PDA

View Full Version : She Showed Her Hand

Leanne2
06-06-2014, 09:38 PM
My wife and I run a small part time janitorial service. I buy all of our supplies from two suppliers. One of the businesses has a woman in her 50s doing counter sales. Now I don't go there en-fem but my hair is quite feminine and sometimes I wear earrings and lip gloss. I always wear jeans, plain shoes, with a colored T-shirt. And I carry a string purse everywhere I go. I have visited with this lady a lot but she never mentioned my gender.
Two days ago I went in to pick up some can liners that I ordered the week before. The lady couldn't find the liners so the other man working there asked her what the problem was. She said," she ordered can liners last week and now when she came to get them, they are gone." I had no idea that she thought that I was a woman! When she apologized because someone had sold my ordered items, I told her that it was alright; I would check back next week. Then I walked out of the store with a smile on my face. For you see, she hadn't misgendered me at all. Leanne

Persephone
06-07-2014, 02:08 AM
Very cool, Leanne! What a great moment and what a great post!

Hugs,
Persephone.

BLUE ORCHID
06-07-2014, 06:52 AM
Hi Leanne, She calls them as she sees them.

Chari
06-07-2014, 06:58 AM
That incident confirms that you do present more feminine that you thought! Enjoy.

kimdl93
06-07-2014, 10:18 AM
I bet that makes you want to buy more supplies from her! Great customer relations and a morale boost too!

Beverley Sims
06-07-2014, 10:45 AM
A warm fuzzy feeling when that happens.

Leanne2
06-07-2014, 01:48 PM
Thank you all for your kind remarks. Now every time I go in there I'll have to remember to not go all "butch" on her and spoil it. That was the letter U, not the letter i, girls! LOL Leanne