PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ever Have Dry Spells?

WhisperTV
06-08-2014, 01:18 AM
Do you ever have times where you just don't want to CD. Where the urge to do it is gone and you wouldn't do it even if you had the chance?

I don't mean permanently, I mean a dry spell.

monica.missil
06-08-2014, 01:31 AM
yes....I have so little time to myself to be able to dress, and having to hide everything. I sometimes feel its not worth it. Then after going on for a while not dressing , I realize how much a part of me it is and how much I miss it.

Farrah
06-08-2014, 02:06 AM
Yes, I do. Sometimes, its like blah, and I don't feel like going through what it takes to get all dolled up. Sometimes I just want to wear my slacks and polo and call it a day. I can't explain why this happens, but it does. However, when the fog shows up again, WATCH OUT!!

emma30
06-08-2014, 02:47 AM
I do occasionally because im busy too however i have incredible urges of feeling femenine.

Donnagirl
06-08-2014, 03:22 AM
There is definitely a waxing and waning, for me mostly linked to external influences. When work over stresses me, 14 hour days, every thing top priority, critical senior management and me overly grumpy Donna takes a holiday...

The happier I am, the more she comes to the fore...

CrossJess
06-08-2014, 03:54 AM
Lol i got no choice, all my clothes are girls stuff its either that or naked but last i checked there were laws about going out in the nude lol but i never get board of dressing like a girl there are times where i get fed up with what i own i have more clothes than a woman has yet i never find something i want to put on....my sad mood days i like to call it and my colour matching skills and common sense go out the window resulting in me turning into a little madam lol my bf laughs at me which doesnt help hehe

Lynn Marie
06-08-2014, 04:30 AM
No, I don't have "dry spells". I have 2 or 3 weekly activities that I participate in dressed. The rest of my week is in boy mode which is just fine with me. I no longer have that crazy compulsion to dress caused by a real or imagined restriction on my dress up time. Happily I'm my own man, and woman too! I've been here long enough to know to avoid all forms of OCD destructive behaviors. Life gets so much easier when it's balanced.

Karren J
06-08-2014, 10:17 AM
Yes, I'm in one now. It's been a couple of weeks and things have just been too busy. I'll see about this afternoon though.

Katey888
06-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Have done in the past...

The only thing that really suppressed the urge was overwhelming exhaustion brought on by life and all that entails... literally when there was zero energy to be spared... but the urge was still there, it's never really gone completely...

I'd still be thinking about the way women dressed (for both reasons...) even if there was no opportunity to emulate them... :)

Katey x

reb.femme
06-08-2014, 02:19 PM
I'm just about emerging from my longest dry spell as you say, several months worth in fact. I'm on long term steroids, coming down big style now and I swear that is what affected my desire to dress and my libido. Things are definitely on the up :heehee: and I'm actively losing weight and feeling alive again. I have been dressing down from full girl mode until I feel I look totally presentable...I know I know, I'm vain but that's life. I'm planning to hit my local group in July and looking at a night out to London's Wayout Club very shortly. My middle son has stated he would come with me if it helps, however, I really want my wife to come as she loves the dance floor, as do I. :daydreaming:

Rebecca

Alice Torn
06-08-2014, 02:35 PM
When i am really in turmoil, and heavy crises financially broke, family of origin troubles, and religious turmoil, I tend ot not dress. I tend to dress, when pink fog hits, and i am feeling happier.

Julia B
06-08-2014, 04:09 PM
Yes just back from almost two years completely away.

Traceyjo
06-08-2014, 04:24 PM
No it has never happened to me. I never miss an opportunity to dress because the desire is always there and I know how wonderful I will feel.

Brea Lynn
06-08-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm going through a semi-dry spell myself, work being overly taxing (interesting that that's a common thing for the waning, huh?). I say "semi" simply because I'll still dress occasionally, but it's very minimalistic; lounge-wear and no makeup.

Edyta_C
06-08-2014, 06:20 PM
If I am in a period of low stress, like maybe vacation, I have a dry spell. In normal life it is stress reflief so it happens more often.

Edy

BLUE ORCHID
06-08-2014, 06:27 PM
Hi Whisper My dry spells usually last about 12:hrs.

rita63
06-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Usually a period sometimes during the year I stop caring about dressing. Like many other girls I have some dressed activities and I buy a new top and after a week or 2 I'm back dressing every chance I get.

Rebecca Cross Bracer
06-08-2014, 09:51 PM
Yes. Like others I experience dry spells, and am currently in a long one. I had a move coming up w/ my roommate. She was out of town for the weekend so I went all out. After that I purged all of my things as I was worried about unpacking boxes. This was in mid-February and I haven't dressed or really had the desire to since. I know I will want to again, and I know I will again, I just haven't wanted to for a few months now.

sometimes_miss
06-08-2014, 11:19 PM
Probably during the times when I had a girlfriend/wife who I felt loved me. I don't know whether it was because I could successfully suppress the desires subconsciously, or whether being in love, and feeling loved, was what I really wanted and the crossdressing was just a reaction to not feeling loved.

Simone_40
06-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Not me. The urge is constant. No dry desert here, more like Niagara Falls.

Aeslyn
06-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Yes, sort of I guess. I always have the desire, but sometimes it is further in the back of mind and can take a back seat to everything else. Usually it is also when I feel the most lazy.

Tinkerbell-GG
06-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Do you ever have times where you just don't want to CD. Where the urge to do it is gone and you wouldn't do it even if you had the chance?.

And the problem here is..?!?

Maybe my H will have one soon. A girl's gotta dream :)

NavyM2F_WAM
06-09-2014, 01:23 AM
I don't really have any "dry spells". I just don't have much time on my weird and wacky work schedule. I have 2 nights/days on, then 2 off, then 3 on, then 2 off, then 2 on, then 3 off, then it repeats. Hopefully, after I switch back to day shift (end of the month), I will have more time to dress up!

Adriana Moretti
06-09-2014, 01:43 AM
my dry spells are out of my control...i dont cause them...life does..which is why I try to have as little responsobilty in life that I can....no wife..no kids...that kinda thing..it is very freeing...however life will occasionally get in the way. It could be I need to watch my ederly grandfather, or my sisters 3 boys....its just life....but i welcome it...cause 90% of the time..i have the freedom to do whatever I want..and not have to seek somebody elses approval..or get an ok...

AmyGaleRT
06-09-2014, 01:53 AM
I don't really have "dry spells" anymore, for two reasons. First, there are a number of events that go on each month (group meetings, cabaret shows, Majestic Hearts events, etc.) where Amy needs to be present. Second, I find that I start getting cranky if I go without being Amy for too long.

(If nothing else, at least once, I've had to wash all my pants on a particular weekend, and just said "Well, am I a crossdresser or not?" and put on a dress. :D )

- Amy

Pippa A
06-09-2014, 03:29 AM
I definitely get dry spells. They generally last a few days and I haven't really noticed whether they're linked to stress or anything.

For me, they're just times when I simply don't have the desire to dress. no idea why not, just one of those things I guess.

Carrie R
06-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Yup! I live by myself so I get plenty of chances to dress, but it's a lot of work and my job tires me out enough as it is.

Cheryl T
06-09-2014, 08:39 AM
In a word...NO!
I don't ever recall a time in my life when that happened. There have been times when I was unable to do to circumstances beyond my control, but never self-imposed.

heatherdress
06-09-2014, 11:54 AM
Yes. I have ever few hours now and then.

AnneC
06-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Yes, I have had dry spells over the years, but I always come back to it. I guess I am just drawn to it and have come to appreciate it more and more.

Kate Simmons
06-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Since the decision to dress or not to dress is always my choice, I never have "dry spells".:)

Melissa_59
06-09-2014, 01:03 PM
Do you ever have times where you just don't want to CD. Where the urge to do it is gone and you wouldn't do it even if you had the chance?

I don't mean permanently, I mean a dry spell.

I can honestly say I've never had that. The urge is always there. The opportunity often isn't.

~Mel

Alice B
06-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Yes. In one now where I have not dressed since the 1st week of April. Had a couple of chances, but just did not feel like doing it. Now the urge is back and will dress later this week.

Michelle V
06-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Having one now.

NavyM2F_WAM
06-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Sometimes, due to my crazy work schedule, I will force myself to put on a dress and heels, just to sleep in! At least, I get to dress up, even though I don't get much time.

Nikki A.
06-09-2014, 06:51 PM
I'm going through one now. There have been a couple of events that I could have attended and didn't. I'm helping a friend out with a new venture on Sunday's and she told me that if I wanted to come in dressed or just push the drab line a little she was fine with it. One reason is that I don't want to hurt the business and 2 I really haven't been in the mood although I did wear a little translucent bronzer on one day and a bra (I'm between a b-c) under a loose shirt nothing too noticeable but I knew what I was wearing.

Melody1
06-09-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm always a little more reluctant in the summer time, Ive always had big pecs and arms, which is really hard to hide in the summertime in the south. Around the holidays is always tricky too

NavyM2F_WAM
06-10-2014, 07:06 AM
I don't have those kind of problems. I'm not in the best of shape, so I don't have big arms or chest. Speaking of chest, I don't have boobs, even breast forms, so that isn't an issue, either.

GeminaRenee
06-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Oh, you bet. For me, it often seems analogous to a damn bursting. I dress for a while on a regular basis, shoes consume my thoughts, I spend every free moment at Macy's, etc. Then after a while, it feels like all of the energy is depleted, and the guy side of me needs some attention.

The problem that this presents is that sometimes, if I haven't dressed or thought about it for a long time, I may get the notion that purging is a good idea. Well, I have historically, anyways. I'd like to think I know myself well enough this time around to avoid that pitfall, but we'll see.

Really, I think the trick is to learn not to ignore either side of myself for long periods of time, or get overly wrapped up in the more active one. I'm hopeful that better balance will lead to a happier me in the long run.

Donna June
06-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Definitely do. Sometimes for a few days, other times maybe a month or so. Usually what gets me back is just a minor trigger, maybe seeing a pretty woman in a nice dress or skirt and the urge comes rushing back.

Jaylyn
06-10-2014, 08:53 AM
Yes I have dry spells I call them a drought here in in Texas but just like the weather they say here just wait five minutes and it can change. For some reason I don't feel I need to dress all the time. I do enjoy wearing panties anytime and those alone can sometimes trigger a hankering to go put on my makeup and that leads to the bra...... Well you get the idea. When wife and I travel I in our camper I really don't want any thing but my guy shorts, t shirts and flip flops. If we are gone for a week or two I'm fine without dressing. It's really funny how long the dry spell can last, but just like the weather that can change in a heartbeat, I see a beautiful lady wearing something I really like or her make especially lipstick just the right color I feel a tingle of hey I need to dress soon. It's those small triggers that can change me in a second.

Beverley Sims
06-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Years ago, occasionally, today, eight hours whilst at work.