PDA

View Full Version : Wait! We have the house to ourselves?

Princess Grandpa
06-11-2014, 12:50 PM
My son and his family got up and out of the house early this morning to run errands. I get a few hours with nobody home but Julie and I. What to wear? No time to be picky. Who knows how long I have. I grab the first dress we bought. It's a cute little pink thing and looks great with the blond wig. Julie is napping and my make up skills still have a long way to go. Therefore there's no make up. But I do like being Rita during the day!

It's been several months since I have been able to wear a dress at home. I go out dancing two to three times a month as Rita. My daily wardrobe is made of ladies garments (no dresses, skirts, forms or wigs). Occasionally I hide in my bedroom in the evenings for a little dress up. I'm not really lacking girl time.

However there is something about going about my regular daily tasks in a dress that is just awesome. When we go out clubbing, that's not real life. It's a magical night of make believe. Balancing my residents books or working on their notes. That's real! Folding the towels or working on the dozens of other chores I have to do in a dress is what I really need sometimes. The clubs are great fun! Our new friends are the most remarkable people. But sitting out back with a cup of coffee enjoying the cool breeze makes Rita feel like more than role playing. Here is where it feels real.

I hope he messages me before coming home like I asked him to. Lol

Hug
Rita

Beverley Sims
06-11-2014, 02:24 PM
Just learn to be a quick change artist. :)

~Joanne~
06-12-2014, 07:33 AM
I am happy that I don't have to do the "supergirl" routine anymore.

Maria in heels
06-12-2014, 07:43 AM
It is a wonderful feeling, and its great that you get to go out as Rita....some of us (me included) are very limited at times, and do not have the freedom that we used to have, but its all good!!

bridget thronton
06-12-2014, 09:01 AM
I agree with you Rita - quite nice to dress when doing routine tasks

MeDeanna
06-13-2014, 05:40 AM
Rita, that's exactly the way I feel.

Thank you for this post.

Marcelle
06-13-2014, 05:50 AM
Hi Rita,

Sounds like a great and normal day. I sometimes like to have Isha time at home just doing everyday things with my wife (normally no make-up). For us it just helps to normalize the experience. Glad to hear you are getting some Rita time.

Hugs

Isha

kimdl93
06-13-2014, 07:08 AM
I agree to some extent. I dislike limiting my dressing to special occassions. I am happiest when I can express it in my everyday life.

BLUE ORCHID
06-13-2014, 07:13 AM
Hi Rita, Any day that you can dress is a great day.