PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays

PretzelGirl
06-08-2014, 11:01 AM
When someone says it has been a year since they started HRT, others will reply with Happy Birthday. When someone says it has been a year since they went fulltime, others will reply with Happy Birthday. When someone says it has been a year since they had GCS, others will reply with Happy Birthday.

I am sure there will be quite a variance, so it will be interesting. Which of these do you consider a rebirth where you call it a birthday or is it none at all?

Chari
06-08-2014, 11:11 AM
My physical birthdate will always be the same. Other milestones in my life are "anniversaries". Enjoy.

PaulaAnn
06-08-2014, 11:58 AM
Similar to Chari,my physical birth is what it is,physical but I was "reborn " when Paula emerged.It is a spirit/coming of age/coming into the light/gaining inner peace sort of event for me.It was a very emotional time .It still is .
PaulaAnn

Starling
06-08-2014, 01:37 PM
I date my rebirth to the day I joined this site. Many things have have happened since, but regardless of an aborted transition, family horror and serious health challenges, I still treasure my hard-won self-knowledge and, especially, the new friendships I have been blessed with. My true self has emerged here, even if I am severely limited in my opportunities live congruently with it. So for now, this is my life, the only one truly worth living.

:) Lallie

Aprilrain
06-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Yeah my b day is the day I was born from my mama, I can't remember dates to save my life so I sure in time most of the significant dates of my transition will fade to months rather than specific days.

KellyJameson
06-08-2014, 02:32 PM
Since my earliest memories I lived with a type of nervousness and I coud never identify the source of this nervousness.

It is something felt in the body and the blood more than known in the mind and it kept getting worse as I aged until by puberty it was practically killing me, very much like something inside me was poisoning me.

My birthday is when I finally got my hormones under control along with the good things that came out of therapy.

That anxiety chemically created and the anxiety created in my own mind have finally been put to rest.

I don't have a date because it was something that happen in a flow of events but it very much feels like being reborn, but this time "healthy".

All the nervousness that has been my curse is completely gone.

Also how I relate to men and women has changed profoundly and I just realized this recently.

I had a very black and white attitude toward men and women so in a sense did not see them as individuals but always "as a group" but now I see them as individuals so experience their full humanness and diversity.

The hormones cured a type of mind blindness and somehow have deepened and opened up my mind while also freeing me from a nervousness that kept me always searching for something.

It is becoming difficult to remember what I was like before but this "before" and "after" is my birthday.

kimdl93
06-08-2014, 02:43 PM
Ok, cautiously chiming in here as a TG person... I see milestones in my growth...or revelation of self..whatever it is. Not birthdays, but then the increments I've taken seem modest by comparison with the events you describe.

Sara Jessica
06-08-2014, 02:44 PM
Wouldn't it be so cute to send you a birthday card (insert significant event date here) which says "for a girl who's 1" :).

StephanieC
06-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Transition events are all a blur to me. My birth date I can remember

Inna
06-08-2014, 05:18 PM
all those are my Birthdays and therefore I do expect Birthday presents and parties thrown for me in celebration!!!

Frances
06-08-2014, 06:26 PM
Only SRS for me. It truly feels like a birth to me. Whenever I drive by the hospital, I reflect on that connection for a moment.

PretzelGirl
06-08-2014, 08:33 PM
For Inna....:gift:

vikki2020
06-12-2014, 08:24 AM
I've been thinking this way for a while now---my real birthday, and, my "Rebirth-Day". The day I decided to plow ahead, and make this happen! No major event, just the day I turned that mental corner.

Donna Joanne
06-12-2014, 09:05 AM
Since like the Lady Gaga song says "I was born this way", my actual birthday will always be the same. But I can always find a 'reason' to celebrate :cheer: :jumping: :yahoo:

gonegirl
06-12-2014, 09:19 AM
The day that my legal name and legal gender were corrected felt like my real birthday. It is an incredible feeling to stand up and be recognized for who you are.

Rianna Humble
06-12-2014, 09:33 AM
The manager who countersigned my name change for me suggested I should do like the queen (no not Freddy Mercury) and have an actual birthday and an official birthday. Any excuse to celebrate ...

Jorja
06-12-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks Rianna, I now have a clean monitor where I sprayed coffee all over it, Freddy Mercury indeed.

I just use my actual birthday then celebrate all year long so I don't miss those special days in between.

dreamer_2.0
06-12-2014, 10:16 AM
I've been wondering about this lately as the day I believe I'm starting HRT is the same day as my parent's anniversary. Not sure what their thoughts will be on sharing the day with their son's new "birthday".

Janelle_C
06-12-2014, 10:39 AM
A lot of my sisters in my support group look at the name and gender change as their Birthday. I have my court date next month so I haven't experienced that yet. I get very emotional in a good way every time I think about it. It's something I've dreamed of my hole life and now it's almost here.

Nigella
06-12-2014, 11:52 AM
I will always celebrate my "birth" day, the day this body was brought into the world. As others have mentioned, the remainder of the milestones reached on this path will just be an anniversary, that is if I can remember them :doh:

DeeDee1974
06-12-2014, 03:05 PM
I will always consider my true date of birth as my birthday.

I waited to tell my close friends I was transitioning until I was ready to live full time publicly. So I was in around 8 months when I came out. My girlfriends threw me a surprise shower with gifts. It was a nice little party and the more I think about it, it was more like a bachelorette party.

I really don't remember the exact date of the start of hrt. Just that it was fall.

PretzelGirl
06-12-2014, 08:05 PM
And to answer my own post, I believe that I will stick with my birthday (can't beat New Year's Eve for parties). But I am very good about remembering dates, so I will remember my anniversaries. One date is down and three to go. I left off name/gender change off my original post, although those could be separate depending on circumstances. For myself, I will just stick with name as gender isn't changing but is being more exposed and embraced.