PDA

View Full Version : Should I ?

Cheryl Ann Owens
06-11-2014, 03:56 PM
Today I had a most awesome pedicure with a gal who owns a salon. I originally went there for an ingrown toenail but came out with feet that feel wonderful. She does nails too. I almost spilled out myself but refrained from doing so. We had some great chat. We've know each other many years and my hair stylist used to work for her. My hair stylist knows "me."

I'd love to have "Debbie" do my nails with extensions. Only the convenience store gas station gals would possibly notice as I handed them my money. (They and the manager know my drab self.) And maybe a minimal few others might notice.

I'd love to have nice long nails done in a light pink and not a bright red.

Should I throw all caution to the wind? I'm retired and don't have to face others except my wife who would support me.

Cheryl

BLUE ORCHID
06-11-2014, 04:25 PM
Hi Cheryl, Two things first get a pay at the pump gas card & then get your nails done.

Katey888
06-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Good advice from Blue... :) and the bit about not un-ringing a bell...

Sounds to me like you're looking for encouragement to do this...?

So.... Do what you feel is the right thing to do... :D

Katey x

Robyne Rocks
06-11-2014, 04:32 PM
You should absolutely get your nails did. :-)

Marcelle
06-11-2014, 04:37 PM
Hi Cheryl,

If you are comfortable letting people know then I say you are ready to "go for it". However, if you are concerned some people might find out whom you are not 100% sure you want knowing then I would exercise caution. Once the information is released to a few, it won't be long before the many may get wind of it.

Hugs and let us know which way you decide to go.

Isha

heather88
06-11-2014, 04:43 PM
I agree with the others. I say if youre comfortable then go for it. I myself am 6 foot 4 and 220lbs, ive been out a few times wearing a regular shirt and boots while wearing a floor length denim skirt and never got a word said to me edge wise. i was really suprised about that when i went into advance auto parts wearing that while holding a valve cover and actually had a conversation with the older guy behind me and his son.

Diane Smith
06-11-2014, 05:48 PM
I wear long and sometimes colored nails all the time, and only get compliments from the likes of cashiers and fast-food workers. But it took literally years before I was fully comfortable walking into a new place with my nails visible (thank goodness for pockets), so I understand why you may feel hesitant about it. Only you can judge whether you can handle the attention (mostly positive, but extra attention nevertheless) you will receive.

- Diane

CynthiaD
06-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Get your nails done, dear! I go everywhere with bright red painted nails, in drab usually. Most don't notice, and those that do notice don't care.

heatherdress
06-11-2014, 06:01 PM
You are retired. This is your time. Do it! No one else cares. Have some fun. If your wife is fine and you want to do it - do it!

kimdl93
06-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Ring the darn bell. You have already said your wife would support you and you aren't accountable to an employer. Live your life as you deem appropriate.

Cheryl Ann Owens
06-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Thanks for your encouragement and support ladies! Since we are Facebook friends, I messaged her and hinted that maybe she could do something about the nails on my hands. I was very positive to tell her how much I enjoyed the pedicure. I think she'd enjoy making several dollars and look the other way. I'll let you know how it goes. I haven't heard back from her yet.

Cheryl

Angie G
06-11-2014, 08:21 PM
If your wife would support you who other then her matters. GO for it girl.:hugs:
Angie

NavyM2F_WAM
06-11-2014, 09:34 PM
I so much want a manicure. It is hard doing that in the Navy, as I can't wear nail polish very often.

Beverley Sims
06-12-2014, 12:02 AM
There is the problem of the gas station attendants.

Bea A
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Been getting mine done every 2 weeks since January at my favorite salon. I'm sticking with a safe color called "Bubblebath" in the hard shellacked type. I've been noticed by girls at church and my female co-workers. One just commented the other day to another woman "He has nicer nails than me".