PDA

View Full Version : Has your situation changed?

Roxie
06-14-2014, 04:33 PM
My first real question on this site is this: how has your life changed over the last year or so as a cross dresser? mine has changed for the better,as I recently have become single (still friends) and now I have sooo much time for Roxie.I live on my own except my son is home from college for the summer he is going to be a senior so this is basically he's last summer of fun. Roxie is in full gear after being surpressed for a LONG time . So how has your life changed in terms of cross dressing over the year or so? Better/worse? I hope all good!

Roxie

Marcelle
06-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Hi Roxie I have only been out for shy of one year and I have never been happier. I was in a very dark place this time last year, always angry and my relationship with my wife was faltering. Since coming out and with the full acceptance and support of my lovely wife . . . things could not be better.

Hugs

Isha

Suzanne F
06-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Roxie
What a year! I have been out for about 16 months. It has gone from my secret to a place I couldn't have imagined. Last night I was out at dinner with my wife, 16 year old daughter, my 11 year old son and my close cousin! I am out as Suzanne to most of my family and friends. It has been tough and amazing. I could have never imagined my life like this.
Suzanne

Laura Collette
06-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Bless you all for your accepting mates and your good fortune. My situation has not changed but I look forward to the day.

BLUE ORCHID
06-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi Roxie, 5&1/2 years retired and life is fantastic.

Barbara B
06-15-2014, 04:53 AM
Hi, life has certainly changed for me over the last year, not sure if its better or worse to be honest, I have mixed up feelings on that one! I was diagnosed with cancer last September and had retirement forced upon me. We have had a complete role reversal in this house, Wendy is now the main bread winner and I am now the full time housewife who's pension tops up the household income. I spend most of the time indoors as Barb now and am settling into my new role and starting to enjoy my time. I am lucky to have made it this far and am lucky to have such a wonderful, lovely supportive wife and family. All that said, would I prefer to go back this time last year and be juggling both sides of my life without cancer? I think the answer to that doesnt take much thinking about!

Teresa
06-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Roxie mine has changed so much for the better in the last six months ! I never thought the forum and it's members could have changed my life so much in the help and support. It's enabled me to get my thoughts together after so many years of isolation and achieve a much better relationship with my wife and actually accept and like the other side of me.
If the $1,000,000 was available for dressing for a year I'm sure most of us would agree to donate it to the forum for the help and friendship it's given so many people over the years !!

kimdl93
06-15-2014, 06:40 AM
I'm glad you've been able to resolve your marriage amicably and enjoy the extra privacy. My past year has been, I would say, focused on consolidation. I'm not much more out than in the prior year, but I enjoy living a stable portion of my life as a woman. My wife and I are adjusting to the changes, which, by and large, have been positive.

Roxie
06-15-2014, 06:45 AM
It seems your life has changed a lot ,you have what sounds like a great wife and family . I know that since accepting Roxie. my life is more peaceful I'm not out yet, but realize that day will come
I hope your health is good now and thanks for your post!

Roxie

EllenJo
06-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Well things in my life have certainly changed for the better. I have been underdressing for 18 years with the wife's blessing, but all other dressing was totally DADT. She knew but did not approve and did not want to have any part of it. Then early last year, she suddenly set me down and said that if dressing made me happy then she was ok with it. She has kept her word and I have tried not to go overboard. Now I wear skirts and blouses daily around the house and she even tells me when she thinks something looks nice or not. She is very supportive and often tells me to "go get my girl on" when I am home. After all those years of hiding from her it actually took me some time before I dressed in front of her. It was a slow transition for me to fully dress in front of her but now it is a daily thing. I often slip into a skirt, blouse, with some pretty flats, but no wig or make up, just a comfortable version of me in female clothing without the extra work. When I do go all the way, she has given me make up tips and helped to style my wig. So this last year has been a revelation and we both are happier with the result.
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Raychel
06-15-2014, 07:06 AM
Life has changed a lot for me over the last while, I have come out to all of the people that
live in my house, and I am free to dress whenever I want now. That has been a huge relief
to me. they have all accepted me, I am not sure the entirely like it, but thy accept and don't really say anything.

there are still some family members that need to be told, just so if by chance they do stop in for a visit and I am
dressed it will not be all that much of a shock to them. Although that is not really all that much of a concern,

Beverley Sims
06-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Mine has always improved although dressing most of the time it does not change a great deal these days.

Danielle/Mo
06-15-2014, 12:38 PM
Like Suzanne F mine has changed a lot for the better over the last year. I went from only my ex wife and 20 yr old son knowing and accepting to almost all of my family knowing. I am very lucky in hat I have had not 1 negative response. My 15 yr daughter and 16 yr old niece went through my make up and clothes with me. My x father in law who is 72 yrs old accepts, several other ex in laws and relatives all are accepting. Other friends and acquaintances are accepting to the point of saying that I look good to actually going places with me as Danielle. I doubt this would have happened 20 or 25 years ago. Times and attitudes are changing for the better. It just kind of makes me sad that all of this is happening too late to do me a lot of good. Too bad it wasn't like this when I was younger !

Adriana Moretti
06-15-2014, 03:17 PM
Since I got back from my purge in Oct...so thats what??..only 8 months ago...I lost 40 pounds, quit smoking, cleared up my skin, can jog 6 miles a day...life is good. Made a ton of new friends with similar interests , meet a few gals from this forum...yup...everything is everything... I can only hope to keep the momentum going...a year ago I was a fat, outta shape ,Italian with a sausage gut.....

Trysha
06-15-2014, 04:53 PM
This past year was the roughest time I have ever had. I went through a painful divorce, and have to admit my cross dressing, which was no more than shaving my legs, and letting my wife know I enjoyed wearing woman's underwear,
and when I did dress was in private..probably didn't help,but my marriage was'nt great but that did't make it any easier. I am moving to another state, and in this final stage of my life I plan on learning, and practicing the art of dressing and presenting my self as much of a classy lady in mind,spirit,mannerisms,and dress as I can. After what I went through I can honestly say I have earned that right, and owe iit to myself to do so.

typhoidmary
06-15-2014, 05:20 PM
I moved to the town I live in this time last year... tbh it's been the most static 12 months I've ever lived through, haven't really made any friends, have been very much single the whole time. All that's really happened is my general appearance and dress sense has become more extreme than ever, and as much as I like how I look more than I used to because of that, and that it's closer to how I always wanted to be, I probably only got to this stage because I haven't been getting the attention I crave for so long. At least I'm working again, the sooner I can afford to leave here the better.

UNDERDRESSER
06-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Interesting timing. It's been a year since i moved in with the GF. She knew before we moved in that I liked some items of women's clothing, (told her before we actually became BF/GF) since all my stuff is in one place, I have been habitually changing into skirts once home. The landlord (friend) and his GF have seen me frequently in said skirts, (I told them before I moved in) no issues at all. I've been getting seen by others, and a few weeks ago I walked to the local 7-11 in a skirt, early on a Sunday for milk.

I'm starting to get it into my head that it's OK to be seen wearing a skirt, it's not illegal, and I'm unlikely to run into pitchfork carrying mobs either. The next step is to wear one to an event, which may come up next week as there is a party planned.

AmyGaleRT
06-15-2014, 11:55 PM
Over the past year? Um...oh, my goodness, it's almost too much to relate!

The big thing is that, rather than just attending a crossdressers group meetup, I'm now the event organizer for the group, after the previous one had to step down for health reasons. I don't know if I'd ventured to the Black Crown yet a year ago; now, they all know me there. ;) And I've taken several girls there for their first outing en femme, or their first outing here in the Denver area. And I've acquired a really good reputation among my sisters as a result.

And, when I visited Hana Designs for the second time to have my hair restyled, I startled myself when I looked in the bathroom mirror afterwards; I almost didn't recognize myself as this pretty woman in the mirror! And the thought crept into my mind..."Why would you ever want to give this up and go back to being a guy?" I'm not saying I'd act on it...but I do make a better woman than I'd ever have thought I would.

- Amy

Charla McBee
06-16-2014, 01:15 AM
In the last few months I have finally come to accept myself and try and figure out what is going inside my head. It helps tremendously that I have a loving wife who has always know and been supportive. It scares me to death but I am on a mission to be fully out while I'm still young and my wife is helping to push that along. (3 people so far and testing the waters with others) Looking forward to living out on our own in the coming months where I will finally be free to do whatever I need to. Sometimes I feel like a girl and I'm finally starting to become comfortable with that.

MsVal
06-16-2014, 07:55 AM
A year ago I was becoming aware of my existing fondness for feminine clothing, hair styles, expressiveness, etc, but didn't know that they were all a part of one thing, nor that the thing had a name. The awareness caused me to do a lot of introspection; it made me feel uncomfortable. The more I learned, the more uncomfortable I became.

Now, thanks in large part to the wonderful members of this forum and a to couple of therapists, I have a pretty good idea of what crossdressing is, and is-not. I am pretty sure of where I am in the spectrum, and have an idea of where this may take me in the next year or so. I have disclosed to my wife, who surprised me by being so accepting, though not supportive. I've learned a bit about women's clothing and have accumulated enough to have a small wardrobe. For those things I am thankful, and becoming comfortable.

Through this process of discovery and disclosure I have caused my dear wife quite a bit of unhappiness. There hasn't been a week without some amount of CD related sadness in the past three months or more. The guy that is supposed to protect her from pain became the source of pain. I have discovered that, like the fellow that can't limit his alcohol to a couple glasses on a Saturday night, I have insufficient control of my desires. I have strayed beyond our mutually agreed bounds more than a couple of times. For these things I am quite disappointed in myself.

Best wishes
MsVal

mariehart
06-16-2014, 09:36 AM
McVal hopefully I will learn from your mistakes, now that I'm out to my wife. I do not want to hurt her at all.

For me this last year, in fact this last week is pivotal in my life not that I finally told the only person whose opinion matters. The next year will be interesting.

In crossdressing terms I increasingly came back to it to the point where I now partially or fully undress almost 100% of the time. I never thought it would go away and it didn't.

In my life ,this time last year I was working partially and juggling my role as full time stay at home parent. Luckily the job was only a five minute drive away and I could even bring the kids and leave them safely while I worked for an hour or so. But I was tired of it all. I was drinking too much at times and getting angry at my wife and guilty that I wasn't bringing a better income to the family. The little I made barely covered the overdraft in my bank account.

But I began to realise what's important, my family and I finally let go of the last of my male ego and persona even if it was manufactured. In short I relaxed and began to enjoy life again. My job left town literally. It's now a minimum two and half hour drive away. I literally couldn't afford to do the job anymore. So I haven't worked in nine months, zero income in that time. But I'm happier now than I've ever been. Who'd have thought?

I'm enjoying my children and my domestic role. The only thing missing is money although I probably will make some during the year when the boss drives away the new guys as he always does and then rings me desperately to train in the replacements!

Hopefully the next 12 months will be better again.

NicoleScott
06-16-2014, 09:42 AM
No so much in the past few years, mostly minor availability changes in private time. The greatest change was 20+ years ago when I became single again and living alone. Private secure place and unlimited opportunity to dress.

Rachel292
06-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Big changes for me, not in the last year but just the last 6 months.
I now have more freedom to be me. Due to son flying the nest and now on my own. I have told my mum and my daughter, and couldn't have had a better response. I attend a number of transgender support groups and I went out in public 2 weeks ago for a whole day in a nearby 'city' (population only about 40,000) with another TG.
I've stopped biting my nails, and lost at least 6" around my middle (since new year) and about 10kg since easter.
Not sure if i have any more of a clue to where i'm heading, but i'm definitely now enjoying life, and i've been told by friends i appear happier, even the ones i'm not out to.
Things to do in the next 6 months > I now need to tell my son and the rest of the family after my daughter's wedding in the autumn.

Dora
06-16-2014, 03:23 PM
This past year I have gone through alot of changes understanding myself alot more better, one of the most biggest reasons why I haven't posted any updated pictures is because of my financial situation right now, right now I don't have the finances to do much but in about 7 months everything will change where I will have all my bills paid off and will be able to get into crossdressing more, also I am planning on going to Denver and doing a makeover once my finances are all straightened out.
Also just by accepting my fem side I have come to understand myself alot more better and the reasons why I have had things happen, when I go in public even if I am in male mode and dressed as a male every once and awhile I still have things happen, because I have a higher pitched voice for a male and my back side is curved every once and awhile I have had people in public calling me certain names that I don't want to use on here.
One other thing I have learned is since I have accepted my fem side I am more aware of my surroundings, I have learned to pay more attention to everything around me.