PDA

View Full Version : The best day yet

RachelCross
06-13-2014, 05:14 PM
I have to share my day with the only people in the world who would understand. I have to start by saying I started the week off very frustrated with the inability to find any clothes that looked good on me. So much so that I posted my frustration on this site. Anyway, being encourage by the awesome gurls on this site I went to Goodwill and took my time and really shopped this week, as I was fortunate to have the time to. Fast forward to this afternoon. House to myself, bottle of wine, favorite gurl music and five bags of clothes to try on. Out of 15 possible outfits only three didn't work out for me but only because I have some weight I still need to lose. It was an awesome day on many levels. For starters, one of the things I love about being femme is cocktail/formal dresses. I found five this week and three of them fit me wonderfully. I actually gasped when I saw myself and felt more femme than I ever have before. It was an awesome afternoon, solidifying the reason I LOVE embracing Rachel.

To address the weight loss issue (in case any gurls are struggling with it) I need to go back to January of this year. I FINALLY accepted Rachel as a part of me and decided to embrace the woman inside of me. I weighed my self January 7th at 287 lbs. ( I am 6 foot 2 inches tall lifted weights for years) I tried on women's clothes, lingerie etc and holy shit did I look ridiculous. I wore 2XL in MENS clothing a 3x in womens and the I wasn't happy with my presentation. Fast forward to today (another reason I LOVED today). I tried on a WOMAN'S xl not a man's but a womans xl and they were stilla bit tight, nothing I would go out in public in, but I wasn't too far off. You see, since January (when I made peace with the woman inside of me) I have lost nearly 50 LBS!!! I have an infant in the house so I haven't been able to exercise, so the whole weight loss has been diet alone, but I have lost 50 lbs. If anyone ever gives me shit about embracing Rachel, all I have to say is she inspired me to lose a lot of weight. Now that my baby girl is sleeping better I hope to start exercising this next week and shed a few more pounds while toning up the legs and buttocks.

So.....to make a short story long....I had a wonderful day (wished I could have shared it with someone) and I am so thankful I have had the courage to finally embrace Rachel.

Julie Denier
06-13-2014, 06:15 PM
Congratulations on your weight loss and your femme discovery! I am your height and about your old weight, after losing quite a bit from being well north of 300 for quite some time. I seem to have plateaued, but for me, the difference in look and feel has been incredible. I still have plenty of room for improvement, but I know I'll always be a chunky girl and I'm pleased with the image I've created. Hope to see some photos of you soon -- good for you! ;)

EvelynCrossdresses
06-13-2014, 06:38 PM
Awesome! I'm going shopping this weekend hopefully!

BLUE ORCHID
06-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Hi Rachel, Congratulations on the weight loss that's wonderful.

Roxie
06-13-2014, 07:24 PM
glad you had a good day ,sounds like your on the right track and should be proud of yourself.

Marcelle
06-13-2014, 09:14 PM
Hi Rachel congrats on your weight loss, shopping haul and great experience trying on outfits. Glad to hear Rachel is getting a chance to experience life.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
06-13-2014, 11:05 PM
See, Rachel,

Dressing has it's healthy aspects.

Now set the goal lower just a little and you will be able to stay there.

Christen
06-13-2014, 11:15 PM
Well, good for you Rachel. We all feel beter about ourselves when we are comfortable with our shape and weight.

Christen x

Rachelakld
06-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Well done and very similar to my story.
I lost weight both for my girl side and to be fitter for my then new born daughter and also to be more attractive for the then wife (that bit failed, she was to busy reading womens mags to notice).
But yes, diet AND exercise

bridget thronton
06-14-2014, 02:09 AM
Well done