PDA

View Full Version : Cadens Orlando Outing

Caden Lane
06-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Hi y'all! Sorry I haven't been around much, but took bit of hiatus from here while trying to get my local CD Sorority up and running. So anyhow, in the meantime, I've had my first actual outing and a second outing to the beach. This post is strictly about the Orlando trip, as there wasn't much to tell on the beach trip. Anyhow, here we go:

My first outing report.

Okay, so it was literally my first outing as Caden. I've never gone anywhere as Caden before this. Usually plans I made would get squashed or fall through. It was never really about a mental block or getting to that front door and freezing.

But my wonderful girl friend asked me if I'd like to take the opportunity to do it, so I jumped at the chance. She is like the best I could have ever hoped for in a partner. Anyhow, we'd been planning a two day trip to Disney World. Four parks in two days, it CAN be done, even in Memorial Day. You just have to be an avid fan like she and I.

Anyhow, she had asked me if I'd like to ride home from Disney as Caden. It'd mean changing in the car after dinner before we got home, but the opportunity was there, so I took it. So Monday and Tuesday we did the parks, and Wednesday was our travel day. Most of the weekend, we were able to joke and have fun with Caden's coming road trip. My favorite joke was that at Disney we all have a little Princess in us all. I was certainly feeling that way at least.

I woke up early of course, and began my routine of getting ready. By one one o'clock we were dressed, packed and leaving out the door. Had to drive her car wearing heels to get it to the curb to pick up luggage, which was a first. And apparently I don't travel light as Caden or my drab self.

First order of business was to go by the hotel gift shop to get my traditional hat. But tradition went out the door because I'd never done it as Caden. It felt so liberating to walk around the resort dressed as Caden. Staff were easy going and receptive as well. None of the other patrons seemed to even notice.

I found my hat, as well as a Minnie Mouse bow charm and a pink crystal mouse charm for the charm bracelet my girlfriend lets me use. I also bought a Minnie silhouette pin for my pin trading lanyard. All to commemorate my trip as Caden.

Earlier in the trip my girlfriend and I even discussed going to Disney as Caden. But time will tell. So anyhow, we finished shopping, checked out of the hotel and were on our way to a crossdresser boutique in Orlando called Ritzy Rags Wigs and More. If ever in Orlando, and wanting a wig, that's a good place. I certainly got a feel they wouldn't ever sell me a bad wig. Even their low end wigs were nice. The staff had me set up great by my second wig. They didn't let me leave the store until I knew the proper care of the wig, provided me with a sheet to remind me and were sooooooo helpful.

They had limited stock on other accessories. But they were able to help me properly size for my shoes. Turns out I'd been buying and wearing the wrong size. Also bought some new foundation the owner recommended. Will add the name to my post when I can recall the name. She said that it has the right red colors to hide the blue from beard shadow. She told me to drop kick my dermablend to the curb. Said it wasn't the same since they reformulated. The owner is a famous local drag queen in Orlando. She also recommended a Ben Nye setting powder that gave my skin a much healthier glow and made it seem more lifelike and vibrant. Will post the color when I remember it as well.

So we left Orlando with me wearing my new wig, and headed to Jacksonville for dinner. We went to PF Changs. Had my First Ladies room moment there. OMG, if you are going to wear hose and a dress, practice juggling the panties, hose, dress and sweater before trying it in public. I had never even thought about it until I was actually doing it. But that went smoothly. Got to our table, ordered dinner. Well girlfriend did since I was worried about being carded and my voice. I did turn a few heads, so I know I was clocked. But the ladies were at least polite. The waiter repeatedly called me miss and us ladies. So if he knew he never batted an eye.

Once back in the car, Caden had to leave. And after a full day as her, it was hard to let it go. But it gave me resolve that as easy as that day was, there can and always will be other days. Some better, some worse. But they are all worthwhile experiences to be had. All we can do is create the opportunity and reap the rewards. I feel blessed and rewarded by the day that my beautiful girlfriend have me that day. As far as first outings go, it was simple and fun, lighthearted and an awesome experience I will treasure forever. Thank you Honey.
Me at our resort before leaving.

Me at the wig shop with the wig I wore in.

The first wig I tried on. Still love it, wanna get it, and will get it. But the second one I absolutely loved.

Caden Lane
06-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Second wig I tried...and LOVED!

Me in the car...which was still a pretty big deal for me! and traveling in a dress rules! Its way better than shorts or pants.

Me being goofy.

Caden Lane
06-05-2014, 03:05 PM
And last but not least, me at dinner at PF CHangs. A huge deal for me. But I survived.

Katey888
06-05-2014, 03:13 PM
Caden.... That is a gorgeous write-up about a great time and a gorgeous you! :cheer:

You have such a sweet GF - how lucky are you and how cool is that experience.... and a great choice of wig(s) too! :cool:

It's so good I'm gonna go read it again!

Katey x

Caden Lane
06-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Thanks hon! I've been building up to it for a long time. And she picked a marvelous way to let me step out into the world. I think she even set things up so I wouldn't have a chance to back out, because she got us a late check out, and oddly enough, we were pushing the clock on the way out the door, so I couldn't have backed out if I had wanted to...lol

Farrah
06-05-2014, 04:51 PM
I soooo love your outfit. I like the second wig too! You should get it, girl!

Julie Denier
06-05-2014, 05:01 PM
What a wonderful outing, and so great you could share it with your SO! And you look terrific! I recently experienced my first time out dressed, and it is an experience never to be forgotten ;)

Beverley Sims
06-06-2014, 03:35 AM
Caden what a good opportunity and you were able to take full advantage of the situation.

A wonderful time and good service by the wig boutique.

bridget thronton
06-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Both wigs suit your face very well. Thanks for sharing.

Caden Lane
06-06-2014, 10:51 AM
I did! I bought it on the spot and wore it home. Lol.