PDA

View Full Version : My new response to being ma'amed in dude mode

michelleddg
05-31-2014, 11:12 AM
I consider myself to be quite ordinary looking, but I have been growing my hair for 3 1/2 years. Even though it's tied back at the nape of my neck it's apparently quite a female tell as I get ma'amed fairly regularly in dude mode.

Yesterday, in spite of a one day beard growth, the cashier (60 something guy) at the sporting goods store said "may I help you ma'am...........er, sir". I responded simultaneously in my best basso "I can be anything you want me to be." Situations like this are embarrassing for the instigator so I'm pleased to have found a new go to line to gently take them off the hook. Hugs, Michelle

kimdl93
05-31-2014, 11:14 AM
That was a great response, Michelle!

I Am Paula
05-31-2014, 11:24 AM
When there was still some question in my presentation, I was asked a few times 'boy, or girl?' My favorite answer was 'Which were you looking for?'

candykowal
05-31-2014, 11:30 AM
That's a wonderful problem to have....I can remember those times I was just starting out and thought I was presentable.... only to be called sir...*sigh*
Thank goodness, that isn't happening anymore....

paulaprimo
05-31-2014, 11:52 AM
great story michelle...i always have had very long hair, and i can't tell you how often that has happens to me.
sometimes even more than once in a single day. it use to bother me, but now i kinda enjoy :)
but a few months ago when i was out en femme,
a seemingly nice guy refered to me as "him" (not maliciously), but it did offend me.
after a few minutes, i found myself laughing as i said to myself, in drab mode i get called a ma'am,
and then when i dress up, i get called "him". i then thought i should just stay in drab mode if i look
more like a girl then when i'm dressed. lol its still makes me laugh when i think about it... :)

Beverley Sims
05-31-2014, 01:28 PM
It is fun messing with peoples minds like that and as long as you acknowledge it in a friendly manner no harm is done.

Lizzy66
05-31-2014, 01:43 PM
I will have to try that, if you do not mind borrowing it that is.

Rachel Morley
05-31-2014, 01:54 PM
"I can be anything you want me to be." .... yes, I like that response. These days I dress kinda gender neutral in boy mode but in the past I used to dress in some really quite girly clothes and quite often I got mam'ed (like when a server first comes to your table or a SA looks at you quickly).

Sometimes they do get embarrassed or apologize to you, which is understandable I guess, but unnecessary IMO as I don't want or need an apology for being mistaken for a girl :)

Renee
05-31-2014, 09:22 PM
I work in retail and am always in guy mode there. I am in my 60's and have short balding gray hair. No one knows that I crossdress (at least I dont think they do, lol). After I rang up a lady's purchase and thanked her the other day, she kindly said "you are very welcome and thank you for your help maam." She blushed and said "oh I am so sorry I dont know why I said that." I replied "That is alright, I can be almost anything that I need to be." We both smiled and she went on her way not knowing that she had made my day.