PDA

View Full Version : Another question for those who don't use a female name here

Wildaboutheels
06-16-2014, 11:19 PM
WHY don't you have a FEmale name?

I simply don't have any need for one although one of the GGs tried to give me one the first 18 months I was here. She WAS persistent so I have to give her credit for that.

So...you folks W/O female names. Any second thoughts? Any of you wish you had chosen one at the start but too late to change it now?

Or ... no regrets and perfectly fine with your original choice?

Andy66
06-16-2014, 11:27 PM
If I could input my two cents, I tend to take a male name as a clue (not so much here, more in real life) about whether the person wants to be addressed as he or she.

Sc0rp10N
06-16-2014, 11:48 PM
My wife and I discussed it, she decided she will only call me by my male name, I think the idea scared her a little, but I do kinda want a female name to use for playtime, but I can wait until the right time and the right name comes to mind.

UNDERDRESSER
06-16-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm not that mad keen on my handle now, but no, never considered a female name. I don't consider myself female,transgender, or even a crossdresser in my own head.

Pixiesmate
06-17-2014, 12:26 AM
I love the clothes. I love the way I feel when dressed, I think it gives me a kinder, more gentle and accepting perspective than I am allowed when not dressed. I think I like emulating a female version of me, but in the final analysis I am a male. AND I am happy with being one. I am tickled with what I feel and how I seem to act when dressed to the nines, but have never had a desire to be called by anything other than my own name. My SO uses the same terms of endearment when she addresses me when I'm dressed as she does when I am in drab, and that's all I need. We have discussed a female name for the female part of me, and I have come to the conclusion that I don't need a different name when dressed. I'm still me, which seems to suit both my SO and me just fine.

However, I can see the point made by Andy66, and if we (my SO and I) begin to socialize in large groups in public rather than the small groups of friends at home we're used to, having a female name may make it easier on the others to choose the 'correct' pronoun based on my presentation when referring to me. I guess I'll figure that one out if or when the need arises.

Saepe
06-17-2014, 12:41 AM
I dunno. I'm not playing dress-up, not in a costume. I'm just wearing other clothes that I like and weren't meant for my body. It's still me.

geek
06-17-2014, 12:56 AM
I chose the feminine version of my name, the catch is its pronounced the same way as my actual name but spelled different. Essentially I didn't choose a seperate name for when I'm dressed up because I have no need for a different name.

...Or were you referring to the handle used on the board? If that's the case, I've used this name for the better part of 15 years in one form or another and have no desire to come up with a different one. I'm lazy like that.

Teresa
06-17-2014, 03:01 AM
I've only adopted the name to register on the forum, but I'm sailing close to the wind because it is a FEmale name and also the name of an ex GF ! I'm sticking with it now because I'm use to it and like it !

Hell on Heels
06-17-2014, 03:34 AM
Hell-o Wild, I do have a femme name, and I know you are aware of it.
Some here may not though, Hell on Heels is my profile title, those that get to know me
will find I prefer to be referred to as Kristyn. Both names came into being about the same as when I joined the forum.
I'd be interested in hearing the name your GG friend had selected for you, and if you considered that one you have thought of others, what might they be?
Care to share?
Much Love,
Kristyn

Kate Simmons
06-17-2014, 05:52 AM
Not understanding why you would need a "female" name to be here. Sounds stereotypical to me. There are many famous females out there in the world with "traditional" male names. In the end we are remembered by what we do, not our name so much.:battingeyelashes::)

mechamoose
06-17-2014, 05:55 AM
...Because it is my online persona on several boards.

Not that I don't have one, my wife calls "her" Kitty.

Kitty gets interesting mail & catalogs....

- MM

alwayshave
06-17-2014, 06:10 AM
I have not had need for a female name as I am male. However, I realize as I go out an about, I may need to have a moniker for my female side.

BLUE ORCHID
06-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Hi WAH, I needed a name when I registered here and I didn't want anything
that had any connection to anyone past or present in my life,
So I thought long and hard and came up with Blue Orchid
Blue is my favorite color and an Orchid is my favorite flower.

I guess that Orchid could be a feminine name.

Simone_40
06-17-2014, 07:42 AM
Simone was my Greatgrandmother's name. I chose this name in honor of her, so I have no regrets. I love my FEmale name.
Kisses, Simone.

Mgreenva
06-17-2014, 07:50 AM
I used my first initial and last name and state I'm from. I guess after lurking for a while I realized who and what I am ( a guy that likes wearing ladies clothes. No make up or wig) and am not hiding anymore. Also I used this before and if my wife finds me on this by snooping she can figure my user name and password so she can see I've done nothing illicit or immoral. She does know and accept my cd but always thinking I'm doing more.

CrossJess
06-17-2014, 07:54 AM
My male name is Jessie and James is my surname it's the name I was christened with, I get called "Jess or JJ" for short, it would normally be spelt "Jesse" for a boy but I prefer the female spelling "Jessie".... I love my name and thank my mum for giving it to me as I was her last attempt at a girl lol had I of been a girl then I would of been called Jessica, but Jessie I'm happy with and it's cool it can be used for both boys and girls, as a crossdresser my aim has never been to split off into 2 personalities / 2 people because I'm just a very girly guy and dress as a girl all the time so I'm just...well....me!, funnily enough my bf asked me why crossdressers give them selves female names and I couldn't answer it, i think he just found it odd that we use female names when we are clearly guys.

Confucius
06-17-2014, 08:59 AM
When I cross-dress I feel as if I am in contact with a female, but I do NOT feel like I have turned into a female. I feel like I am the same person. A skirt doesn't have any magical powers which transforms my personality. I still feel like a man, just a man wearing a skirt. So I never thought I needed a female name.

I believe that our brains are hard-wired to interpret cross-dressing as actual contact with a female, and that causes our brain to release a host of neurotransmitters which produce the good feelings. When we get that contact with a female message then we must either internalize or externalize it. If you internalize the message then you believe you have a female side within. If you externalize the message then respond as if the female is somehow outside of yourself. I externalize the "contact with a female' message.

avant1465
06-17-2014, 09:00 AM
Every morning, when enjoying coffee with my SO, I am dressed en femme. During that time, my SO refers to me by my "femme" name, almost in the 3rd person.... and I do the same. Frankly, I like that, as it puts a bit of distance between my "real" self, and "who I am" whilest dressed.....

ICU Nurse
06-17-2014, 09:28 PM
I've thought about it, but I've never run across another name that fit. I feel like the name I was given is the one that suits me best.

I feel like my handle here is a more accurate representation of who I am than any other name I could have chosen.

Pumped
06-17-2014, 09:44 PM
For me it is because I am all male, but I like woman's shoes and clothing. No desire to be a woman, so no need for a female name.

Gretchen_To_Be
06-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Hi Wild. I don't need a female name because as I recently commented in the thread about "Feeling Feminine", I really don't feel (or want to feel) like a woman. I just want to look and dress like one. I think some members may perceive my screen name as feminine, and that's fine, but "Shibumi" is the title of a favorite spy novel. Loosely translated from Japanese, it means a state of effortless grace. Kind of corny now that I think of it, since effortless grace is the last thing I achieve after lacing myself sweatily into a corset to mold my man bulk into a dress or skirt. Though when I see my legs in hose and heels, I have a momentary glimpse of that grace.

Take care,

Shibumi

Laura28
06-17-2014, 10:44 PM
My wife calls me Jackie she is not that keen on Laura but I have had that name since I started dressing. She likes Jackie because she can call me that in public and nobody knows our secret.

jjmetro
06-18-2014, 12:31 AM
I've never been good at role playing, aka, taking on a different persona. I am me, and weather i am in male or female clothing, I'm still me. (just prettier in female clothing) So i guess I don't feel the need to differentiate between clothing............

Secret Drawer
06-18-2014, 04:45 AM
When I first signed up here (long ago!) I was in the closet and literally had a "secret drawer" where half my life was stowed away. Years later I have slowly gotten to the point where I am in the open about who I am to most (but for a select specific group) of people. So my handle here "secret drawer," does not actually fit anymore, but its no matter to me. I have a strange relationship to my male name and probably names in general: I use names as reference points to recall what a specific person said or did, but I don't assign much weight to anyones, including my own, name outside of that.

sometimes_miss
06-18-2014, 10:48 AM
I kind of adopted a female name here because everyone else did. Which really is kind of odd, because i'd gone the first half century of my life just being myself. And maybe it was because I don't interact with anyone else when I'm dressed as a girl, that i don't feel the need to refer to myself in the third person, and don't feel the need to distance myself from all the female feelings and behavior that feels normal to me, by pretending that it's not a part of who I am. I don't feel that 'Lexi' is a female side of me. It's all me, all the time.

Butterfly Bill
06-18-2014, 02:18 PM
I've used Butterfly Bill on every internet forum I have posted to since I started in 1997, except Facebook made me use it as a middle name inside my legal one.

suchacutie
06-19-2014, 05:16 PM
My wife and I saw immediately upon identifying my other self that she needed a name, if only for clarification. We both agreed on the name of Tina (as you can see from her necklace in the avatar) if for no other reason than clarity. As time progressed the massive differences in my two gendered selves made the two names incredibly helpful.

I join this forum a few hours before Tina's name was chosen, hence the alternate moniker.

flatlander_48
06-19-2014, 11:40 PM
From 2005 until just a few months ago, I didn't have and didn't want a female name. It never struck me as something that I really needed and I didn't think it would make me any more or less of a crossdresser. The username that I employ here is the same one that I use on all of the forums where I am a member. It covers CD, LGBT, motorsports and computer forums; over 15 I believe. The only difference is that not all of them accept the _.

However, last Fall I had my first makeover and photo session. Somewhere within the first 30 minutes of meeting the person who would do my makeover, she asked if I had a femme name. I said that I didn't and wasn't really motivated to figure out one. But, the seed was planted. Over the next few days I began to think about it more seriously. I can't say exactly why. Perhaps the time was just right.

Anyway, as my real name is Don (and on rare occasion, Donald) Donna would be the natural choice. For some reason, that never appealed to me. I thought about D. but that seemed sort of like The Artist Formerly Known As... Then it came to me. I have been a serious motorsports fan since the mid-50's and I've always had great respect for the Andretti family. Turns out Mario's wife is named DeeAnn. It's an interesting story as she was the teacher who taught him English shortly after his family came to the US.

Works for me...