PDA

View Full Version : Next Step?

amyjacks2014
06-04-2014, 10:50 PM
^.^

Ok, so I do, or have the following ...

I am a woman (I just made the change on my Facebook page).

I am a crossdresser. As a part of this, I have the following...

Roughly 700 pairs of panties, including one pair of bridal panties.

Several skirts, mostly black, but one kinda gray, and one light
blue ones.

Several blouses or t-shirts of various colors.

5-7 bras, either 36B or 36C.

3-5 wigs, 3 wearable, 2 not so much ...

1 brand of perfume, called "Love"

I've had my nails done once.

Ok ...

What should I do next? What is the next step in
more fully being a woman?

Amy M. Jackson

Jenniferathome
06-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Well, I am willing to bet that no natural woman has 700 pairs of panties. I think you have assumed something about women that is quite off.

Now, you write that you re a woman AND you write you are a cross dresser. Are you a woman dressing as a man? Given the panty comment, I do not think so. Are you a transexual? Do you think there is a shopping list that once filled you are a woman? I can't follow your thoughts.

AmyGaleRT
06-04-2014, 11:26 PM
If I had to advise you, I would say that you should more fully round out your presentation. One thing I don't see in your inventory is shoes, for instance--one of my weaknesses! :) You'll want a number of different styles and heel heights, everything from flats to sandals to heels to boots. My recommendation here is to measure your feet using a women's measuring template to determine what your shoe size should be.

Also, I don't see any dresses on that list. (That's another one of my weaknesses! :) ) Dresses are very convenient; just slip them on and you're instantly coordinated, top to bottom. Your bust size is the most important for finding the right size dress (same as with your tops), and you'll want to try different styles and see what fits your body type. I find that A-line styles with empire waists look good on me, but other styles can work, too. If you're tall, maxi dresses can be your friend.

You also don't mention what you use to fill your bra cups. If you get really serious, the way to go is silicone breast forms. Try The Breast Form Store, though you can sometimes find inexpensive ones on eBay as well. Good quality silicone forms not only look right, but feel right under your clothes.

Also, you're going to want to look at makeup. This is going to be highly dependent on how hard your beard shadow is to cover up; many CDs require specialized beard-cover products, although some (like me) can get away with ordinary concealers. You'll also be looking at all the various products for your face (foundation, powder, blush), eyes (eyeliner, shadow, mascara), and lips (lip liner, lipstick or gloss). There are lots of makeup tutorials you can reference as you're learning.

Don't forget jewelry and accessories! Again, if you're serious, consider getting your ears pierced; your local Claire's will do it for not too much money and it should work just fine. It'll give you WAY more options for earrings.

If you want to go out eventually, you'll have to practice feminine motion: walking, sitting, standing, and so forth. Developing a good feminine voice may be trickiest of all; consider a program like the ones by Exceptional Voice if you need help with that. (I sometimes practice by singing to female vocals on the radio.)

I've only barely scratched the surface here; I could probably write whole postings on each of these points. Read, observe, and learn, is the important thing! Good luck! :)

- Amy

Princess Chantal
06-04-2014, 11:39 PM
Congratulations on being a woman on the internet, hope you have just as easy time becoming a woman in the real world

Beverley Sims
06-04-2014, 11:44 PM
I would put the panties on a database to make for easier selection.

How long have you been doing this is the next question.

It appears you have not come down to earth yet.
I would read what Amy suggests, Me? I am still speechless and there is not enough valid information for me to process at this time..

WhisperTV
06-04-2014, 11:48 PM
If your profile picture is accurate, I'd say the next step in more fully being a woman would be to shave your mustache.

Just throwin' that out there.

arbon
06-04-2014, 11:54 PM
a really good therapist

ScarlettLox
06-04-2014, 11:56 PM
If your profile picture is accurate, I'd say the next step in more fully being a woman would be to shave your mustache.

Just throwin' that out there.
yeah this^ and some makeup never hurt anyone

amyjacks2014
06-05-2014, 12:27 AM
^.^

I am certainly fighting against the facial hair, and I try to shave
as often as possible. I don't know of any other way that I can
more permanently deal with it until I can afford feminine facial
modifications, if that ever happens.

Jennifer, my two points were because some people crossdress,
but they may feel they are still male. While writing my intro, I
noticed that as I was describing the things that happened, I
did not feel male. I kinda self-checked, and I FEEL feminine
totally. I AM a woman, basically in spirit or in soul. Physically,
I am male.

Amy Gale, your suggestions are excellent, and I will look into
those as I get some money. :) Shoes are a problem with diabetes.
I have to take care that my shoes are soft on my feet and legs.

I forgot to mention I have three dresses. To this point, I don't
fill the bra cups. I have found a couple bras that are at least
partially padded, so they give me the figure I want. Extremely
nice amounts of ideas here. :)

Princess, thanks for the best wishes. It is a work in progress!
I don't think anyone can expect 100% acceptance, and I don't
have that, but I dress up for work, and I step out for excursions
in a few other places, so I am continuously looking for opportunities.

Beverley, I have been wearing women's panties full-time for several
years, but I started cross-dressing about six months ago.

Whisper, the toughest part of the whole thing is the moustache. It's
a VERY sensitive area, that is hard to peck at with a razor. But I am
working on it.

Arbon, I have a good therapist, who is supportive of what I am doing. :)

And I love Scarlett's anime avatar. :)

Let's see if I can see my own pic now ...

Amy M. Jackson

Adriana Moretti
06-05-2014, 12:30 AM

Just throwin' that out there.......you gals are so awesome......HILLarious !!! and since you only have 700 pairs of panties I'd say you def need to get some more.

amyjacks2014
06-05-2014, 12:33 AM
^.^

One thing I was thinking about was some sort of purse.
And then maybe some earrings and a necklace.

Amy M. Jackson

Kate Simmons
06-05-2014, 03:57 AM
There is a plethora of information on the transsexual forum here. You may want to utilize some of that information to see what others have done with that goal in mind. Hundreds of panties do not necessarily a woman make.:)

Aprilrain
06-05-2014, 04:13 AM
For starters most women don't call their underwear panties.

amyjacks2014
06-05-2014, 04:14 AM
^.^

Oh please understand that I was certainly not saying that I am
a cross-dresser, or a woman simply because I have a large collection
of panties. These were bought over the last seven or more years, so
it's actually not all that many... my point is that I am more than just
that particular article of clothing, so to speak.

I *do* however, like all of the advice I have gotten on this subject,
and you have all been very wonderfully supportive.

Amy M. Jackson

Teresa
06-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Amy,
Sorry about the pun but all that is immaterial you have to decide where you want to be with your CDing, you say you're seeing a therapist, let them guide you to your choice but don't let tell you what you should be ! I have found the few months on this forum far more helpful, no one claims to be an expert but when I read other threads it helped me to assess my needs and what I could be comfortable with.
If you are closeted then you have limitations, if you just want to dress around the house, that makes life easier but you want to be out and pass that's a whole different ball game.
So your comments about your clothes are only relevant depending on where you want you dressing to go !
You have friends here that will happily help you, but don't feel intimidated by some , they have years of practice, take it at you own pace !!

nacracat
06-05-2014, 04:43 AM
post a photo?

Erica Marie
06-05-2014, 06:22 AM
Being a women is not about the cloths, it is about how you feel inside. If you want to take your crossdressing to the next level is one thing. Then you need to go out, pick a couple cute outfits along with the proper accessories and go out and have a fun time. But if you think you may be transgender then only a therapist will be able to help you sort out your feelings.
But to me collecting 700 some pairs of panties seems more like a fetish than anything.

hope springs
06-05-2014, 06:55 AM
What Erica said about feeling it inside is 1000% true. The clothes i get reflect my internal feminine self. A great next step would be to ask yourself some very hard questions:
What does feminine mean? We know what it looks like, but how does it shape your thought processes.
2) what are the key differences between male/female, and are they social constructs or genuine differences?
3) if your persona changes while en femme, ask what part of your male self is left behind. Then ask why its not usually present while en homme.

The longer i inhabit my femme side the more i realize its the mindset that shapes up. The lengerie is nice but the day to day internal monologue of a GG will get you closer to feeling like a woman than fabulous shoes ( and i LOVE me some snappy looking heels).

BLUE ORCHID
06-05-2014, 07:02 AM
Hi Amy, How about pierced ears ??

kimdl93
06-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Maybe selling 650 pairs of panties would be a good start. Then, I'd suggest a gender therapist.

Kim_Bitzflick
06-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Maybe selling 650 pairs of panties would be a good start. Then, I'd suggest a gender therapist.

USED panties?????? EEEEEWWWWWWW. I would never buy used panties.

Amy,

I hope you find yourself in this process. That's the next thing I would do is start looking into myself and trying to understand who I am. Good luck.

gonegirl
06-05-2014, 06:36 PM
I think you're already there. Welcome to womanhood! You should probably go see a therapist just make sure though, and buy a couple of huge sets of drawers to put all that underwear in....

amyjacks2014
06-05-2014, 08:34 PM
^.^

If I am to get support, I must be honest. Before a couple years ago, I was probably dealing with a fetish. However, since the healing process that took place in my life, I discovered my inner woman, so to speak. I have claimed her, and she has claimed me. I am seeing a therapist, and on those visits, I dress as a woman. She is completely supportive of this, and gives some suggestions for how to go about certain things.

On some other comments ... Kim's right ... No one buys used underwear.

Erica brings up the subject of transgendered procedures. I am not sure I will ever get very far down that path. I don't have an issue with female face reconstruction ( which I would LOVE to combine with overall tooth work), and I might consider breast augmentation of some sort, but hormone treatments seem a bit much. Once again being honest, part of it is fear of altering that particular chemistry, and it am also not sure how such treatments affect sexual responses.

I loved what Hope Springs said about the internal conversation with one's inner woman. I totally agree, and I think my inner woman is very happy to be let outside. Having started CDing last November, I am sure there is lots of exploration to be done, which was why I was told to find a place like this.

Hi Amy, How about pierced ears ??

^.^

I would never be able to do real ones, but clip-on earrings might be workable.

Amy M. Jackson

Aprilrain
06-06-2014, 06:17 AM
hormone treatments seem a bit much. Once again being honest, part of it is fear of altering that particular chemistry, and it am also not sure how such treatments affect sexual responses. Amy M. Jackson

HRT is pretty much step one, without it how do you expect to transition? I and anyone else on hormones can tell you how it will affect your male "sexual response" it pretty much goes away!

Yes I still have a sex drive and under the right circumstances, which happen about once a month, I can get it to...um...work but it's very different then what a male experiences. For me better.

After looking at your pic I'd say its time to see if your sex driven fantasies about being a woman can stand up to real life transition. It's time for some laser and electrolysis!

I'm by no means belittling sex fueled fantasies, I've had them, but ones reaction to the sexual side effects of HRT are probably indicative of ones need to transition.

Jorja
06-06-2014, 06:42 AM
^.^

I would never be able to do real ones, but clip-on earrings might be workable.

Amy M. Jackson

Ok I just have to know, in today's world almost every man you see has both ears pierced, why not you?

amyjacks2014
06-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Ok I just have to know, in today's world almost every man you see has both ears pierced, why not you?

It's probably nothing, but I have been kinda scared of the pain. It is a small thing,
which means that it will be considered from time to time.

HRT is pretty much step one, without it how do you expect to transition? I and anyone else on hormones can tell you how it will affect your male "sexual response" it pretty much goes away!

Yes I still have a sex drive and under the right circumstances, which happen about once a month, I can get it to...um...work but it's very different then what a male experiences. For me better.

After looking at your pic I'd say its time to see if your sex driven fantasies about being a woman can stand up to real life transition. It's time for some laser and electrolysis!

I'm by no means belittling sex fueled fantasies, I've had them, but ones reaction to the sexual side effects of HRT are probably indicative of ones need to transition.

^.^

By no means am I saying your experiences were not the case for you. However, HRT probably will not happen for me, for a number of reasons. The first is there is a cost involved, and depending on my work situation, that cost may be prohibitive. You mentioned laser procedures and electrolysis. These are certainly things I would consider as first steps. I am already looking into the wheres and hows of actually getting this done, and also the costs involved, which are not too steep.

I also have to be concerned with my condition as a diabetic. If a dentist will refuse to deal with a broken tooth on the idea that my blood sugar levels are not in the normal range, what do you think might be the possibilities of complications regarding diabetes? That is something I would need to look into.

Finally, the comments about sex driven fantasies and such are a bit out of line. Just as being a woman is not simply about the clothing, it is also not only about the HRT transition. Both are aspects of the whole, and you can have one or the other and be a woman or not. Another aspect of it is how you feel about yourself internally. And for that, let me put it for you straight: I am a woman. I have had the fight over this within myself for years, my female self won, and there is nothing you can say or do that will take that away from me. As it is right now, I dress as a woman, I want to do what I can to become more physically a woman, such as facial electrolysis, and we'll continue to see from there. My diabetes has affected my sexual responses so that they are closer to a woman's than a man's, and that happened without ANY HRT.

In another post, I stated that there were some people who were "hardnosed" about some of these things, and that this was a good thing, because it keeps my head straight on this experience. I thought of you when I wrote that. However, I would ask you to step back a bit and let my own experience and exploration speak for itself. One of the tenets of this forum is about being supportive and not judgmental, but I found your comments to be very judging (more than necessary), and interestingly, I was offended as a woman.

However, I would also like to work past this, and still talk with you, and I hope that we can grow to be good friends. Perhaps it's a issue with first impressions, and I will admit that I was extremely happy about finding such a nice support group that perhaps I went a bit crazy or something.

Amy M. Jackson

PaulaQ
06-06-2014, 09:28 AM
Hey Amy,

It strikes me that the first thing you really ought to do is get your diabetes under better control. Particularly since you've already suffered significant neuropathy.

Are you type I or type II?

amyjacks2014
06-06-2014, 09:43 AM
I am Type II (reduced function of pancreas), as opposed to Type I (no function of pancreas)

Nerve damage is significant, I can't lie. When you can step on a tack and not notice it until
the next day ... yeah, that's significant. It was in that visit to the hospital to treat the foot
infection that the doctors noticed that my response to insulin is still very good, so that is a
good thing.

The details are very bad, but I am working to address the condition on a number of fronts,
and I hope to be around for a good long time. :)

Amy M. Jackson

AmandaM
06-06-2014, 09:49 AM
I think you're just a crossdresser, with a fetish component. It can be easy to try to convince yourself you're TS. You may want/wish to be a woman so bad, you start believing you are. I went through this and still do. At times, I REALLY wish I was a woman, every day even. But when I analyze it, I want to be a beautiful or hot woman. When I think of being a woman version of myself, then I retract, cause I'm not that girl in the magazine, etc. I don't think a transsexual would retract. As far as panties go, I have maybe 30, and I think that's too much. Consider why you have so many.

amyjacks2014
06-06-2014, 10:07 AM
^.^

Feel free to think as you wish. I certainly can not
stop you. I can however, say that you are wrong,
at least as far as I am concerned.

Amy M. Jackson

arbon
06-06-2014, 10:55 AM
In another post, I stated that there were some people who were "hardnosed" about some of these things, and that this was a good thing, because it keeps my head straight on this experience. I thought of you when I wrote that. However, I would ask you to step back a bit and let my own experience and exploration speak for itself. One of the tenets of this forum is about being supportive and not judgmental, but I found your comments to be very judging (more than necessary), and interestingly, I was offended as a woman.

Yep some of us are a bit hardnosed and judgmental.

You come across as a guy with a fetish to me

Someone who boasts about having 700 pairs of panties (that you have collected since last november?), has a mustache, is to afraid to have their ears pierced, does not want to loose the male sex drive and yet wants to claim their womanhood and wants to be taken seriously? The answer is no! Some of us had to pay (money, physical pain, health risks, loss of family, loss of friends, loss of jobs and so much more) to get to be taken seriously as women. If you can't even get your ears pierced or shave how in the world would you get through the rest of it?

If you truly believe that you are a woman, then you need to do some work on yourself to be taken seriously as such.

Jorja
06-06-2014, 11:03 AM
It's probably nothing, but I have been kinda scared of the pain. It is a small thing,
which means that it will be considered from time to time
Amy M. Jackson

There is very little to no pain at all. Do not allow your imagination to run away with your mind.

amyjacks2014
06-06-2014, 11:17 AM
^.^

Arbon, first off, I don't have to prove myself to you. Just because you "had to pay" does not mean that that is the path I MUST take. You even said it yourself: "some" of us had to pay ... I am looking at most everything, but there are limits to what I will be able to do. That's my business.

Others have responded with some level of support, over pretty much everything I have said, even the crazy, out-there stuff. BTW, the panties were collected over the course of at least 8 years) ... Because of my condition, my sexual response is closer to that of a woman, although I would not recommend my road to that achievement (getting Type II diabetes). Shaving is an issue for a lot of CDs and others in this environment, and I have gotten a lot of information about how to remove the beard and moustache, and providing the money works out, I am right there with it.

Whether you take me seriously is up to you. However, what *I* do with your commentary is up to me. Quite frankly, you don't know me, you are not in my situation, and you are not walking in my shoes. It works both ways. I admire that you have done what you have done, and sacrificed what you have to get where you are. I hope you are satisfied with the results, or with whatever you still wish to accomplish.

The fact that some here DO take me seriously as the woman that I am, beard stubble or no, tells me that they are accepting of a person who is doing a lot of exploring of these issues.

Jorja,

I will certainly look into getting earrings then, pierced or not. :)
BTW, yours look quite nice. :)

Amy M. Jackson

arbon
06-06-2014, 11:21 AM
^.^

Because of my condition, my sexual response is closer to that of a woman, although I would not recommend
my road to that achievement (getting Type II diabetes).

How could you possibly know that?

Annaliese
06-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Going out and being your self

amyjacks2014
06-06-2014, 11:35 AM
^.^

It is not as though either gender is keeping their sexual responses a
major secret, despite what comedians will tell you.

Amy M. Jackson

Katey888
06-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Keep it cool, folks... :cool:

Everyone has a right to an opinion and a perspective but if this gets into anything beyond civil debate I will step in...

:rulez:

Katey

ReineD
06-06-2014, 12:07 PM
Before a couple years ago, I was probably dealing with a fetish. However, since the healing process that took place in my life, I discovered my inner woman, so to speak. I have claimed her, and she has claimed me.

I loved what Hope Springs said about the internal conversation with one's inner woman. I totally agree, and I think my inner woman is very happy to be let outside. Having started CDing last November, I am sure there is lots of exploration to be done, which was why I was told to find a place like this.

There is a difference between actually being a woman, and wanting so much to look like a woman that one thinks they might be. A person does not "become" a woman, they either are or are not, no matter how they look. Or dress.

If you think that you are a woman because the need for sexual gratification is lessening, this does not necessarily mean that you are. A lot of crossdressers feel as you do as they age, and they rather (in time ... after the Pink Fog has worn off) see themselves as being gender fluid. They don't see themselves as women because they are not willing to change their sexual characteristics. Also, most crossdressers who are fortunate enough to have life circumstances that permit this, do eventually develop a need for validation of their gender expression and they do go out in public presenting as their feminine selves. This requires well developed balancing skills.

Others have responded with some level of support, over pretty much everything I have said, even the crazy, out-there stuff.

This is the nature of support forums, especially those for crossdressers. A lot of people are here to fulfill their CD fantasies and more often than not, you'll read responses that tell you what you want to hear. Transsexuals tend to tell it like it is because transition for them is more a question of life or death.

BTW, the panties were collected over the course of at least 8 years) ...

This still means one purchase every four days. Way more than the average woman. I do see why you said this started out as a fetish.

Bottom line, I'm glad that you're seeing a gender therapist. Please understand that I'm not judging who you are or are not, but based on what I've read posted by the transsexuals in this forum, you do give me the impression that you have a lot to work through.

You asked in your OP what is the next step. My advice would be to work on your presentation so as not to be seen as a man in a dress when you go out. Depending on where you live, this may or may not give rise to negative confrontations. So the first thing would be to look as if you don't have beard shadow (we have threads on how to accomplish this), and also work on makeup skills. Of equal importance, is to learn to dress the way that the GGs in your area dress. You don't want to stand out.

amyjacks2014
06-06-2014, 02:43 PM
^.^

Whereas one person might arrive at a post-HRT TS state through HRT and perhaps surgery, I arrived at it through a combination of Type II diabetes, and a long drawn out fight with a disassociative identiry disorder, that got resolved in early 2011. Given the choice, I would much rather have done the HRT/surgery. As I told Paula elsewhere, I am 100% woman down to my self, down to my soul, although I realize that there are some places I can work on.

Let me make this crystal clear ... I am not mocking, insulting, putting down, or otherwise what post-op TS people have gone through. In fact, I salute all of you for the sacrifices you have made. My road is simply different from yours, and I am asking that you keep my head on straight at the same time that you allow me to express myself during this exploration of this new thing that is what it is to be a woman.

And Reine, your advice was awesome, and I will deeply consider it. My counselor is a general counselor, however. I would not be opposed to seeing a gender counselor, if the clinic has one on staff.

Amy M. Jackson

Aprilrain
06-06-2014, 03:25 PM
Hormones are way cheaper than laser or electro.

I would highly suggest seeing a gender therapist. A day or two of internet research about all things transition related wouldn't hurt either.

I just looked up "disassociate identity disorder" this is the new name in the DSM for "multiple personality disorder"

amyjacks2014
06-06-2014, 04:16 PM
^.^

Yes ma'am, you found, and I used the right term. I am a counseling student,
and I also have an MS in Psychology. The complete diagnosis was
Disassociative Identity Disorder, Not Otherwise Specified, as I did not have
two separate personalities that you could call one Jeff and the other Jane.
My condition was more of a fracture, and one side considered itself male,
the other considered itself female. The condition lasted until March of 2011,
when the male part was weakened sufficiently for unification of the personality
to work. As I have said, I would not wish anyone else to arrive at any sense
of womanhood through a DID(NOS). It was terrible at times.

But enough about me! Part of the problem, I think, is I am talking a lot.
What about you, Ms. April Rain? What are you like? You seem to be a very
strong individual. :)

PS: I would look into hormones, myself. I would not be opposed to seeing a gender therapist, if we have one on staff locally.

Amy M. Jackson

Vickie_CDTV
06-06-2014, 04:38 PM
Like others have said, the road of transsexualism can be full of pain and suffering and loss. If you are a crossdresser with a fetish for panties or whatever, you are really, really ahead of the game if you stay as a crossdresser with a fetish. There is nothing at all wrong with that and there is nothing wrong with being happy as you are, you have nothing to prove to anyone and it isn't a competition. I wouldn't try and push yourself any further beyond occasional dressing unless you feel you absolutely have to. If you want some more articles of clothes to dress up that is fine, but don't try to convince yourself you are a transsexual if you are not; and if you are not a transsexual that is a good thing, you will spare yourself a great deal of pain, money, loss of friends/family/job/children etc. others have gone through.

darla_g
06-06-2014, 04:44 PM
700 panties is a huge number, i think you may just have a fetish for panties. You never really state where YOU want to go with this. No one can tell you. From what i have observed here if you were a transexual there is a bit more certainty in their mind. Perhaps uncertainty as to how it will all work out, but you may need some counseling to get it together.

sometimes_miss
06-07-2014, 03:04 AM
Check that; I don't know where you live, but yesterday I decided to look around. 74 guys seen; three had visually pierced ears. That's in a city 15 miles west of Manhattan sitting outside on a main street.

Amy, one thing you might want to do is read a bit on the differences in how men and women interact and interpret the world. Pick up a book or two by Barbara and Alan Pease, such as Why men don't listen and why women can't read maps. http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Listen-Women-Cant-Read/dp/0767907639/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1402128085&sr=8-3&keywords=barbara+pease
It will help you determine exactly how really male or female you are. And no, you won't be able to change your innate behavior to fit the sex you want to be after reading the books, you'll always go back to your normal behavior unless you consciously stop and think about HOW you want to be before doing it.

Marcelle
06-07-2014, 05:52 AM
Hi Amy.

I am assuming you wish to present (or perhaps you already are) femme to the world someday? So I would look at some of the tips on make-up in the "beauty section". If facial hair is an issue (right there with you), you will need to perfect beard cover make-up to hide. But from your profile picture your beard does not seem that heavy. Clothing and make-up is half the battle when going out "en femme" walk, gestures, mannerisms and attitude is the other half. I would spend a bit of time in malls woman watching (not in the creepy way though :)) just casual watching. See how women move, manipulate purses, juggle bags, walk, sit etc. When and if you do go out you need to hold your head up and own the moment . . . confidence is a big factor. Practice this at home before going out and get comfortable with it. The other suggestions are great (purse, jewelry).

However, sweetie . . . these are all superficial changes designed to allow us to blend in the vanilla world. If you are truly a woman in your soul, specifically you are transsexual . . . explore this with your therapist as she/he will be better suited to guide you through this process and help you become the woman you want to be. My other suggestion is a TG support group if there is one close by. Most importantly, be true to yourself and the rest will follow.

Hugs and good luck

Isha

Tracii G
06-07-2014, 11:36 AM
I agree a TG support group could be a huge help along with seeing a therapist.
I won't judge you because you are who you are and we are all different in many ways.
Best of luck Amy.

Farrah
06-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Looking at your profile pic, shaving and buying a better wig would have you well on your way to being a better woman!

amyjacks2014
06-07-2014, 05:41 PM
^.^

Yeah, that's the wig that needs the most help. However, my new profile pic has one of the wigs I usually wear, and I have done what I call a
"deep shave", where I try to get as much as possible, beard and moustache included. That pic is actually the better of the three ... the other one I think makes me look like Jabba the Hut or something. (One thing I continually work on is I am extremely self-critical).

However, the shave is not the big news here! I got dressed up in that black dress in my profile pic, and hit Bed & Bath, and K Mart, looking for a few things.
I priced the following, and I wonder if any of you have had any experience with them ...

Perfumes:

- Endless Weekend (roughly $30)
- Paris Amour (#34.95)
- Velvet Sugar ($39.00) (I was not impressed with this one)
- Morocco Orchid ($20.00) (perfume only, not including the body wash or mist spray)
- Tokyo Lotus ($20.00) (this one and Morocco Orchid are on sale at the moment)

Shaving:

- CO Bugelow shaving cream ($10.00 for regular sized can)
- CO Bugelow & True Blue Shave Cream with Shea Butter ($20.00)

Misc:

- Lip gloss w. moisturizer: $7.50 - $10

K Mart

- Purse: $19 - 25
- Lipstick: $9.49
- Jordana face powder (bronzer): $2.49
- Generic necklace: $4 - 12

- Nair face cream: $5.39
- Ouch Relief Wax Kit: $10.99
- Ladies shaving cream: $3.50

(although the assistant that helped with finding the face cream or wax made a point of stating that waxing, to her, was painful. However, the time length that some of these products work (6-8 weeks) may make it worth it. I will have to take another stab at earrings. I would not know where to start, besides taking out the staple gun and putting a hole in my ear ... JK! :)

The associates at BOTH stores were very helpful, and had no issues whatsoever with my presentation. They were courteous, answered all of my questions, and showed me a pretty good selection of products. I noticed a few other people that seemed to look at me a bit. One older person at K Mart I am sure was not sure what to make of me, but I minded my business (peripheral vision is great for minding my business as well as your business ... )

So, I would call the outing a major success. How much I am able to get depends on what my paycheck looks like next Friday. :)

Amy M. Jackson

JohnH
06-07-2014, 09:22 PM
However, HRT probably will not happen for me, for a number of reasons. The first is there is a cost involved, and depending on my work situation, that cost may be prohibitive.

Amy M. Jackson

After seeing an endocrinologist (covered by insurance) I got a prescription for injectable estradiol. A three month supply of that medication (including syringes, needles, alcohol pads, and shipping) costs less than a full tank of gas for a pickup truck.

Johanna Anna

amyjacks2014
06-08-2014, 10:07 AM
^.^

You look wonderful, Johanna, and that is certainly a path I can take.
I think, and others have suggested that I should see a gender counselor,
if one is available. That will allow me to start looking to see if and how
to go about such a transition.

In the meantime, I have found some ideas to help with my presentation,
although nothing will take the place of feminine facial reconstruction, and
electrolysis to permanently remove the facial hair... I will be a work in
progress.

Amy M. Jackson