PDA

View Full Version : Alter-Ego

Farrah
06-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I was thinking today, if my femme side is my alter ego. Does anyone feel this way? If so, explain. Just a random thought I guess.

Katey888
06-12-2014, 05:52 PM
Farrah - it depends what you mean by alter ego.. :)

Good ole Wiki defines it as: " a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality."

For me, that isn't quite right... Katey isn't distinct from my original personality; she's me with as much femininity and glam as I can conjour...

Unless you just consider it to be a 'hidden identity' which is true... this is the part that others don't see of me... but it doesn't change me radically, I think - probably just softens me a bit, maybe more relaxed...

How about you? :)

Katey x

Kate Simmons
06-12-2014, 06:05 PM
I have several female alter egos which are residuals from my past lives. They have made me who I am today.:)

amyjacks2014
06-12-2014, 07:53 PM
^.^

In my case, I developed a fractured personality as a result of trying to deal with a childhood trauma. Children's minds are much more flexible, yet fragile in the same time, meaning the mind of a child will do a lot more to try to keep itself together. My presenting personality considered itself female, although I acted male. The male personality was very violent, filled with anger, rage, and hatred, and kept very under control by the female personality.

In 2011, I forgave mother! who had died 14 years earlier. It was that action that essentially removed the source of the negative emotions for the male personality, and it started to weaken. Within two months, the male personality was to the point where unification of the personality was possible. After unification, the personality grew more and more female, until earlier this month, when my gender identification itself was changed. I am completely female, as far as personality goes.

Now I understand how weird all of what I just said sounds. I doubt I could explain it fully and have people understand it completely, just as people in HRT tell me that I can not know what they go through. I just know that I am a woman, and I would not go back to things as they were before.

PS: I am always willing to talk about my former condition, especially if you are into psychology, counseling, or are interested.

Amy M. Jackson

Genny B
06-12-2014, 08:02 PM
Alter ego? That wouldn't have anything to do with the voices I don't hear in my head anymore, right? Do you hear them too?

Genny B

BLUE ORCHID
06-12-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi Farrah, It depends on what outfit and which wig that I am wearing as to which alter ego that I want to be.

Marcelle
06-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Hi Farrah,

Can't say that Isha feels like an alter ego as she is fully integrated into me "the person" that is. Just another part of the whole . . . she just dresses prettier.

Hugs

Isha

Farrah
06-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Well I guess I don't have an alter ego after all. I must agree with you Katey. I've found that Farrah and I are intertwined, basically one in the same. When my wife found out, she hoped that I wouldn't like football anymore. I guess she though I was using football as a cover. I told her, "Nope, Farrah enjoys football too!" Genny, the voices left when I told them they needed to help with some of my bills! :heehee: I also agree with you Isha. Farrah just takes longer to get dressed.;)

Beverley Sims
06-13-2014, 12:53 AM
Today I can be a maid, tomorrow a witch and yesterday, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

I have all the costumes. :)

Cheryl T
06-13-2014, 02:42 AM
For me I would have to say no to "Alter Ego".
This is not some costume or persona I don when the time calls for it. It's Me and a big part of me that I need to express and which finds expression to others by the clothing they see.

Donnagirl
06-13-2014, 03:57 AM
'Alter ego', in probably the comic book, super hero descriptive only.. (Not that I can change in a telephone booth!!!) Donna is me with a different exterior expression. We are not two seperate people, not a voice in my head and not some schizophrenic or bipolar expression.

Donna gives me the ability to express characteristics, feelings and traits that I can not express or are deeply suppressed in 'boy mode'. She is the female side, an essential side, of me that needs the occasional freedom to become the dominant character, albeit in a controlled environment. That freedom releases those suppressed emotions providing the relief, relaxation and other calming influences we all express as feeling when given the chance to dress.

I think that is why the 'need' to dress is so strong. Keeping those feelings and needs bottled up induces stress, and explains, for me why I enjoy each and every chance I get to let Donna take over. Nothing beats the build up, the preparation, decision making, the transformation and the final modelling and review. For me there is a definite tangible sadness changing back...

So Donna is me, I'm Donna but I'm boy me as well.

Kate Simmons
06-13-2014, 04:03 AM
Today I can be a maid, tomorrow a witch and yesterday, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz.

I have all the costumes. :)I would probably be Toto too. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Charla McBee
06-13-2014, 04:15 AM
I know a lot of people try to do this to kind of compartmentalize their CDing, that's not me doing this it's her coming out to play. I tried to see it that way myself a few years ago trying to continue denying my feminine side but it never really worked. I know now that I've always been the same bigender person.

There are subtle personality changes when I experience particularly abrupt gender flips but usually I am a little bit of both and my core beliefs and such never change.

Jaymees22
06-13-2014, 04:38 PM
I think my male side is my alter ego, and my femme side is me.

sometimes_miss
06-14-2014, 11:04 PM
I was thinking today, if my femme side is my alter ego. Does anyone feel this way? If so, explain. Just a random thought I guess.
If you like doing it, then it's not an alter ego. It's you. The whole concept of a separate side of a personality is used by a lot here in order to distance themselves from feminine feelings and behaviors which they really enjoy, but feel uncomfortable with, feeling a sense of shame/embarrassment over, so they often refer to their female behavior as if it were a different person. True multiple personality disorder is a very, very rare thing.

MissTee
06-14-2014, 11:11 PM
"Alter" somewhat insinuates the flip side. So, no. Misty is integrated into the whole me.