PDA

View Full Version : Wow, what a day!

StacyLynn
06-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Well ladies, I did it! I met up with three other CD girls today at the Art Museum in Minneapolis! I almost didn't go but I'm SO glad I did. I had to work overnight last night and got off at 7 am, so I only had about 4 hours of sleep which made it tough for me to want to go, but I forced myself out of bed to get ready. The stars really aligned today because my parents are out of town on vacation so my brother (who I live with) went to their house to basically house sit, so I was able to put my make up on and get dressed at home as opposed to trying to find some place private to do so. Then I made what should have only been the 1 hour trip to Minneapolis, but the storm caused a few stoplights to lose power causing slooooooow traffic, then after those I had the worst luck and hit every red light from there to the museum! So by the time I was there I was frustrated and pretty nervous, but I told myself that I drove all that way, there was no way in hell I was going to turn around without giving it a shot. So anyway, I met up with Hannah at the entrance and we then met the other two already inside. It was really great because all three of those gals were so nice and welcoming that it quickly eased my concerns. It also helps that I'm a total art geek so I was getting lost in the art and not paying attention to all the people there. Then on the way home, I had to use the restroom so I went in to a gas station to do so, I'm sure you're wondering "why is she telling us that??" lol. Well, I'm bringing that up because I could have held it til I got home, but I decided to be courageous and go inside a different public place. I'm very much looking forward to my next adventure, I'm still pretty nervous about going out but I've definitely taken a couple steps forward today! Thanks for reading!

xoxo Stacy

Marcelle
06-14-2014, 09:10 PM
Hi Stacy . . . CONGRATS. It is always great to get out and even better to share that experience with others. I find having others around makes things a bit more comfortable. Here is to more Stacy days out.

Hugs

Isha

JerseyGirlDonna
06-14-2014, 09:14 PM
Congrats Stacy! The world is all yours, now you can explore it!
Donna

Julie Denier
06-14-2014, 09:39 PM
What a great day, Stacy! Any pics? ;)

Beverley Sims
06-14-2014, 10:19 PM
Stacy,
Meeting others for the first time is exhilarating.

bridget thronton
06-15-2014, 03:08 AM
Great outing well done

Katey888
06-15-2014, 06:07 AM
Nice outing Stacy, well done on your first meeting! :cheer:

And so nice of others to be supportive of you and to literally be there for you... that's great to hear... :D

Katey x

kimdl93
06-15-2014, 06:27 AM
Good for you, Stacy!

BLUE ORCHID
06-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Hi Stacy, I'm sure that this will not be your last outing.