PDA

View Full Version : Needing Advice: How to Dress Even When I'm "Not in the Mood"

Taylor Ray
05-31-2014, 11:55 PM
Seeing as how I have accepted cross dressing as part of my "essential nature", is there any way to facilitate dressing more?

I mean, I wear women's clothes 14 hours a day. During the week, it is usually casual women's sweat pants and a cami. I guess that is how women dress naturally?

Women don't "dress up" every night. I guess many women wear business attire all day, every day?

Fashion wise, what do women wear "most of the time".

I feel that I need to buy more of those type of clothes, because I am not always "in the mood" for a cute dress and hot shoes.

Aspen K
06-01-2014, 01:06 AM
When I dress I just wear clothes that I'm comfortable in. I don't go over the top anymore because to me dressing as a woman has just become a part of everyday life. Nothing wrong with throwing on a pair of sweats after a long day!

Tracii G
06-01-2014, 02:08 AM
Whatever they are comfy in.
You don't have to dress to the nines all the time.
Of course there are the type that don't get to dress very often and they go all out when they get a chance.Some of these girls slam the rest of us that wear casual clothes with out 7 in heels.
For me I wear womens clothes every day so comfy is a plus most of the time.

noeleena
06-01-2014, 02:37 AM
Hi,

Im a working female and would as said get slamed because i dont dress all the time,

I had this talk when i was interviewed for TV Cambell live TVNZ

im a chippy ,= builder,

And was asked what would i wear to work, all womens clothes = shorts boots or sneakers a tee top sunhat and if cold my bib overalls . and then i climbed the ladder to carry on my job working on repare's to the roof i was on.

Now the camara was going of cause and as i looked back at the camara guy i said,
youll not see me dressed in my skirt high heeled shoes and dressed up with you guys looking up my skirt up the ladder, with the camara going.

So yes we had a good laugh ,i give as good as i get,

Okay normal day i wear at home my jean type skirt that is just for working around the house, paint splatered and wearing , a long one a jumper a tee top winter here so a jumper a woole hat or sun hat yes we do have some lovely days, sneakers and pretty much thats it earings and neckless of cause no makeup well dont wear it any way.

my friends know what im like and dont expect me to dress for them ,

Evenings much the same. just as iv said thats how im dressed now, i'll tell you nothing fancy im just a normal female .

...noeleena...

Katey888
06-01-2014, 03:21 AM
Taylor - I think you may be just about to give your credit card it's biggest scare ever if you decide to execute on the " I need to buy more of those type of clothes" part... ;)

How do you identify what women wear most of the time? What women? :) I think there is an unfathomable variety of regular day wear for women.. but likely much of that would not suit or appeal to you or everyone, so if you know what you like, why not just be happy with that and a bit of variety around your style?

For the record, my wife wouldn't be seen dead in sweat pants - nor me either... She almost always goes for smart casual, and trousers mostly - for me at this time of year, I have a cord skater skirt that I relax in now (morning) and change to shorts to be male for the rest of the day...

But I think it all depends on your preference and lifestyle...

Comfy is good during the day! :)

Katey x

Lizzy66
06-01-2014, 05:22 AM
Like Katey said there are many different types of women, and men for that matter, and we all dress differently. Just wear what make you comfy, for me it's jeans and a tee shirt.

WhisperTV
06-01-2014, 05:32 AM
I just bought yoga pants, boyfriend pants, a batch of female t-shirts, a boyfriend shirt, and new PJs from Victoria's Secret, and some sneakers from Amazon.

I love 6 inch heels and stockings, but I don't want to wear them every minute of the day. It's just not practical.

Marcelle
06-01-2014, 05:50 AM
Hi Taylor,

I think you have to go with what you find comfortable to wear when you are feeling "girly". As you stated you don't always feel in the mood for a cute dress and hot shoes, then tone down a bit for a relaxing time (jeans, t-shirt, sandals). I personally tend to dress how I see GGs dress as I am all about the blending. At home it is very similar. If I feel like an Isha night at home it is normally "Isha au natural" as we (my wife and I have dubbed her). So I will wear a pair of shorts, top, sandal (summer obviously), wig but no make-up. This allows me dress a bit more but not have to go through the whole make-up process.

As to what women wear "most of the time" I would just do some people watching. I find this a great way to determine how to dress to blend.

Hugs

Isha

WhisperTV
06-01-2014, 05:57 AM
As an added bonus (at least for me) a lot of these casual clothes can be worn out even if you're not "out". I can wear most of the stuff I just got in public and still "pass" as a guy.

Teresa
06-01-2014, 06:21 AM
Taylor I posted a thread recently about only ones left wearing skirts ! Even around the house a skirt feels overdressed, the majority of GGs wear trousers but I don't get anything out of being mix dressed ! The other problem is shoes, I hate flats but it's not practical to wear heels, I guess wedges are the answer, I must get some.
Katey's idea sounds great, to go from a casual cord skirt to shorts but I still don't know if the wife has noticed my shaved legs !

BLUE ORCHID
06-01-2014, 06:25 AM
Hi Taylor Ray, The best thing about this program is the only rule is , There are no rules.

natcrys
06-01-2014, 06:30 AM
I say.. wear whatever makes you happy. :)

For me personally, the "least" dressed up I will go is smart casual.. something like skinny jeans, top and boots. Always heels though.. because flats aren't for me.

Otherwise, I'll just stick to my boy jeans and t-shirt and sneakers.. that's the most comfy I can get apart from my jogging pants.. which I'll only wear when out jogging! :P

DonnaT
06-01-2014, 06:30 AM
I don't like wearing jeans.

I'll wear a prairie (gypsy) skirt to relax in a lot of times.

Aprilrain
06-01-2014, 06:56 AM
Why not dress how you want to dress?

I often read around here that one should look at other women ones age and dress how they dress. I disagree, if I did that I'd look like I just came from yoga class! It's not that hard to select nice casual feminine clothing that didn't come from Lulu Lemon.

kimdl93
06-01-2014, 07:03 AM
I don't mean to be contrary, but if you're unsure about what to wear, observe. Go to the mall, the grocery, Starbucks or wherever and see for yourself. Then, from that bewildering diversity, pick the casual styles that appeal to you. That way, you can be casual and cute at the same time.

Amy Fakley
06-01-2014, 07:52 AM
I mean, I wear women's clothes 14 hours a day. During the week, it is usually casual women's sweat pants and a cami. I guess that is how women dress naturally?

OMG, soooo jealous :-)
I'm one of those who hates wearing pants. I've been forced to wear pants since I was born, and so when I get girly time forget the pants!.
Like Kim said, hit a mall or a train station at rush hour, or heck ... go to a Wednesday night church service and peep what the other chicks are wearing. I like knee length golf-style skirts and keds myself for a casual look.

EllenJo
06-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Tayor, dear just go with whatever makes you feel right. I have quite a few knee length denim and kakai skirts that are great to lounge around in. I don't do the whole wig, make up and heels very often myself. Most evenings I putter around the house with cute flats, a casual skirt and a cami or cute blouse. Nothing fancy, I see women out all the time dressed similarly especially in the summer. Sometimes a pair of shorts or a skort but I really prefer a simple skirt. It is what ever you want it to be.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Chari
06-01-2014, 08:51 AM
Taylor, great replies from previous posts! Adding to that, YOU choose what is comfortable and gives you confidence to wear & expand your feminine side! Look around, observe what styles, colors, materials GG's are wearing that attract your eye! Not that you will copy exactly a complete outfit, but which items you'd like to try! From business to beach, to shopping and just out & about, each feminine outfit has a purpose. If $ are a concern, consider going to a thrift store to try on (in private) a variety of items at reasonable $. Not everything will fit you, but you will learn sizes, and hopefully find your style. Enjoy.

Taylor Ray
06-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Well ladies, as usual some amazing advice! I am a bit worried about the damage to my wallet such an endeavor will cause...

I am definitely going to start observing more everyday life situations. Women dress differently when they are: going to work, going to a club, or just running errands. I think I need to observe more of the "just running errands" category.

Thanks!

Sc0rp10N
06-01-2014, 01:53 PM
If all I had to go on was my wife as an example, I would have never cross dressed. Her current wardrobe (that she wears) consists of sweats, pjs and granny panties. Sometimes jeans and a tee shirt. When we're grumpy with each other, I have started calling her "dude." I know, its not cool, but that's always been us. She does me the same way, then we make up and life is good. Anyway, for me, it has to be the mood, and when in the mood, it has to be all the way, at least my kind of "all the way" and that's not sweats and pjs. So when I'm not in the mood, I'm just all guy.

ReineD
06-01-2014, 02:07 PM
If you're interested, I'm a pretty average GG and I can tell you what I wear if I'm not going out anywhere special.

If it's just hanging out at home after I'm done for the day and I'm not going anywhere at all, then it's really comfy clothes that I wouldn't go out in. :) Loose pants, a comfy, loose top, anything that is easily washable. Sometimes early in the evening I give myself a spa night ... long bath, shave legs, moisturize all over, mud mask, etc, and then I'll put on a comfy nightie or just hang out in a bathrobe.

If it's doing nothing special on a weekday or Saturday ... not working or not going out with friends, but just doing errands: groceries, bank, hardware store, etc, then it's a nicely fitted pair of jeans and a nice top but nothing too fussy. It it's really hot outside, then it's a comfy cotton summer dress and not much else. If it's yard work or household chores, then it's old clothes that I don't mind getting messed up.

sometimes_miss
06-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Different women wear different things. Basically, be the woman that YOU want to be, and wear what you want to wear. Whatever YOU feel most comfortable in, is what is appropriate for you. My example is, I like cheerleader and school uniforms. So that's what I wear the most. I do have more dressy things, but feel most normal wearing one of those type uniforms.

Adriana Moretti
06-01-2014, 07:33 PM
I have been so lazy myself...getting all dolled up in a dress, or fancy outfit and heels can get exausting, and at times even be uncomfortable...lately its been all about comfort,,,i wear sweats, half shirts, short shorts, real casual...you DONT have to be dressed to the nines everyday...no real girl is...i get why cd's who only dress once a month go all-out...but if you dress regularly..yes...comfy is never a bad thing! Its hard work to look pretty!

AmyGaleRT
06-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Taylor, you might try a "happy medium" in casual dresses. I have a number of them, and I'm wearing one now, a blue T-shirt dress in knee length with some tailoring around the bust. It's comfy and convincingly feminine; I once wore it to a supermarket, and one of the clerks looked up and said, "Ma'am, we're closed." (They were; I had to go to another one.)

Some GGs love dresses; they're very convenient and easy to get a "pulled together" look. I'm a dress lover myself, for much the same reasons.

- Amy

Beverley Sims
06-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Rarely wear cute dress and hot shoes.

Winter time was jeans and hot boots.

Terrylynn
06-02-2014, 02:39 AM
I usually wear feminine sleepwear to bed. When not in male mode I love leggings and tunics with cute flats. I'm also partial to maxi dresses. Rarely wear makeup, bras, wigs, etc. as it just doesn't feel comfortable and it's too much work compared to the end result :sad:

Kate Simmons
06-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Dressing up means different things to different people. If it's of any help, I've found that however I choose to dress at any given time has to be my choice, otherwise it really doesn't mean much. :)

bobbimo
06-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Seeing as how I have accepted cross dressing as part of my "essential nature", is there any way to facilitate dressing more?

Women don't "dress up" every night. I guess many women wear business attire all day, every day?

Fashion wise, what do women wear "most of the time".

I feel that I need to buy more of those type of clothes, because I am not always "in the mood" for a cute dress and hot shoes.

Last year I fell in love with some simple sundresses from Walmart, and they were my EVERYDAY wear. you can pop them on in the morning and they are cute enough to wear at night.
And this winter I fell in love with leggings! WOW. I had them in my drawer for a year but just didnt think I would like them, boy was I wrong. Lots of tops, and tunics look great with them, they feel great, look sexy, and are very versatile. I even wear them with those naughty short dresses that the hollers about.
And I have some new bralettes that just support the little girls I have. It makes me feel femme when I am just in shorts and a tee shirt. It feels so nice to just look down and know its all me in there.
have fun
Bobbi