PDA

View Full Version : A compliment from a GG

Barbara Ella
06-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Friday night, I went to Chester Street Dance club here in Champaign. Yes it is a gay bar, but who's counting. Went with best friend Taylor, so it was guaranteed not to be a dull evening. We got a table next to the dance floor. No, at my age I don't dance, but love to watch and listen.

There was a group of guys and gals sitting on the ledge next to our table, so they were the closest dancers to us. There was a cute GG in the group. Sometime around 1am she gets my attention, and says "I like you, you are pretty." All I could do was smile very widely, and say thank you.

OK, it was late, and she may have had too much to drink, but that compliment made my week, month you name it.

It felt good, and is a wonderful memory to put away and pull out when I get down.

Thank you sweet lady.

Barbara

kimdl93
06-08-2014, 03:32 PM
That made the night worthwhile!

Julia B
06-08-2014, 03:37 PM
A compliment all the same, very nice.

Tracii G
06-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Such a nice compliment to receive.
That had to make your night for sure.

Renee Elise
That's awesome...getting complimented on your beauty is really a wonderful feeling...gave me a whole new appreciation for what girls feel like when their beauty is recognized, especially if they put a lot of effort into their look.

Farrah
A compliment is a compliment, no matter the circumstances! Cheers to you!

Dressy Girl
06-08-2014, 03:48 PM
I would take the compliment and run with it...smile!!! Did it make you feel more pretty? Boost your confidence?
I would have been flying high as a kite after that compliment.

Have a great day!!!

Dressy Girl

Julie Denier
06-08-2014, 06:16 PM
That's great, Barbara! Gotta love a confidence booster ;)

Hell on Heels
06-08-2014, 06:22 PM
Hell-o Barbara, What a great compliment, drinks or not, sounds like she was being honest with you. What a great night!
Much Love,
Kristyn

BLUE ORCHID
06-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Hi Barb, She just tells it like she see's it.

Kate Simmons
06-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Nothing at all wrong with being told you are pretty Hon. Enjoy it. :)

Denise69
06-08-2014, 08:57 PM
Wow, I cannot believe that place is still open. I was taken there by a girlfriend NYE 1988.... we and the other couple with us were the only straights in the place. Fun time though. No pretenses at all within those walls!

Marcelle
06-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Hi Barbara. What a great story and compliments are always nice regardless of the circumstances.

Hugs

Isha

Erica Marie
06-08-2014, 09:21 PM
It is an awesome feeling. Last spring I was in a similar situation. It was my first ever time out, at a club in Madison Wi. A cute girl came up and talked to me, wanted to dance and didnt give me a second look being a cd. Same with me, she may have been a bit tipsy or she just wanted a dance partner, but it felt good to be accepted for being myself

Rachel Morley
06-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Ok, so lets say it was late, and yes perhaps she may have had too much to drink, but you know what they say, the more drunk you are, the more honest and from the heart your words are. What I'm saying is, being a bit drunk actually might bring out the honestly in a person. :)

Claire Cook
06-09-2014, 05:58 AM
Hi Barbara,

Yes, what a great compliment! By all means take it as it was meant. It's happened to me a couple of times, and the first time I just did not know how to respond, it was so unexpected. Now I know what a GG must feel like when they are complimented on their looks or clothes, and I find myself doing that more whether en femme or en drab.

ArleneRaquel
06-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Darlin, What an uplifting experience. Your telling of this awesome story has made my day a happy one, especially since moring has been a downer for me. Hugs & Love !

Beverley Sims
06-10-2014, 12:56 PM
It is nice to get hit on like that....
Trouble is I am married now. :)

I do need someone to cook and wash for me sometimes. :)

Carmen de Rafael
06-11-2014, 01:20 PM
What a great confidence booster. Gives you reason for a return visit.

AKADonna
06-15-2014, 10:44 PM
Even the smallest of compliments are memorable! I recently went to a hotel en femme and upon entering the lobby, the doorman said, " Good morning, Ma'am!" Realizing what he said, I almost laughed, but then though how nice that felt! Just to be considered as a woman, if even for an instant, was a wonderful feeling! There are polite people in the world!

MissTee
06-15-2014, 11:39 PM
Good for you, girl! Savor the compliment.

BTW, I was stationed down in Rantoul off and on from the mid 70's to early 80's. Champaign was the nearest "big" town and we spent a lot of time there.

CrossJess
06-16-2014, 05:08 AM
Barbara Ella thats a nice compliment to receive, even is she did have to much to drink a compliment is a compliment, it's a nice feeling when you get that, I get more compliments from older guys in there 50s 60s lol dirty old men and one guy said to me once "Ummm!! I wouldn't mind you running around my house, lovely!!" Eeeek! :eek:

VickiTheGamer
06-16-2014, 08:46 AM
That is AWESOME.

SherriePall
06-16-2014, 09:03 AM
1 a.m. or 1 p.m., it doesn't matter what time it is. A wonderful compliment from a GG should be taken as it is and cherished til the next time.

Judith96a
06-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Barbara, enjoy the moment and the compliment.
Judith xx

Paulette
06-16-2014, 06:50 PM
I would be happy with the compliment as long as the person did not have a white cane and dark glasses on. If you have spent the time to get your right, you deserve the compliment. Enjoy and revel in it, they are always few and far between.