PDA

View Full Version : Restroom Conversation

Persephone
06-08-2014, 02:53 AM
I was at a monthly women's group meeting, about 200 women, and I was in the restroom. When I came out to wash my hands there was another woman at one of the sinks and she began a conversation with me.

Her: "Hi! I've seen you at these meetings many times but we've never met. I'm Linda."

Me: "Nice to meet you, I'm Barbara."

About this time her friend came out of one of the stalls and headed for the sinks.

"Looks like you've made a new friend!" she said.

"Yes, seems like I always meet the nicest people in the ladie's room!" Linda said, "Barbara, this is Sarah."

We greeted each other.

After a bit of chit-chat I said goodbye to them both and headed out.

Hugs,
Persephone (Barbara).

Teresa
06-08-2014, 03:58 AM
Barbara maybe they should install more facilities in the restroom like a mini bar and coffee machine so you could extend your circle of friends !!

amander-
06-08-2014, 04:29 AM
hi there two one and all when i go to the restroom i do my job that i go in for and then i go back out of the restroom .

Leanne2
06-08-2014, 05:32 AM
Persephone, You don't need to transition because you already have! I also use the ladies bathroom but I still worry about my voice. Usually I smile and softly say hi. Then I touch up my makeup and leave. You are so lucky to belong to that women's group. I tried to join the Red Hat Society a few years back and they said absolutely not. Leanne

Marcelle
06-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Hi Barbara,

What a great and normalized experience. I am still a bit skittish using the ladies room (get in, do my thing and get out). Will try to avoid chit chat with a pleasant smile and quick exit.

Hugs

Isha

Eryn
06-08-2014, 02:19 PM
Barbara has that level of self-confidence that allows such things to occur naturally. Developing social connections in the mainstream GG world is definitely a big milestone for a TG person and this is nothing new for Barbara! :)

Tracii G
06-08-2014, 02:25 PM
Pretty much in and out.
Maybe a smile and a hi is all.

Alice Torn
06-08-2014, 02:28 PM
You have more success than most of us all put together! I would be terrified to walk into a ladies room, at seven feet tall in highest heels! I would likely be in handcuffs in a police cruiser, and in my religion, told to leave. You are fortunate in having a loving accepting wife, too. I live a very solitary, loner life. Hope the ezample you set rubs off on many more birth ladies, to accept more of us, who are still hiding.

kimdl93
06-08-2014, 02:55 PM
That's an affirmation in my mind. I've availed myself of more than a few ladies rooms, had a few brief but polite conversations and always left feeling like one of the girls.

BLUE ORCHID
06-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Barbara maybe they should install more facilities in the restroom like a mini bar and coffee machine so you could extend your circle of friends !!

That's priceless!:daydreaming:

Eryn
06-08-2014, 07:59 PM
You have more success than most of us all put together! I would be terrified to walk into a ladies room, at seven feet tall in highest heels!...

You don't *have* to wear your highest heels! I'm 6'2" and normally wear flats or 2-3" wedges and have had no issues at all with using women's restrooms. Once past about 5'10" all of us are perceived as "tall" and the only people I get a second look from are those near my height. Everyone has a mission in the restroom and few are going to delay it by examining anyone else closely.

Persephone
06-10-2014, 01:56 AM
Thanks y'all for the kind words!

If the same thing had happened to me a few years ago I probably would have dropped the soap, forgotten my purse, fled in sheer panic, and hit the ground as my heart came to a complete stop!

What a great and normalized experience.

Persephone, You don't need to transition because you already have!

Thanks, Isha and Leanne!! I can't think of when anyone has said anything nicer!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Beverley Sims
06-10-2014, 01:17 PM
I have had some of those conversations, I used to take it in my stride when twenty but I am more nervous now.
Maybe I don't do it often enough. :)