PDA

View Full Version : Brought back to reality

Jaclyn
06-16-2014, 02:47 AM
For Fathers Day my grandson got me a pair of Cleveland Browns sandals to wear outside at the pool. I quickly realized I could put them on cause my toes are painted. Thankfully he didn't ask my to wear them. So this morning I'm removing the polish and won't be shaving for the rest of the summer. :sad: I never thought I'd be wishing for for fall to get here. Not shaving is going to tough.

Jackie

sandra-leigh
06-16-2014, 03:24 AM
Is there something in your situation that makes it quite difficult for you to simply keep your legs shaved and, if asked, just say, "I felt like it" or "I wanted to keep my legs cooler in the heat" ?

Michelle (Oz)
06-16-2014, 04:00 AM
I understand no nail polish ... definitely a stand out. Don't understand the need to stop shaving. So many reasons to shave if it is even neccesary to have a reason.

sometimes_miss
06-16-2014, 04:18 AM
Is there something in your situation that makes it quite difficult for you to simply keep your legs shaved and, if asked, just say, "I felt like it" or "I wanted to keep my legs cooler in the heat" ?
Oh yeah, guys do that all the time. Why, you can see it practically nowhere at all. Suddenly deciding to shave your legs because of the heat. Right. Of course. Doesn't everyone? Oh yeah; they don't. So, sure, you can shave your legs. Don't think it will go unnoticed, though, or that people won't find it a little odd, and wonder why, because neither of the above excuses will be considered a reasonable response by most of the western world.

Jolene Robertson
06-16-2014, 05:39 AM
I have kept my legs shaved for several years now, never an issue. Although I have had a few women make comments like "I wish my legs looked that good", not saying it goes un-noticed just no one says anything and I wear shorts most of the time.

VickiTheGamer
06-16-2014, 06:28 AM
I have nail polish on my toes, but I don't wear anything that will show it around anyone other than my GF. As for shaving my legs and others, it's a coin toss. Heads, I am with people who it won't matter to and who will not comment on it. Tails, I am with family or friends who will have a massive issue with it.

Typically, I shave and then grow back, shave and then grow back. When shaved and with those people that have issues with it, I wear long pants or sweats or something to cover the Shaved legs. Then when around them again but with hair back, I wear shorts or something.

It's a pain in the arse to have to work around the issues, but if I want to keep a good relationship with family and some close (but not open minded) friends, I have to work with it.

Erica Marie
06-16-2014, 06:29 AM
Honestly dont worry about having shaved legs. I have for a few years now and no one has given me a second look, or at least commented about it. I even started a new job and I figured someone would comment, nope nothing. One thing you may want to do though is if rest of your body is hairy, keep it all shaved. For example if you have very hairy arms, people may expect you to have hairy legs too. Just keep everything groomed so it looks uniform and I dont think it will be a big issue

CrossJess
06-16-2014, 06:42 AM
If you want to shave your legs then do it, it's you body your life, the only folks to notice shaved legs are the ladies if you have a gf or wife she will instantly notice this lol men don't care and wouldn't pick up on it unless they are legs shavers them selves, CDs etc, even as a gay guy I don't really notice it, if she does say something then just be honest and say "oh yes I shave because I like dressing in woman's clothing" then watch her face lol ok ok perhaps not! hehe just say you prefer short hair in the summer.

Beverley Sims
06-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Shaving is easy, and just clean the toenails, no pain there either.

bridget thronton
06-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Been shaved for years - no one cares or comments any more (only a couple of comments "didn't you used to have more hair?" the first year).

Laura28
06-16-2014, 10:29 AM
This is the first summer were i kept my legs shaved, I was nerveous and thought everyone would notice. Thanks to my wife who said just do it it looks so much better, i did, been wearing shorts now for over two months and not one single comment even my oldest daughter (who doesnt know about my dressing) pointed out something on leg and said "dad what did you do to your leg you have a bruise) never mentoined the lack of hair. I figure if some one asks i would just say afgter wearing pants all winter the hair gets very fine and this year it isnt growing back. lol.

Keep them shaved the only one who will notice is you.

Teresa
06-16-2014, 10:35 AM
In my thread about dressing and body hair I mentioned that my wife's male side of the family have little or no body hair and yet I'm trying to cover up because I've shaved my legs ! Surely they should be covering up because they have no manly hair, but they don't !

Laura I'm beginning to think you're right !

Lorileah
06-16-2014, 10:36 AM
:Pfft:
Oh yeah, guys do that all the time. Why, you can see it practically nowhere at all.
have you looked at guys legs? Look sometime, half will be smooth or almost hairless. Spreading paranoia is not helpful. All the crap that some here believe is in their minds. Shaving body parts is usually only noted by intimate partners and friends. Let's spin this a bit...the men who shave their legs have more machismo than the one who don't because they are their own man.

Teresa
06-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Lorileah,
The problem is I don't know if my wife has noticed or not ! The explanations have a knock on effect. I shave because the stocking look better ! Oh so you wear stockings ? Where do you get them ? That also means you're wearing suspender belts ! and panties ? and what else ? Etc. etc..

Melissa_59
06-16-2014, 11:28 AM
If you're walking around in a tank top and you're sprouting shoulder, back and neck hair like a yeti then yes, shaved legs will make people scratch their heads. Most of us are not like that though, we like to keep groomed. Shave them, and if people ask tell them it's none of their business. If family asks, well... tell them what you like, from "I lost a bar bet" to "Just wanted to see what it was like since I hear women griping about shaving their legs all the time" (which I have used).

~Mel

Wildaboutheels
06-16-2014, 11:52 AM
REALITY? Until you accept reality, you will never get your CDing Diploma. You DO want it right? It almost looks like you are saying that JUST a simple Fathers Day gift is going to stop you from shaving the rest of the summer?

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?197406-Question-for-the-late-bloomers-REALITY&highlight=

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?181882-I-guess-a-lot-of-you-WoS-s-are-getting-GIDDY&highlight=

missVS
06-16-2014, 12:47 PM
I have the last year been shaved all the time. I also trim my arm hair with 1 guard and nobody has said anything. I was with famly yesterday and wear shorts as it is just too hot in south texas.No comments yet. My nails are also almost always pianted also as I do not wear mens sandals or flip flops and keep ankle socks on always.

kathrynt21
06-16-2014, 01:36 PM
I have shaved for years. Chest and underarms as well. When people ask about legs (and they have) I just say, "Oh they look better in stockings this way."
Always gets a nervous laugh from whomever asked.

sandra-leigh
06-16-2014, 04:22 PM
So, sure, you can shave your legs. Don't think it will go unnoticed, though, or that people won't find it a little odd, and wonder why, because neither of the above excuses will be considered a reasonable response by most of the western world.

Over a period of about 7 years, only one person other than my SO noticed and commented about me shaving my legs. Also my gender therapist thought last year that I was shaving my legs but I wasn't. So in years of my having little leg hair, no-one other than my SO appeared to give a hoot.

I can't prove that the reason I was not nominated for the Nobel Prize in Chemistry was that the Committee had a horror of people with shaved legs, but Occam's Razor would suggest that the reason had more to do with the fact that I have not made any discoveries in Chemistry :D

Samantha Clark
06-16-2014, 04:32 PM
I just started to shave my legs because of a latex sensitivity, which is why I also started wearing nylons under my socks (ever try to find latex free socks that stay up?). So if anyone asks I simply tell them I keep shaved to manage a latex sensitivity. In my case it's the truth but should work like a charm for anyone else.

DonnaT
06-16-2014, 04:36 PM
My Grandson notices everything, except the fact that I shave my legs, or he would have asked by now why theey had no hair on them.

If he does ask, I'll tell him I've always kept them hair free. If he asks why, I'll tell him most competitive swimmers shave, and I like them that way now.

Jessy Jamz
06-16-2014, 04:46 PM
I don't think most people notice shaved legs. Even if they did it's unlikely they would really give it much thought. No one has ever said anything to me, although it's not like I wear shorts every day in guy mode I guess. Plus, atheletes shave their bodies all the time, and many men have very light to no hair on their legs. (or else there are a lot of them shaving, which I don't think is the case). On many guys leg hair thins a lot with age too.

Guess I'm just saying go for it, but I can understand why you would be uncomfortable about it.

TinaZ
06-16-2014, 05:27 PM
Oh yeah, guys do that all the time. Why, you can see it practically nowhere at all. Suddenly deciding to shave your legs because of the heat. Right. Of course. Doesn't everyone? Oh yeah; they don't. So, sure, you can shave your legs. Don't think it will go unnoticed, though, or that people won't find it a little odd, and wonder why, because neither of the above excuses will be considered a reasonable response by most of the western world.

I'll chime in with the many others. I shave my legs, and I have for about three months. Here in Arizona I'm almost always in shorts. I've been around dozens of friends, family and acquaintances, and I've heard exactly one comment. This from my almost 16 year-old son, "Dad, did you shave your legs?" Me:"Yup. Feels way cooler when I run." Him, "Cool."

That was it.

Much ado about nothing, as Billy Shakes once said.

Laura Collette
06-16-2014, 05:48 PM
I've never been that furry anyway but initially shaved my legs because it was kind of a thrill. Now in my senior years I have about six hairs on my right knee and shave them off periodically even though nobody could see them without a microscope.

Pumped
06-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Shave 'em!
I have a buddy that shaves his legs and wears shorts all the time in the summer. I always have wanted to ask why, but never remember when we are alone.

Tess
06-16-2014, 07:36 PM
I only shave my legs in the summer. In Texas thats over half the year. Not much reason to shave them duing the cool weather when I have them covered up. Sun screen is essential and it goes on much easier with smooth legs so that is my ready excuse if I'm ever asked.

Jaclyn
06-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Well toe nails aren't painted anymore. For now I've decided to continue to shave. Mostly from the overwhelming response I got here.
Hopefully it necer becomes an issue or something I have to explain.

Thanks everybody.

Jackie

BLUE ORCHID
06-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Hi Jackie, Men with clean shaven legs is now becoming the new normal.

Michellegryl
06-16-2014, 09:15 PM
Jackie I have had all of my hair removed with laser over the past two years and prior to that shaved everything for 3 years. The only one to ever ask me if I shaved my legs was my oldest son. We were out on the boat and I had short bathing trunks and a T shirt on and he asked me what happened to all my hair. I told him I did not like it and had it removed. He looked at me with a questioning look and said OK and that was it. I wear shorts all the time and even at a family reunion with 60 family members no one has ever said a thing. I no longer need to shave anything and I love it. I also wear a nude nail polish/shellack on my finger nails all the time and I have never had a negative comment from anyone. I have had many positive comments from women and some who are jealous of my nails. Just go for it. If you own it and don't try to hide it like something is wrong no one will notice or even care.
Michelle

Kevyn53
06-16-2014, 09:30 PM
My dad has had almost no hair on his legs for almost twenty years. No shaving, just lost the hair about the time he retired. Go for it.

MissTee
06-16-2014, 10:41 PM
Have kept my legs shaved since . . . Well, a very long time. People know I cycle and I just assume they assume that's why. Never been an issue other than once, a smart ash girl commented, "you shave your legs?!" I replied, "yes, you should try it sometime, Sasquatch."

Adriana Moretti
06-17-2014, 12:15 AM

I'm glad a few of you gals touched on this one...i saw it this morning, but diidnt have the energy to respond....I still cant really touch it....its too easy.

Saepe
06-17-2014, 12:33 AM
Sometimes when asked about shaved legs/nail polish/leftover makeup I respond with "I lost a bet."

Tinkerbell-GG
06-17-2014, 03:19 AM
All I get from this thread is that someone important gives a special gift and all a crossdresser can think about is the inconvenience :(

Jaclyn
06-17-2014, 03:54 AM
That's not true Tinker bell. I didn't mind removing the polish for him at all. He means the world to me and I'd do anything for him. I was just glad he didn't ask me to try them on right then. The polish is now gone and I wore the sandals for him.

I know being a crossdresser can be a very selfish thing at times but I always try to put my family ahead of dressing.

Jackie

TinaZ
06-17-2014, 04:06 AM
All I get from this thread is that someone important gives a special gift and all a crossdresser can think about is the inconvenience :(

Oh, hush, Debbie Downer; no one has any idea how Jackie reacted to his grandson. For all we know he could've danced a jig and proclaimed they were the grandest sandals in all the land and he would save them only for the most special occasion. That wasn't relevant to the story.

What WAS relevant (on a cross dressers' website) was the bit about how crossdressing affected the moment.

Please be cautious when claiming to know what others are thinking.

Hermana
06-17-2014, 04:08 AM
In my humble opinion as a newby here, Tinkerbell-GG I think your brief post is the one that truly brings us back to reality. By that I mean the reality of who we are and where we want to truly go in life and how we want to present ourselves while on our journey. Sometimes life is inconvenient per se. Not everything is within our control. It happens that way. But there is always room to thank someone for a kindness and I would like to think that happened in the real life of the persons concerned.

I have shaved for years and got in to the habit of having my trunk waxed by a nice lady who had no problem at all when I walked in off the street one day with my busty bra and tight sheer fem top, otherwise presenting as a man in trousers, shoes and thinning hair, and asked her if she waxed men.

I have always been an advocate to present oneself to the world as we want to be presented. My shaved body and legs looked good on the New Zealand beaches and never drew any comments and I never lost any friends when I suddenly went from hairy to smooth as an adult.

To quote a shoe salesman from somewhere - "just do it"

Tinkerbell-GG
06-17-2014, 04:10 AM
That's not true Tinker bell. I didn't mind removing the polish for him at all. He means the world to me and I'd do anything for him. I was just glad he didn't ask me to try them on right then. The polish is now gone and I wore the sandals for him.

I know being a crossdresser can be a very selfish thing at times but I always try to put my family ahead of dressing.

Jackie

Thanks for explaining this, Jackie, and sorry if I ruined your thread. It can be hard being on the other side of all this and wondering if we, the spouse/family, are as important as crossdressing. It's been one of my biggest issues in my marriage, so I guess I wanted to point this out.

I'll let you get back to your question now:) For the record, the men in my family are hairless and until I knew of my H, I never noticed who had leg hair and who didn't, and I'm fairly observant! Now everyone else in the world is allowed to shave, but my H. Yep, There's no logic in some of our GG actions either, lol.

Edit: And thanks, Hermana. Welcome to the forum :)

TinaZ
06-17-2014, 04:43 AM
I'll try not to go all Buddhist Monk on ya, Tink; but it seems like there's some anxiety behind your posts (and rightfully so - CDing is "abnormal" and you're trying to intertwine it into your existence. I get it.) Based on words you've chosen, I'm guessing some of the anxiety has to do with linear thinking.

Here's where I go all Zen, so bear with me. Linear thinking is a Western thing. We like to measure and to rank and to order. We start really early, too (by age 5 Western kids know their favorite color, food, day of the week, hero, etc.) Much of our life is based on this idea. So when your hubs spilled the CD beans, a natural reaction would be, what does that do to my ranking?

You just got through asking that question, actually. "... Wondering if we, the spouse/family, are as important as crossdressing."

What would happen if you cast aside the idea of ranking them?

Can you rank air above water? Both are required. Can you rank sunshine above the seas?

If you have a child, don't you love that child with everything? But If you have a second child, do you cut your love for the first child in half so you'll have enough for both?

Cannot love multiply endlessly?

You and crossdressing cannot be ranked anymore than the minerals in the earth that give plants life, and the grasses that grow, dry, get plucked and woven by a mother bird into a nest to cradle her eggs. Any relationship is tangential at best and ought to be ignored because it's a circular path and walking it expends energy for no progress.

Peace!

Cassandra86
06-17-2014, 04:47 AM
I say just do whatever your comfortable with. If you aren't comfortable shaving your legs because people may notice and say something and you don't have a good excuse then don't shave them. Personally I think you will be ok and nobody will think twice about it. I shave my legs, arms and chest a couple times a week year around. Not because im a crossdresser but because I just don't like hair in those areas. It's so common these days that people hardly notice. I did get into a conversion with a girl at the bar once about who had smoother arms and legs abd when mine were smoother she just smiled and said she liked it and wondered what else was smooth on me lol Guys don't really notice and if they do they never say anything. It's funny cus I always see these posts on here about shaving, ears pierced, stuff like that and everyone freaking out when in reality these small things we freak out about the average everyday person doesn't even notice. I mean I have had my male friends over well I was watching rapauls drag race all they did was ask why you watching this. I said cus it's funny and I like it. They shrugged said cool and changed the subject. Anyways I know everyone's situation is different but I think sometimes it's ok not to worry about the little things because in reality nobody else really cares or will judge u like u think they will :-)

Hermana
06-17-2014, 06:04 AM
Tina and Cassandra, I agree with both of your sentiments.

I haven't mentioned on here yet that I had my ears pierced in the 1980s at the behest of my then wife. I was a late starter to feminine dressing. All I can say is, I think I have at least partly an inner philosphy like Tina and a sense of pragmatism like Cassandra ("I say just do whatever your comfortable with"), for a combination of those attributes has got me by in this world pretty well so far. My permanent earrings were no barrier to interacting with anybody, for that was never the subject of conversation nor the reason any of us met for fun and relaxation.

I think that shoe salesman caught on to a winner with "just do it"

And Tinkerbell, thanks for the welcome. It's good to be here.

Love

Amanda22
06-17-2014, 06:50 AM
I have no hair on my arms or legs; so I'm lucky. I've always worn shorts and short sleeved shirts, even in the winter. I have never been questioned or sensed that anyone noticed at all. For me, it's always been my normal. Maybe that's why no one notices, because they're subconsciously taking my lead. If a person is hairy, I just don't understand what the big deal is to shaving. I really don't get when people object to that. We're so culturally programmed to think some things are acceptable and others are taboo. How can shaving hairs off one's body be threatening? If my wife wanted to grow a beard and get all hairy (provided she was able to), I'd be all for it! It's her body and I want her to be happy. There are real problems in the world, and I just don't see this as one of them. Well, maybe this is an example of lack of love and understanding, so it is what's wrong in the world.