PDA

View Full Version : Gracie's day out!!!

tightsplease1986
06-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Afternoon all

Well i finally did it. Got myself a wig and went out for a walk in the daylight today with my pink topshop bodycon skirt and sheer tights today and...I loved it! Sure I got a few funny looks from people but I have to say I'm not THAT convincing a woman, lol. I walked past my local pub (which I don't go into) and some blokes wolf whistled me but I didn't care, only the alcohol to blame for that.

I'm so pleased I've managed to go out and get away from my usual self and be a woman. The long hair will take a bit of getting used to, but it's all part and parcel of being female :)

All the best

Gracie xx

Teresa
06-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Sorry Gracie there are two entries for this thread and I've answered the incomplete one ! I'm glad you enjoyed you walk, nothing too scary ! Is the next step going into the pub ? If so do you order a pint or ask what the girls usually drink ? Then you have the problem of stray hair getting in your drink ! Men they have it so easy !!!

tightsplease1986
06-01-2014, 11:17 AM
Oops! I thought it didn't work the first time cos it showed me a preview rather than the finished post! Never mind...

I don't think I have the balls to go into the pub dressed as Gracie yet!!! Took quite a bit of courage just to go for the 40 min walk I had. I loved every minute of it, but I fear some places just aren't ready for Gracie yet.

One thing I can't decide is...should I put on a voice when talking to people?

Thanks

Gracie xx

Katey888
06-01-2014, 03:15 PM
Of course we'll all want to see what Gracie looks like sooner rather than later... ;) And super that you got out - and in daylight too! - Well done! :cheer:

And when we see the photos we'll be able to advise on the voice, of course... There's quite a few threads here already about how to approach that (just search on 'voice' :)) - but a lot depends on how you look, I think, and your natural accent... If you could do a good Dick Emery "Oh you are awful - but I like you.." that'd probably go down well... I also think if you could sound like Lady Thatcher that would be quite disturbing but you'd get folks attention... But generally just softening and lifting the key of one's voice a bit seems to be the way to go...

Do let us know how it progresses.. and especially the photos... No pressure... ;)

Katey x

Jaylyn
06-01-2014, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a great day out. The wolf whistles might have been cause they thought you were a cute girl. Sometimes dressing is a form for me to get away from reality also. I'm just not ready to be out yet though.

Stephanie Sometimes
06-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Congratulations Gracie. First time out in daylight around others is a big step and it sounds like you did it with confidence!
Hugs,
Stephanie

Marcelle
06-01-2014, 04:12 PM
Hi Gracie,

Congrats on getting out and just being. The first time is always the most nerve wracking but at the same time exhilarating. It will get easier with each subsequent Gracie day.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
06-01-2014, 11:57 PM
Gracie,
After a while you will feel all the tactile feelings as being quite normal.
It is then you can polish up on your act.
Enjoy what the future has in store for you.

BLUE ORCHID
06-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Hi Gracie, That was great , I'm sure that will not be your last time out.

tightsplease1986
06-02-2014, 11:13 AM
Another update- I stepped out to put my rubbish down this afternoon as Gracie and, horror upon horrors, my neighbours stepped out as I was about to come out the bins! I didn't know what to do, I hoped if I hid in there they'd go away, but no, I was spotted and...I had to come clean that it was a bloke in drag! Luckily for me they were alright with it and the lady even told me she had recently been to a gay wedding so there would be no issues from her. Phew! Gracie is now known by an increasing number of people and I think I'm starting to enjoy it :)

As for the voice thing I may have to work on talking in falsetto and trying to make it sound as natural as possible, hopefully I don't get any squeaking or anything!

All the best

Gracie xx

Lynn Marie
06-02-2014, 11:29 AM
The funny thing about getting outed is that nobody knows what to say so they usually say nothing. It's actually kind of weird. They know but can't figure out what to say. Of course if they ever do ask, you simply say "yes that's me" and no more. Never, ever, try to explain yourself. Just state the facts and let others deal with it on their own.

Elle1944
06-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Afternoon all

Well i finally did it. Got myself a wig and went out for a walk in the daylight today with my pink topshop bodycon skirt and sheer tights today and...I loved it! Sure I got a few funny looks from people but I have to say I'm not THAT convincing a woman, lol. I walked past my local pub (which I don't go into) and some blokes wolf whistled me but I didn't care, only the alcohol to blame for that.

I'm so pleased I've managed to go out and get away from my usual self and be a woman. The long hair will take a bit of getting used to, but it's all part and parcel of being female :)

All the best

Gracie xx

You've tickled my fancy, you go girl, enjoy.........