PDA

View Full Version : I am my own Wife

sabrinaedwards
06-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Today is the 10th anniverary of this play receiving a Tony Award. I have never seen the play or heard much about it. I know that the star is a crossdresser and I read a synopsis of the play on the internet. Has anyone seen a performance of this play? It sounds interesting.

Beverley Sims
06-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Not seen it but your post does illicit a comment.

Being your own wife you must be able to enjoy complete acceptance of your dressing. :)

Kate Simmons
06-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Don't know about being my own "wife". I do know that I'm my own Grandpa. ;):)

Hermana
06-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Don't know about the play, but I had to become my own wife on a trading site Downunder a few years ago. I was selling goods online and became rather too successful at it for one of my competitors, so he whispered some slander in the the ears of the site administrator and I was taken off line - guilty until proven innocent. So - with a quick check of my lingerie under my male outerwear, I signed on as a new female member, the wife of - er - me! And blow me down if I didn't sell more than my - er - "husband". Sometimes the shoppers just like to deal with a gal... :)

Allisa
06-21-2014, 01:58 PM
I don't know of the play but I am constantly told I would make a good wife for someone. And I still don't know how to take it, good or bad?

windycissy
06-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Yes, I saw it at the B Street Theatre in Sacramento a few years ago, and it was very moving. The actor/actress wasn't overly dolled up - she wore a long black dress and a headscarf - but her femininity and other powerful emotions came through.

BLUE ORCHID
06-22-2014, 06:38 AM
With my wife's health I have taken over so many household chores that I feel like a house wife.

Carrie R
06-22-2014, 06:56 AM
I am also my own wife, how do I know? Always have a freakin' headache!

EllenJo
06-22-2014, 07:36 AM
With my wife's health I have taken over so many household chores that I feel like a house wife.

Blue Orchid you just described my life also, my wife even refers to me as Suzy Homemaker as I clean the house wearing a skirt. I don't think I am ready to be my own wife, I want to keep the one I have.