PDA

View Full Version : An Unusual "Emergency Bag"

Persephone
06-13-2014, 04:03 AM
I know that a number of folks here routinely carry what I call a "Crash Kit," a bag with some guy stuff so that if something goes wrong or their car needs repair they can, like Superman. run into a phonebooth (good luck finding one of those!) and change into male garb.

I used to carry one, but I don't anymore. I generally rely on WWGGD? -- "What would a GG do?"

Only today I had a problem! I have one "guy lunch" every two weeks when, oddly enough, my boyself heads out for lunch with a guy friend (old habits die hard). Today was that day. But my spouse was taking one of our GG friends to an appointment and in the evening the three of us (with me back in femme of course) were going out for the evening. Well, our friend showed up with her evening outfit with her. She's having some repairs done at her place and figured she'd change at our place, which seemed to mean she'd be around all day!

My spouse texted me about the wrinkle in our plans. So how to sneak out in guy mode? They left for the appointment before me and, as I put on male garb the answer came to me -- how about a female crash bag? Quickly shoes, femme jeans (sorry Karren!), top, panties and bra went into the bag, makeup is always in my purse. But I had terrible visions of trying to get dressed in the back of my car.

Then it dawned on me -- my guy friend has become comfortable with me both ways, I could change at his house!

Fortunately, by the time we got back to his house the whole thing was a non-event, our GG friend had decided to go back to her place, change there, and then come back. So I was comfortably back in femme mode before she returned and we headed out to our event and dinner.

Here's what I wore for the evening, the top is a very sparkly sequinned green, the black part is a long formal black skirt.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/20140612_174517_zps6d528c0e.jpg

Ah, the things we do to get one afternoon in guy mode!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Kate Simmons
06-13-2014, 04:11 AM
Good idea Barb and I'm happy everything worked out. I was thinking that My emergency bag would probably contain a unisex ninja suit though. :eek::heehee::)

Beverley Sims
06-13-2014, 04:17 AM
Barbara,
Maybe I should re visit the "Emergency Bag", never know when you might need it.

mariehart
06-13-2014, 04:29 AM
Sometime ago I went out fully dressed in the car. When suddenly I realised I had no guy stuff as back up. I nearly panicked then thought 'So what, what's the worst that could happen?'

Another time I went out to meet someone and sneaked out of the house fully dressed and made up. I had a bag with male clothes because I knew I'd never get back in that way. I also had my high heels in there too. I wore flats for the walk and changed when I got there. Later when changing to go home I realised that I hadn't brought male shoes so had to wear the flats. I got away with it just.

Another time on the way to meet someone the car overheated and I had to stop. Lucky it was at night and I had a male jacket and I was wearing female trousers.

Maria in heels
06-13-2014, 04:58 AM
great outfit!

Marcelle
06-13-2014, 05:55 AM
Hey Barb what a great story and I love the comment about the phone booth "try and find one" . . . so true. Love the outfit BTW.

Hugs

Isha

Rhonda Jean
06-13-2014, 06:26 AM
Good story, and you're looking great! Are you doing something different to your hair? It looks fabulous!

BLUE ORCHID
06-13-2014, 07:10 AM
Hi Barb, Clark Kent would never get off the ground today.

CarlaWestin
06-13-2014, 07:21 AM
I always keep Carla in the trunk of the car. I let her out when I run errands on the weekends by myself or sometimes after work. A couple of bras, pair of forms, denim skirt, sandals and light top doesn't take up much space and few people acknowledge that I might be a guy.

NavyM2F_WAM
06-13-2014, 07:56 AM
Okay. For a twist on this concept, I sometimes (because of my roommate) have to leave the house in boy mode and take a bag with a pair of heels, dress, makeup, purse, and wig (hosiery is on under my jeans). Then, I have to change. The only places I can are in the car (being careful as not to draw attention to myself) or one of the "uncivilized" areas of the base I work at. When I come back, and my roommate is there (or awake), I have to do it in reverse. It sucks. I can't wait to have a place to myself.

AnneC
06-13-2014, 08:39 AM
This is an interesting concept but don't think it would work for me with an SUV. No place to store things that aren't out in the open. Oh well.

Lizzy66
06-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Nice story, But it would hard for me to [mini van]. Other wise great idea.

ChacTzul
06-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Many SUV's have quite a bit of room in the spare tire well.

Jaymees22
06-13-2014, 04:28 PM
Yes I've had both kinds of emergency bags and have changed in the car as well, best not to change while driving. I really like your outfit too. Hugs Jaymee

Secret Drawer
06-13-2014, 04:42 PM
I used to have the male emergency kit in my car, but over the past few years have gone with the female "opportunity" kit. I am always androgynous as I can be anyways, but have a skirt or a sundress, and some various other things, depending on the time of year, stashed away in the trunk just in case I can go more enfemme than androgynous! Opportunity kits... yeah!

Eryn
06-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Barbara, I've witnessed you switching modes with a mere swipe of lipstick and a fluff of your hair! :)

I seldom carry an emergency bag. The only time I think of one is for outings where I am a long way from home. Even then it is more for my peace of mind than for any actual use.

Persephone
06-14-2014, 02:20 AM
Thanks for your comments, y'all!

Barbara, I've witnessed you switching modes with a mere swipe of lipstick and a fluff of your hair! :)

:) True! I have been known to shapeshift in moments but only for casual observation like heading into the women's dressing room to try stuff on. This would have meant up-close and personal scrutiny by a friend who would be engaging me in conversation. It would require more than lipstick and hair fluff, might even need mascara!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Wiccle
06-14-2014, 02:29 AM
Logistics is everything.

I've often taken a femme bag which then becomes of course my un-femme bag when I'm somewhere quiet. Personally I take the view that it's *less* necessary if you re further away from home as it's less likely people will notice you.

W x

kimdl93
06-17-2014, 07:42 AM
I've done something similar. I had a long cross country drive ahead of me. I was departing from my office, so before I left home I packed a basic conversion kit with bra, forms, wig, make up, casual top, denim shorts and sandals. I wore my shaper under my male business wear...no one would notice. Then changed in a rest area just outside of town. My feeling was, free at last!