PDA

View Full Version : Closeted no more

Danitgirl1
06-06-2014, 03:21 PM
So, I came out to my wonderful wife tonight.
She was remarkably cool about it all. No tears, very supportive and caring.
It is a load off my conscience and I am reminded just how lucky I a,.
We have both agreed to not tell anyone else,but her knowing is a huge relief.
Not sure where we go from here but she still wants to be my wife and still loves me which is cool.

NicoleScott
06-06-2014, 04:06 PM
We have both agreed to not tell anyone else...

Well, you're still in the closet, but she's in there with you.
Same with me. My wife knows, but we both agree that others need not know.

kimdl93
06-06-2014, 04:45 PM
Don't worry about the destination. Agree to the trip together. It's much more enjoyable than traveling alone.

Sarah Doepner
06-06-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm pleased to read this. Not having to hide this from the most important person in your life is an incredible relief. I can't tell you how much more relaxed I was once my wife and I had come to terms about my crossdressing. Buy her some flowers.

heatherdress
06-06-2014, 06:16 PM
Daniella - Good for you - and for your wife. Don't worry about where you go from here. It is how you go that is important. Go together. Discover. Have fun. Re-assure. Communicate. You have a chance to increase your intimacy and become even closer than you ever were. Go slow. Communicate. Enjoy. Good luck.

MeganDay
06-06-2014, 06:26 PM

Exactly! Your closet got a bit bigger, and now you have some wonderful company in there with you! :)

I think I'll always be closeted to some extent. There's people in my life I simply have no interest in telling. So I have a nice comfy closet that I let a few really good friends in with me, along with my lovely, loving wife. Works for us :)

Megan

Princess Grandpa
06-06-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm really happy it went so well for you! To not have to hide a part of you... Enjoy the journey together. Remember not to let your new found freedom go too crazy. Again I'm very happy for you!

Hug
Rita

Jenniferathome
06-06-2014, 06:49 PM
Well done! More proof that women have an incredible capacity to accept and that telling a wife can be done.

hope springs
06-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Congrats danit.. it can be a huge step to tell your wife. And a tremendous relief when she doesnt lose her mind.
My wife and I are going shopping for only the second time this sunday. We are both looking forward to it.
Be honest and open with your wife and hopefully all else falls into place. The best of luck and sincerest well wishes on this amazing journey

BLUE ORCHID
06-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi Dainella, Ok, The ball is in her court now just don't overwhelm her with it.

Genny B
06-06-2014, 08:54 PM

And all of us? LOL
Genny B

Nadine Spirit
06-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Good for you. And I am of the opinion that the only one that needs to know is a wife.

Marcelle
06-06-2014, 09:23 PM
Hi there . . . I am so happy for you. My advice now that the kitty is out of the bag . . . communication. This will help things go smoother as you progress.

Hugs

Isha

Sc0rp10N
06-06-2014, 10:15 PM
I've only been a member here for a short time but it's easy to see there is a huge variation in LEVELS of cross dressing. I guess for my wife and I, it's not so much "in" or "out" of the closet as it is just not anyone else's business.

Teresa
06-07-2014, 05:31 AM
Now you've taken that step and feel a weight has fallen off you take it steady ! All the implications may not have hit your wife yet so don't push too hard. I've made good progress with my wife so it made me want more freedom with my Cding but the problem was there were no ground rules ! How far was too far ? Basically my need is to share it with my wife, which is probably not going to happen, I have driven out dressed but really don't know if I have the need to be out dressed , Cding is meant to relieve stress but worrying about being passable and having to work on your voice and walk all sounds stressful to me.

Jane P
06-07-2014, 06:26 AM
I talked with my wife about my cross dressing recently , and while it went well , it seems things have gone back to don't ask don't tell . I remain hopeful that she will want to know more about this and me and us , but so far it has pretty much gone back to how it was but without the stress of her finding out .

The other day she was working from home and it was my day off . First thing in the morning she told me she had something she wanted to talk to me about . I of course thought she wanted to discuss our relationship as this was the first time since that where we would have time together without our son at home . I felt slightly nervous about it for most of the morning and when she finally had a break from her work she asked me to have a seat and went on to tell me what was on her mind . It was nothing at all about my dressing and I felt both relief and disappointment , but sat and listened to her news and was supportive of her ideas , and that was it , back to work .

Last night she was showing me a ring she had won from a jewelry party , a simple silver ring feminine but not overtly so , she showed me that it was too big for any of her fingers , then packed it back in the box and told me she was going to give it to her lady friend whom was was meeting that night as she likes jewelry and would wear a ring like that . Again I smiled and said that's nice I'm sure she will like it . Again I felt just a pang of disappointment as I thought she was going to offer it to me .

Ah we'll ,it is what it is . Good luck to you and your wife .

Teresa
06-07-2014, 09:26 AM
Jonnie your situation reads the same as mine ! I know my wife was thinking he'll have to get on with it, but it does leave you feeling in limbo.
I did have another talk about these feelings and wanting some ground rules but I do want to be more open with her. I really can't see what harm it will do if we talk about clothes and similar subjects.
Offering you that ring would have been a nice gesture of acceptance .

Danitgirl1
06-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Thanks for all the support everyone.
No weirdness at all today.
So far so good.
Haven't pushed anything, happy to take it as it comes.
I get what you are saying about not REALLY being out of the closet and I suppose I agree, but it really isn't anyone else's business other than my wife's, and mine.
She is great... I love her dearly.

Farrah
06-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Congrats, I'm happy for you!!...I told my wife (well she found out) about a month ago, and after a few conversations about it, our lives have been wonderful. She just mentioned to me the other day about how I've changed. I wish you and your wife best in y'all's closet. Enjoy!! I know I'm enjoying the company in my closet!;)

vicky
06-07-2014, 07:19 PM
It feels so much better when you tell your wife or girlfriend no one else has to know only four people know that I dress maybe some more don't know of just wait until you both go shopping together it is so much fun.

Beverley Sims
06-10-2014, 12:20 PM
It is a great step forward when you can show and tell without adverse repercussions.

satintom
06-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Good for all of you! Still in closet. Love to wear 80's shiny glam poofy sleeved satin bow tie blouses and shiny skirts, satin pantsuits. Love anything fancy femme flimsy, shiny, slippery, shimmery and sexy look and soft, slick feel. Addicted to satin for yrs. Love to discuss

MissTee
06-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Glad to hear it went well. Take it slow and be sure to talk. Like you, only my wife and I know and we both want to keep it that way.