PDA

View Full Version : Whats your current style?

CrossJess
06-05-2014, 08:09 AM
As the title says gals, we all have a preferred look that dominates over every other look in our wardrobe or do you go through phases of wearing certain styles like the modern look, business look, classy, rock, gothic etc

Emo / Rock / skater chick look would probably describe my look I do wear a lot of super skinny jeans, denim short shorts with rips and tight tops with all sorts of jingly bits hanging off me it's the style I've adopted for as long as I can remember, I do have quite a mixed bag in terms of what I can choose to wear in my wardrobe from dresses, skirts and all that jazz, but the emo look dominates me :)

Jaylyn
06-05-2014, 08:12 AM
I guess my look is just a woman of ill repute. I can start out just dressing and by the time I finish I have way to much makeup on and end up with my short mini tallest heels thigh highs and a low revealing top with my forms hanging out.

Katey888
06-05-2014, 09:07 AM
I dunno Jess... bit of a mixed bag and I'd have to defer to the fashionistas here to describe it correctly...

If I was being generous to myself I'd say: middle-aged chic (dream on, Katey...;))

Someone being less charitable (and more accurate) might say: pre-owned 90s revivalist :eek:

I think now I'd rather not think about it too much... :lol:

Katey x

monica.missil
06-05-2014, 09:14 AM
As I am getting older, I am searching for my look. I don't want to wear a style that would get me noticed in the wrong way, but I am not ready for the granny look either.

Teresa
06-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Most of the time around the house if I'm busy keeping things right I guess I'm a smart housewife, not tarty ! Strangely if I was caught dressed I would prefer not to be tarty, that's why the maid outfits don't get used as much, I guess these days I relate it to how stupid do I choose to look ! If I get the chance I will slip the denim mini and top on to sit in the sun but I can't see the point of being caught wearing GGs trousers I may as well stay under-dressed !

AllieSF
06-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Eclectic! Whatever strikes my fancy as a desire to try on and wear out. Some of my items and looks do not last long because they do not work out so well, while others are nice to return to on a regular or periodic basis. 60 plus years in guy mode and now I have so many choices and looks that I like on others. It is now my time to experiment and enjoy, even if the look isn't perfect. I am having a lot of fun experimenting.

typhoidmary
06-05-2014, 02:24 PM
My style is androgynous rather than overtly feminine, and quite gothic but not in an extreme way. I mostly wear black and I love lace on anything. I get called a goth a lot and I don't mind, but I've never been that comfortable using labels like that on myself, not sure why. I do rock the casual look quite often though, lots of skinny jeans and women's band tees. My makeup on the other hand tends to be pretty OTT XD

Cheryl T
06-05-2014, 02:50 PM
Currently I'm a pretty casual gal, but when I do dress up I've been told it's "Corporate Naughty".

Gwinnie
06-05-2014, 03:40 PM
I'd say the 80's. The 1880's. The longer and fuller the skirt the better. And big soft useless puffy sleeves. And ruffles. Lots of ruffles. Can I move? yes? Then add another layer

Gwendolyn

Farrah
06-05-2014, 04:28 PM
My style is conservative/trendy. I'm 36, so I don't want to dress like a teenager, nor a senior citizen. I wear the stylish clothes, my age and size (plus size) range!

Sc0rp10N
06-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Just sexy/sl*tty. Its what I like to look AT so its what I like to look LIKE.

ArleneRaquel
06-05-2014, 05:10 PM
My usual, which is supper sexy, at least I think I dress that way. Without nmy specs I can't see a thing. I do dress younger than my years, which is 66.

Renee Elise
06-05-2014, 05:36 PM
Great topic...my style is probably best described as classy elegant. Some of my outfits could definitely work in the business world, some are for nights out and some are a bit more on the casual side...one of these days will have to work from home en femme ;). As I get better at this I will have to share more pics.

Jaymees22
06-05-2014, 05:46 PM
My current style is trying to dress a little closer to my own age, but not all that close. I'm on a long dress kick at the moment. Also find myself in leggings and long tops too. I try to emulate real estate ladies or decorators.

Kate Simmons
06-05-2014, 06:00 PM
My current style for Summer includes caftans, loungers, slips and camis and implies "freedom". :battingeyelashes::)

Christen
06-05-2014, 06:27 PM
I like to think my style could be described as elegant, probably conservative elegance.

Christen x

Linda Stockings
06-05-2014, 06:28 PM
When I can find ones that fit really well, I usually dress pretty starched business, but keep the skirtsuits form fitted, knee length or shorter, and my heels tend to be too high for an office. But having worked in office settings for about 30 years, I saw lots of executive high level business women OCCASIONALLY rocking an expensive skirtsuit, with the skirt short enough to see the control top of their Donna Karen pantyhose when they sat down, dipping their feet in and out of their 5 inch Christian Laboutans. They were hot, not afraid to attract some looks, and wow, I loved it! Everyone kept the conversations and behavior very professional. Those ladies were not shy about looking like attractive women. I loved their look, nice clothes, and very professional, just very close to the edge. I try to go for the nice knockoff brands (= affordable) in-style suits, and maybe splurge on some sexy 4 1/2 inch Steve Madden, Vince Camuto, or Sam Edelman classic pumps. Generally in a conservative, but still sexy black or nude. I just don't have the legs, figure, or skill at doing my hair or makeup well enough to even make it blend well. I think most jerks and maybe the police are more likely to leave us alone if we look professional. I really don't know, just hopeful thinking. The time I was very verbally and almost physically harassed was by a very bored plain clothed mall cop.

What do you all think?
Sorry for being so wordy.

Linda

WhisperTV
06-05-2014, 06:31 PM
Mostly casual.

The sexual aspect of CDing started to fade after about 1 month for me. Now it's more of a psychological activity.

Tracii G
06-05-2014, 06:38 PM
Most of the time casual like jeans,casual tops and flats.Sometimes colored capris and a nice print top,sandals.
I can go all out and do the office look but not very often.
Super frilly? I tried and I look ridiculous. Tried the my age group (62) looked OK but I felt way too frumpy.
If I dress up its slacks a nice top and jacket or shrug, heels, accessories and a matching purse.

Jilmac
06-05-2014, 09:56 PM
At my present age, my style is more "old broad" than anything else.

Adriana Moretti
06-05-2014, 09:56 PM
does comfortable count as a style??...cause thats my favorite. ...with the weather getting warm its more about wearing as little as possible and showing skin. skirts,shorts, tanks,crops etc....my style changes constantly though it keeps things fresh....and its fun....

jayme357
06-05-2014, 10:08 PM
I try to dress as a classy lady. I can vary from that when I want to have fun but for the most part I think of myself as a lady anyone would be proud to be seen with. When I am entertaining my long time admirer all bets are offs.

suchacutie
06-05-2014, 10:12 PM
I'm not sure Tina has a preferred style yet. In general she's NOT casual, that's for sure. Even with the occasional jeans she's in heels and makeup for sure!

She certainly dresses to show off her legs, whether in pants, leggings, or dresses.

Hmm, maybe Tina should ask her girlfriend for the answer (my wife). Heck, that's what I do in guy mode!

:)

prene
06-05-2014, 11:34 PM
I started out being curvy and very sexy.

Then I went to sexy and busty,

Now I just want to blend in, nothing to busty or sexy. I want to stay very feminine but a girl next door look.

I am more comfortable being feminine and do not like to get to much attention when I do go out ... not that I have done that to often.

I wonder does that mean anything?
What do u think?

Diane Smith
06-05-2014, 11:35 PM
I like AllieSF's term, "eccentric." I often say "trendy gallery owner" because I wear a combination of quality, conservative clothes with a few sharp edges. Jackie Kennedy with long red nails and a nose ring, if you will.

- Diane

PaulaQ
06-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Soccer mom - not a MILF though.

KaceyR
06-05-2014, 11:57 PM
I dunno. Mines more a "dresses too much younger for her age" kinda style :)
Shorter skirts, dresses, in like to show my legs (best part) and yeah then can get into a bit of the tarty side.
Real short shorts that flash a touch of the rear, etc to sexier hosiery with corsets...just wish I had real something on top to fill the corset tops rather than forms.
Oh I dress a bit more normal when out and about, but even then it's probably what someone 10-15 or more younger than reality would wear.

amyjacks2014
06-06-2014, 01:37 AM
^.^

My current style, which is only do-able because I work in an indoor building,
is short-sleeve shirts and long skirts that go down to just above my shoes,
or one-piece dresses that do pretty much the same thing.

I am glad it is getting into summer.

Amy M. Jackson

Beverley Sims
06-06-2014, 02:34 AM
Style is something that is constantly evolving.
I always experiment with different styles and settle on one thing for a short time.

Kate's at home
06-06-2014, 06:16 AM
In summer with the heat and humidity, it's lightweight cotton, cotton/linen blend or rayon and somewhat loose fitting maxi dresses, simple but comfy flats, and maybe a light cotton or rayon cardi. And a very lightweight slip under to finish the flow and feel. Simple silver and understated jewelry. If I were to go out, looks that would fit anywhere short of something formal. Simple, casual classic, and very feminine.

Kate

Hell on Heels
06-06-2014, 06:30 AM
Hell-o Jess, I have plenty of pic posts that show a variety of styles. I wouldn't say that it's always changing, but it's more that I like all kinds of fashion (as long as HEELS are involved). I'm trying to get over the heels thing, but there are more pressing things at the moment. And really who can say their over heels?
Much Love,
Kristyn

Vanessa5
06-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Although I have some more provacative clothes, I prefer business casual. I like the polished look of business women.

Tracy Hazel Lee
06-06-2014, 04:51 PM
I generally look for clothing that attracts me and at the same time I know will minimize/hide my male features while trying to flatter what I do have. That being said, I can't really put a name on what style I go for... I go back and forth between girl-next-door summer dresses to sexy business/professional... Still my two favorite looks.

At least 85% of my wardrobe consists of various length dresses (I LOVE the printed dress). The shortest being just above mid-thigh, and the longest being knee level. I don't have any skirts or dresses that go to my feet. I consider my legs one of my most feminine traits when dressed, so hiding them is strictly prohibited. VERY occasionally I will wear leggings, but not very often at all. But at least the shape of my legs are still visible when wearing them.

The rest of my clothing is a handful of skirts and tops, and a few business suits. No pants, jeans, or shorts. I have a few sweaters, but they are stretchy enough to be close fitting. I will not wear anything that hangs off of me. All my clothing needs to fit as close as possible without being too small or too tight.

While I most definitely love a professionally dressed woman, and I used to dress very frequently in business suits, my love of the dress has allowed it conquer my list of favorites. And has sat at the top for the last 10 years or so. I still bust out the suits, usually when the weather starts getting cooler.

I don't own a pair of shoes with a heel shorter than 2 inches. But I don't go for the ultra high heels either. (Nothing higher than probably 4 inches) Not very many sandal type shoes, mostly closed toe, or peep toe. I love patent leather, in any color. When picking between a model of shoe that is in various colors, I will always opt for the patent ones. I don't know why, but I have always been attracted to shiny shoes.

As for jewelry, mostly earrings and a couple of necklaces. I have a couple pair of largish hooped earrings, but I don't wear them as often as smaller pairs. The rest are smaller and understated. Almost always silver. If not silver, then a color of some kind. I don't have any gold jewelry.

BLUE ORCHID
06-06-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi Jess, With my large collection I can change my style every day to suite my whim.

Janine cd
06-06-2014, 09:01 PM
My current fashion choices are pretty much in line with my age. I love maxi-dresses and longer skirts. I love puffy sleeves and lace trim.

sometimes_miss
06-07-2014, 02:38 AM
Whats your current style?
My femme psyche is stuck as a 14 y/o girl, so pick whatever you'd find in the junior's, or young miss section of your local clothing stores. Then simply double it in size.

dana digs sweaters
06-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Non-F MILF

What's appealing and comfortable.
Heels of course. No flats.

Avrial
06-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Simple. Casual. Athletic.

Solid colors, no jewelry, and simple "staple" pieces that every mid-20's girl owns. It might sound boring to many of you, but it's totally me. I have fun blending genders and am happy with an androgynous look. Today was a black T-shirt, 3" khaki shorts, and black flip flops.

Pink Susan
06-08-2014, 10:09 PM
At home in private , its pink and more pink , very pretty and feminine , fluffy pink cardigan , pink skirt , tan pantyhose , pink and white underwear. Nice make-up.
I love how it makes me feel , I'm calm and content

Wish every day was like this

lovetobedani
06-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Would say that I drift towards the career woman more than anything else. But when not working comfortable feminine, and elegant casual.

MssHyde
06-09-2014, 07:43 PM
I guess my comfort zone is country girl, maybe biker babe when the moon is full..

Carmen de Rafael
06-10-2014, 03:26 PM
My style changes by the season. Fall and winter is chic. Spring and summer more casual. These days it is tank tops, short shorts or casual mini skirts, plus pantyhose.

One style I keep year round is the club wear. I love wearing those body hugging club dresses with pantyhose and heels.

Richelle
06-10-2014, 06:14 PM
It really depends upon what I am doing, but basically what the current style is for middle aged women. For example, this last Saturday, I went and had my hair styled as Richelle at the local Ultra solon. As with most women there, I had on flat sandals to walk at the mall in, shorts and a long print top with some bling.

Richelle

Melissa18
06-11-2014, 01:28 AM
Hi Jess,
My style, middle aged elegant, bordering on wife of the lord of the manor. Though i do like to wear a flowing floral summer dress.

kellyanne
06-11-2014, 07:28 AM
I use the 3 learned in business : formal, smart casual and casual.
at 52, I wear the skimpies and crop tops around the house but my fave lookis a pencil skirted modern secretary showing no cleavage.

audreyinalbany
06-11-2014, 12:11 PM
late middle aged Mom type/ Only difference is that, unlike most of the gg's I know, i sometimes wear dresses or skirts.

cdterri
06-11-2014, 12:27 PM
Knee length or just above the knee cotton dresses and skirts, cotton tees, short tight sweaters or crops, no heels some flats but mostly sandals.

pattysues
06-15-2014, 12:31 AM
From what my wife said the other night,"You would be dangerous as a women". So I'm going with somewhat sl*ty cougar. Tight dresses, tight short skirts and a top that goes with the skirt, and high heels of course...

natcrys
06-15-2014, 05:00 AM
My looks are all over the place! I love the whole smart casual look.. skinny jeans, top and a jacket.. with either boots or nice pumps.

But a party dress or a cute skirt/top combo also does it for me! And I do love me the business style as well!

So my current style would be all of the above. :)

Marcelle
06-15-2014, 05:40 AM
Hi Jess. My style is about blending in when I am out so I stick to casual outfits I would see GGs in my age bracket wearing. I wear a lot of jeans and tops, sweaters, shorts and the odd dress (depending on the occasion). For me the whole intent is not to draw attention with my particular style.

Hugs

Isha

prettytoes
06-15-2014, 07:16 AM
Country girl here...I dress much younger than I am, though. Denim mini skirts and plaid or gingham cap sleeve blouses or tank/halter tops for me.

Jillian Faith
06-15-2014, 08:30 AM
I call my style "Sexy Soccer Mom". I'm 55 but think when dressed I can pass as a 40 something soccer mom. I don't go clubbing so most of my time out is during the day doing errands, I dress to blend in with the other moms with a slight edge (not ****ty but not frumpy either) going grocery shopping or shopping at the mall.

KristinaP
06-15-2014, 10:31 AM
I'm a big gurl in a somewhat remote area so it's mostly online shopping. I think most things from woman within is too frumpy, and can't say I care for Lane Bryant. All my current clothing is from Holy Clothing- love them!!

Stephanie47
06-15-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm a child of the 1950's and 1960's. During that time period the women around me and on television only wore dresses. I only wear dresses. Due to my six foot height there aren't too many readily available dress available with a natural waist. My dresses are predominantly empire waist or sheath dresses. I always wear a pair of heels and hosiery. What I wear around the house would be appropriate in a business setting.

Richelle423
06-15-2014, 02:10 PM
I say act your shoe size and not your age!!!!! LOL. My current style is skinny jeans or jeggings with a little loose fit so I don't look too girley when I go out with my SO who disagrees what I do.

AKADonna
06-15-2014, 02:33 PM
Being 70 years old and being 240lbs, I try to 'blend in' to my surroundings as a matronly, slightly overweight, grey haired lady! It's really has worked well for me and I donlt care what others may think!

alexakennard
06-15-2014, 02:40 PM
I'm a huge lover of heels and stockings. Right now I'm just cross dressing at home, so my styles are experimental. My favorite style is my Victoria's Secret leggings, a sweatshirt, and Uggs. :) But I am in the process of heel shopping to go along with some party dresses I got. I love dressing up high class and feeling sexy.

KaylaRoxx
06-16-2014, 01:02 AM
I've been a metalhead as long as i can remember, ever since i first heard Motorhead and that kinda thing on a skateboarding video game when i was like what, 4 years old?? and then when i got just a little older i got my first real skateboard. and the metalhead/skater style shows whether im dressed as a boy or a girl. lot's of black and band t-shirts, really skinny jeans (only when im dressed as a girl though) heavy eyeliner and colored hair. i geuss you could call my style rocker/emo/scene that kinda thing. I can't stand heels, and i don't particularly like really sheer stockings or lacey things either. Nope, ill take skate shoes, striped leggings, and leather over that any day. not a big fan of bright colors in general, especially with my makeup.

Jean. Ann
06-16-2014, 07:24 AM
Shorts tee tops and sandles for the summer

Jean Ann

Georgina
06-16-2014, 07:36 AM
Growing up in the fifties and sixties I adored the fashions of that era especially skirt suits. I wear mostly skirt suits in that style and vintage if I can get them. I also wear stockings and heels. While I prefer skirt suits I also wear vintage dresses with vintage underwear.

bill1962
06-18-2014, 01:30 PM
I don't think that I have a real style. As others on here have said, I'm all over the place depending on how I'm feeling.

School girl look (plaid mini), secretary (pencil skirt and blouse), etc. Whatever strikes my fancy.

Saepe
06-18-2014, 02:49 PM
Lots of black and white, occasionally with pink or blue accents. Black skinny jeans or a plain skirt, and a t-shirt on top.

franlee
06-18-2014, 06:24 PM
You asked for "current" style so I have to say it is "50 year old housewife" occasional skirt or dress with nice blouse, but mostly shorts, jeans, slacks and button or pull over blouses and most of these 3/4 sleeves year-round with sandals or tennis'. And very light makeup and simple jewelry. My hair is long enough to blend without the wig for most occasions where I go.

AKADonna
06-18-2014, 10:18 PM
Since I'm 70 yrs old and a little on the heavy side, my dressing style is what I would call "Matronly" . Rather than dressing to "Stand Out", I prefer to attempt to "blend in" with women my age. So, I wear a grey wig, demure makeup, classy jewelry, modest boobs, tops that hang loosely & skirts that are slightly above the knee. Because of my 6'1" height, I tend to wear flats rather than heels. Looking and feeling feminine is really important for me!

Felicia Dee
06-18-2014, 10:59 PM
My style tends to be the girl equivalent of boy me... punkish. I like comic tees, capris, sneakers or boots... black and red is my main pallet... For fancy times, I go for more pinup couture: swing dress, pencil skirts... given all my tattoos, my look is akin to a more toned down version of model mayhem or the suicide girls.

CrossJess
06-19-2014, 06:37 AM
and I donlt care what others may think!

That's a wonderful attitude to have Donna :)

Byron
06-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Goth/Punk/edgy somewhere in that department. I have the same style when not en-fem so I guess I get the best of both worlds. :D

Simone_40
06-19-2014, 09:47 AM
CrossJess, for me, CLASSY is my style.
But, when Simone is NAUGHTY, then it's Leather EVERYTHING for FUN BDSM!:dom:
Kisses,
Simone