PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming conference for FTMs

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Thought you guys might be interested in this....

**************PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY**************

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ANNOUNCING:
FTM 2006: A Gender Odyssey
September 1st –4th, 2006

CONTACT INFO:
FTM 2006: A Gender Odyssey
PMB# 796, 1122 E Pike St
Seattle, WA 98122
info@transconference.org
Check out our new website!
www.transconference.org (http://www.transconference.org)

*SEATTLE, WA: FTM 2006: A Gender Odyssey* is a national conference for masculine-identified people who were assigned female gender at birth. It is a place for us to gather together, share our lives, learn from one another, and celebrate our communities. This conference offers a variety of workshops and discussions addressing the practical aspects of trans lives. Accompanying events include a vendor fair, art exhibit, BBQ, cabaret, all-ages dance, and more.

This conference is also open to anyone interested in the topics to be covered. Whether you are new to thinking about your gender, well-established in your identity, FTM, trans, genderqueer, MTF, part of any of these communities because of the people you love, or simply questioning the role of gender in your life, FTM 2006: A Gender Odyssey is open to you.

*Programming and the newly-formed Advisory Committee* The majority of workshops and panels offered at this conference are selected from our attendees' own programming submissions. Last year's outreach efforts were successful in measurable ways and we want to continue in this vein. We invite and encourage workshop proposals in the following areas: Submissions from people of color on all topics Older and/or post-transitioned FTMs and transmen Medical/mental health professionals Families Partners—past, present, and future

Gender Odyssey now has an independent Advisory Committee in addition to its organizing committee. We are excited to incorporate this volunteer-driven committee whose purpose is to evaluate conference programming, ensure a balanced and inclusionary schedule, and offer creative programming suggestions. This group will assist in outreach to people of color (poc) with the intent of increasing poc attendance and participation.

*Register Early!!* Don't wait until the last minute to register. Our early bird registration rate is over 35% lower than if you wait until you get to town. This rate won't last long—March 31st—so mark it on your calendar and tell your friends!

*TRANSLATIONS: Seattle's First Transgender Film Festival - Call for Entries!* TRANSLATIONS seeks entries for its 2006 Labor Day festival. Please see our website for more details.

*Now in its fourth year, Gender Odyssey returns to the convention center.* Based on attendee feedback, we will return to the Washington State Convention and Trade Center. Friendliness of convention center staff, workshops in one centralized location, and proximity to the host hotel were some of the merits cited.

**************PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY**************

CaptLex
01-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the info, Marlena. Sounds cool. Seattle is so far away, though, but if I can swing it, I'd love to. :bs:

mistunderstood
01-16-2006, 02:14 PM
I would love to go. Money is a bit tight for me.

Kieron Andrew
01-18-2006, 05:10 AM
:( way too far for me i so wish it was closer