PDA

View Full Version : A totally different person?

Kate Simmons
06-03-2014, 12:44 PM
We have had a few boy vs girl ongoing threads in the picture forum. Just curious as to how you look at that. Do you think that geez that is a totally different person or do you admire the creativity? I know I do. I look it as an opportunity to see another side of my friends here. I already have several friends that I'm friends with in both modes. The point being that i would certainly have no problem associating with my friends either way as we have a passion that we share in making the world a prettier place. What do you think?:battingeyelashes::)

Katey888
06-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Kate - I wholeheartedly agree with your perspective here, and not for the first time.. :)

While I know that the overall appearance is important to most, if not all of us here, the individual and the personality under the skin is what matters to me, and I can't see that would change fundamentally for most of us... yes, maybe a bit of 'leaning' towards femme or masculine for some of us depending on presentation, but too much of a change would be disingenuous for me...

I'd personally have no problem with whatever my friends were wearing... Just as long as they weren't making me look too shabby, of course... ;)

Katey x

Jaylyn
06-03-2014, 08:33 PM
I admire creativity but enjoy e pictures also. The world really has nothing to do with my dressing as I'm not changing what I enjoy and definitely my looks won't make it any prettier....

WhisperTV
06-03-2014, 08:43 PM
I agree with Katey888 on this. Looks matter, but who the person is matters more.

Emi_
06-03-2014, 09:05 PM
If I am - as some might contend - a totally different person in women's clothes, why am I still paying the same bills?

Kate Simmons
06-03-2014, 09:13 PM
No one can hide from bill collectors Emi. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Martha G
06-03-2014, 09:22 PM
I am the same person under the wig, makeup and the clothing. For me that doesn't change.

But I do enjoy the creativity in changing looks.

Plus in my case I look younger.

There was a saying "that the clothes make the man, or on this forum, the woman. Not true.

I am the same person in a dress or gown as when i am wearing pants.

If just by changing clothes you can change your personality, I think there need be a call to a doctor.

Beverley Sims
06-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Kate,
The person is the same and I do admire the creativity.

Adriana Moretti
06-03-2014, 11:00 PM
I am all about taking your creativity to new levels...I think that goes with everything in my life..health,happiness etc...i do care more about the person though rather than looks..and any gal that puts in the effort, accepts herself & is here sticking around for the long haul, isnt flakey or flighty is ok in my book....no matter what she may look like.

Teresa
06-04-2014, 05:26 AM
Kate I've never experienced the before and after in others only what I've seen on the forum.
It's possibly a shame that we can't post more before and after pics but to some it's living too dangerously!
The great thing about creativity in Cding is the tools and equipment aren't going to cut your fingers off or gouge great chunks out of your legs !!

Kate I hope you don't mind me saying but your avatar is the best you've done for a long time ! The wig really suits you !!

Kate Simmons
06-04-2014, 05:42 AM
Thanks Teresa. Any compliment is always much appreciated my friend.:hugs::)

noeleena
06-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Hi,

Look at my photo and the before and now is much the same, no makeup as youll see, the clothes can change from what in my photo to overall.s or work clothes, a different hat or head wear, as you see,

to night we have had our Edwardian mid winter meal at our Hotel,

13 of us this time we all know each other quite well as i work with 4 others,
our theme was, dressed in winter, how we would have been in Edwardian days.

Looking at this ? to meet me in person would you be looking to try and find if i have a differend side to my personality, because most of you do dress up and look pretty good would you be looking at myself in the same way, or different because i dont dress as good as most here,

i dont try and coverup . as in makeup and hair / wigs to look different. , it really is what you see in my photo is what you will see and every one else does any way .

my acceptance comes from those around me in the fact of, this is who i am i dont change because i change my clothes ,

oh. and we had a lovely night with lots of banter and we enjoy each others company .

...noeleena...

BLUE ORCHID
06-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Hi Kate, I like to thing that I'm just a guy enjoying the best of both worlds.

docrobbysherry
06-04-2014, 11:54 AM
I do not dress to express "my feminine side", Kate. Altho I do go out dressed to meet other dressers.

I prefer to dress as Sherry to create the illusion I've become someone COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!