PDA

View Full Version : apologies and epiphany

Jamie M
01-16-2006, 06:02 AM
well girls it has been a very long time now since i've last posted so i thought i'd give you the full SP.

first of all the apologies . I disappeared without a word or any explantion of what was going on . i look back know and see how rude this was not to even say a little au revoir.

now then , so what went on ? well kelly and i had a discussion one night last november which basically came down to me thinking that my wife was no longer seeing me as her husband or even as a man. Now i will try and explain the difference now between what she was actaully saying and what i heard and felt at the time.

what she was actually trying to say was that ever since i had found this forum it appeared that i was ever so slowly beginning to be julia more and more often to the point that i always had to have a least one julia quality about me every day . this was somewhat bothersome to herr and i can see why . So then , what did i do to alleviate this concern of hers ? Well i'm ashamed to say that i went and packed up alll my clothes stuck them in the loft and went on to have myself and nice little purge .

i hope you understand that i'm not very proud of how i handled this as all that i succeeded in doing was making myself miserable and therefore upsetting kelly even further . she couldn't understand what was going on and even thought i was having an affair at one point !

well , out shopping for presents one day just before christmas we were in Marks and Sparks when several things started taking my eye ( i never lost the desire to dress just tried to supress it ) and i was trying my best not to be too obvious but apparently wasn't doing too good a job of it .

picking up on it kelly started picking things out and saying how nice they were. now we've always had a little understanding when shopping , if she picks something up in her size she's saying it's nice for her and i my size it's for me . well these were all in my size and really nice things to boot . the first cracks started to appear in my resolve.

then out comes the heavy artillery. Now you must understand that until this day any mention of julia has had me in fits of anger "just leave it will you" or something similiar .

"You know , julia must be getting really cold and lonely up there in the dark maybe you should let her out for a day ?" she says . okay , now this is just such a stupid but cute thing to say that i can't help but smile and from there she knows she's got me and i can't suppress it any longer .

the final straw that broke the camel's back was the present that came out of the blue for julia on xmas day . a beautiful pair of silk pjyamas , wow !

so what has all this got to do with epiphany then ? well until this little hiccup in our lives i had always thought of myself as being happy with just being julia when i had the time but being james at all other times , never mixing the two. I have even preached this to others here on this forum saying that it's the only way to gain balance in your lives . what a load of tosh !

balance can come in any form and that form can change from one month to the next . right now i'm finding balance by accepting myself as an effeminate male rather than an occasional crossdresser . to me that means having my nails painted clear , eye brows plucked , ladies undies and t-shirts as the norm . who knows what it will mean tomorrow ?

i guess the epiphany is to accept yourself before you can even try to expect others to . i though i had but this was obviously not the case .

so to recap , who are the apologies for ? well to all you of reading this for just running off and hiding my head in the sand and for preaching stuff that i knew not to be true .

mainly my apology is to my beautiful , caring , wonderful wife kelly who i now know i have caused so much pain to whilst i dragged myself over the coals for no good reason , who has stood by me and supported me in being who i am .

I'm sorry darling , i love you

Wendy me
01-16-2006, 08:04 AM
no apology needed , welcome back and welcome home......

swiss_susan
01-16-2006, 08:17 AM
Certainly you have no need to appologise to us dear. While it is true we missed you in your absence. It seems as though it may have been for the best, at least for you and yuor wife. Wile it was a relatively short period that I am sure was less than enjoyable, you both now have a better understanding of your relationship. At least thats what I got from your post and if so it may have been worth it in the long run.

I think often when we dress we lose ourselves in another world, but truth be told its like a coin that has two sides, but its still the same coin. This is also true with many of us, we have a wide range of personality, that get expressed in different ways. But we are still the same person.

Anyway I am glad that things have worked out for you and your wife, and hope they only get better. :clap:

Susan

CharleneCD
01-16-2006, 08:27 AM
I agree, no appology needed. Dealing with your spouse takes top priority even if it means avoiding this place for a bit.

As for balance, I am happy that you are learning new ways to find yours. For me the daily fem touches keep me happy. As long as I have my earings, growing hair, growing fingernails, pedicure, and fem underwear I find that the urge to fully dress is not as powerful.

Welcome back .

uknowhoo
01-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Hello Julia, and Happy New Year!

I've thought about you several times in your absence. It's so nice to see you again. Of course no apologies are required, it's our pleasure to have you back with us again.

Congratulations, and best wishes to you and Kelly.

Hugs,

Tammi

p.s. nice post Susan - you said just what I was feeling!

TGMarla
01-16-2006, 09:07 AM
Thanks for posting, Julia. Good read. We all have our roads to follow, some are paved, others have rocks and potholes. I'm glad that your wife came along with a little pavement for you. Looks like some blue skies for you in the near future. I hope the best for you.

I still have a few rocks and stones in mine, so I try to achieve my balance with what I have on hand. Every day is a new day, and what's on the scales can change at any time. You give hope to the rest of us.

ChristineRenee
01-16-2006, 09:08 AM
No apologies needed for us here....we're glad that you are back. Welcome home Julia!:hugs:

Kim E
01-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Hello Julia ~
No appology is needed, just happy you are back with us. :)

Kim

Natalie x
01-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Hey, there are some really neat metaphors up there :yt:

Nice to see you again, Julia. To tell the truth, I've been away too, while you were gone - different reason, same result - how about a reunion party?

Julia Cross
01-16-2006, 09:50 AM
No apologies needed. What you did is the absolute best thing you could do. You took care of yourself and more importantly your wife. You have already gained her trust and love, and chose not to damge or loose that.

Many of us could learn from this.

Welcome back.

Julia

GypsyKaren
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Hi Julia

Oh, I am so happy for you, happy, happy, happy! Sounds to me like you're on a pretty good stretch of highway right now, that's a real cool place to be. It really warms my heart to hear stories such as yours, absolutely no apologies necesary, and your wife is totally awesome. Silk jammies, oh my!

You know, in a way we're kinda in the same place. I went through years and years of denying this, not accepting that, must be a man and all, but it just didn't work, all it did was make me miserable. Anyway, long story short, I finally got it! I not only accepted myself, I learned(with my Kat's help) to love myself for everything too. That's what my signature means, "embrace yourself, and the truth shall set you free", that was my epiphany. Oh yes, it's so wonderful now, I'm so glad that you made it.

GypsyKaren

Sharon
01-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Glad to see you back, Julia. You never need apologize for anything you do with the best of intentions, and that is what you did.

Lisa Maren
01-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Hi Julia

You don't need to apologize. I'd bet lots of money that many people on this forum have posited something at one point or another to later find out it's not so, including me!

At one point I posted about an article I'd read about how boys are different from girls discipline-wise and by the way boys like clear rules and clear winners and losers and a few other things like that. I'd said at the time that those things would have all been completely derailed by my ADD and I theorized at the time that ADD might have something to do with my CDing.

Now I doubt that because that would mean that ADD has the power to cause feminization and crossdressing and I find that an awfully tough pill to swallow. Just for starters, I've never read or heard anything about a disproportionate number of ADDers being CDers as well. My ADD probably helped me along the road of self-awareness, to be sure, but I don't think it has anything to do with the root origin of my inner girl. I think she has always been there.

My long and drawn out point lol is that we are all on a journey towards understanding ourselves and at many times this journey resembles a maze more much than anything else -- complete with wrong turns and dead ends.

Don't worry about a thing! Welcome back!

Hugs,
Lisa

Laurie Ann
01-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Love means never having to say your sorry wait wrong movie. I am just happy everything is working out well for you and as has been said no apologies necessary

Deborah
01-16-2006, 03:09 PM
Hiya Julie. Welcome back girl. Glad everything is working out ok for you. :D

Marlena Dahlstrom
01-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Glad to have you back. No apologies needed. Obviously your marriage takes higher priority.

Jamie M
01-17-2006, 04:36 AM
Aw , thanks everyone for your warm welcome back home. I really have missed this place. It's so nice to be amongst friends again. I just felt so bad for not even saying bye when i packed her away.

Well i'm half way through getting ready for a come back photo shoot up so i might have pics to post later depending on if i can find some batteries for the camera ;)

thanks again everyone

RachelDenise
01-17-2006, 06:01 AM
Welcome back and more importantly, I'm so happy for your new found peace.

Jasmine Ellis
01-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Hi Julia, welcome back dear, you did what you had to do hun. And it has came out best for you. Good on you girl.