began texting everyone he knew that we knew to tell them. Luckily, my wife is denying it, and one of my oldest friends (i told him last year even though i thought he would be the worst to deal with) is laughing off all suggestions of that sort. Now, I don't care if anyone and everyone knows, but I have children that i don't want to make life harder for. They are boys going into middle school, and kids can be so cruel these days.

Paige62
05-30-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi Claire
sounds like this guy is a jackass you helped him out and this is how he repays the kindness you showed him hopefully people will move on to talk about something else soon xxxx
hugs love and kisses Paige x

Lizzy66
05-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Hi Claire, I am so sorry, you do not need people like that in your life any ways. I know I would want to curl up in a ball and disappear if that happened to me.

pennitkr
05-30-2014, 02:50 PM
Claire,
We all have known/or dealt with that guy!!!
Hold your head high and let Karma repay him for all his "kindness"

Huggs
Penni

Katey888
05-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Claire - you have to think of your kids, and it's good that you do... :)

I guess that proves the long repeated adage about you having no control over that information once it's been released - take care who you (or in this case your wife..) tells in the future...

Karma will hunt him down and make him pay... I hope... :devil:

Katey x

janetcgtv
05-30-2014, 06:49 PM
Claire:
I'm sorry you were outed and he sees "what comes around comes around" happen to him.
The ancient Greeks had an expression "when the rain has fallen nothing can put it back in the sky again".
I hope that you have a lot of family and friends supporting you and are helping you deal with this.

BLUE ORCHID
05-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Hi Claire, I really don't think that he was much of a friend.

giuseppina
05-30-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm saddened to hear that, Claire. We only have one side of the story, but I would be inclined to break all contact from somebody like him.

I agree that children can be very cruel. IMHO part of a parent's job is teaching their children healthy coping skills in the face of adversity. It's up to you, of course, but perhaps it would be a good idea to use this clown as a teaching moment and warn them about what may happen so they have some time to prepare for any onslaught.

Good riddance to his ex-GF. She deserves better.

Beverley Sims
05-30-2014, 09:27 PM
If you don't want out don't share.

Ally 2112
05-31-2014, 09:11 AM
Glad to see your wife is on your side it can make all the difference :)

Renee Elise
05-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Ugh what an a-hole...wonderful that your wife backed you up. She would very likely help you manage thru any difficulty with the kids too. On the bright side you know where your other friends' loyalty is.

Majella St Gerard
05-31-2014, 10:05 AM
No good deed goes unpunished, live and learn.

Tracii G
05-31-2014, 10:31 AM
He would no longer be a friend.

Stephanie47
05-31-2014, 10:33 AM
Why did your wife share your mutual secret with him? I'm glad she will deny everything. I hope she has learned not to share such intimate details of your life.

abby054
05-31-2014, 12:39 PM
Karma will hunt him down and make him pay... I hope... :devil:

Katey x

"He who repays evil for good, evil will never depart from his house." -- King Solomon

paulaprimo
05-31-2014, 12:49 PM
people need to mind their own business...karma works in strange ways!!
i do wish you the best :)

KittyD
05-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Hey Claire :)
Dudes a fool move on...! Surround yourself with positive people - sometimes we have to fight fire with fire!
HuGs

KD

Stevie
05-31-2014, 04:59 PM
Sorry to hear that. You take him in and that was how he repaid you. Even if you were hard on him living there with you all he still should respect you and be grateful you helped him out. He is not a friend.

Taylor Ray
05-31-2014, 11:01 PM
Thank you for sharing your cautionary tale. I have "almost" told about 10 people the last year. I'm glad I didn't though, because life has its ups and downs and when people feel emotionally deprived they unconsciously feed off of gossip and judgment to lift themselves up.

Even the ones we think never would...

Kate T
05-31-2014, 11:05 PM
a guy friend

I assume EX - guy friend!

ScarlettLox
05-31-2014, 11:14 PM
Thats really messed up, i am so sorry that happened

ChristinaK
05-31-2014, 11:35 PM
Claire,

You look wonderful in your avatar pic!

I'm very sorry to hear of your dilemma and I hope it works out well for you. For those of us that have SO's that know, it's always a question mark about who they will tell, or if at all. I'm sure your wife feels bad about it and is backing you up. Yeah, not much of a friend you had there. Too bad, betrayal always hurts.

Some of us live the life of secret agents, don't we? Too bad the world is the way it is.

Jane G
06-01-2014, 12:20 AM
Ditch him and move on. Without verification people will giggle, at the apparent joke, then move on to the next interesting snippet of gossip their lives. They will of course also store it away, so once bitten and all that. On the kids side of things, they will almost certainly have no problems with it, when they eventualy are told or find out. But like you they may have some AH friends too.

Michelle789
06-01-2014, 12:55 AM
Claire,

I'm sorry this happened to you. It sounds like this guy is a Class A Jackass. You and your wife were kind enough to give him a place to stay while he was homeless and getting back on his feet, and he has the nerve to

1. Play you and your wife against each other
2. Out you to all your friends

I think he did his gf an HUGE favor by leaving her. It sounds like this guy is a major loser, and doesn't deserve to have a girlfriend, or any friends for that matter.

I'm glad your wife is denying it. I hope everyone giggles and laughs, at HIM, your ex-friend, as he makes a complete fool out of himself.

If I'm going to sound more spiritual about this, then everything he did to you and your wife is all about him. It's a reflection of his inner turmoil.

vikki2020
06-01-2014, 12:20 PM
What a jerk. The things is--sounds like he is the type that will need help AGAIN, in the future, and he will then know he burned that bridge to someone he could go to. Hang in there Claire---we always assume the worst in these situations, and I'll bet it won't be that bad.

Farrah
06-01-2014, 12:22 PM
That's awful!...I hope it will die down soon!

lingerieLiz
06-01-2014, 10:48 PM
If anyone mentions it just say, "You know he asked me about putting on women's clothes and I was really surprised. Is he into it?" If they say anything about your dressing simply say that is what he said about you. Maybe he is trying to find someone to share his hobby with. It doesn't bother me if you do. Does it bother you if he does?

Meg East
06-02-2014, 09:15 AM
The guy is a creep and a jackass. Don't worry about his outing you and your family the "squirrel rule" comes into play; people are easily distracted.