PDA

View Full Version : Missing TriEss meetings

HaleyPink2000
01-17-2006, 01:21 AM
I was just wondering if I'm alone in the feeling, when I don't make a monthly TriEss meeting. I had a heart operation this last month as many know, and did make my TriEss meeting. The only time I have to dress in public, and go out on the town. We have our meeting "enfemm if you want" then go out for coffee afterwards. It's a nice time with like minded people.

It's just like not the same all the rest of the month. I have not made like 3 meetings since last May. Each time I feel like I have missed out on something that could have been very special to me. If I'd a gone.

Just wondering if you have similar feelings?

Haley :)

kristine239
01-17-2006, 03:54 PM
Although I don't go to Tri-Ess meeting, I do go to Cross Dressers Intl www.cdinyc.org as well as many of the conferences like www.ifge.org/convention.

When I can't go, I always fell like I have missed something very special. Hope you are feeling better now and that you will be able to make your meetings again. I know many people at the various social support groups in Chicago area.

LeannL
01-17-2006, 07:18 PM
Haley,

I agree with you although there are a few times when I have other things happening when it is diminished. I am a bit of a strange bird (aren't we all? :) ). My strongest urges to CD come during the winter. During the rest of the year, I enjoy fishing so much that CDing slips to a distant second. There seems to be a theory that the CDing urge in some people is related to stress. Fishing takes out the stress for me so missing Tri-Ess meetings during the summer bother me less.

Phoebe Reece
01-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Haley, I've only missed one of our chapter's meetings in the past year (due to my wife and I being on a long road trip to visit friends out West) and I certainly felt I had missed out on something. Sigma Epsilon's "meetings" actually are a full weekend of activities each month. We gather at our meeting place on a Friday afternoon, go to supper at some local restaurant, then either hang out in our meeting room, go to the hotel bar, or check out some clubs. Saturday begins with a newcomers meeting (which is actually for every member, new and old alike) where various CD issues are discussed; lunch at a restaurant or mall; an afternoon activity (museum, shopping, bowling, movies, etc.); supper at a restauarant where it is appropriate to be dressed really nice; and again hanging out in the meeting room or the hotel bar. Sunday mornings some of the group gets together for a "bubba brunch" (no crossdressing). I always miss the Sunday brunch as I am normally with my family at church then. Our members that miss a meeting are missing a lot of activity.

uknowhoo
01-18-2006, 12:23 AM
glass half full...

missing one helps you appreciate those which you can attend.

i'm sure you'll enjoy this month's meeting.

hugs,

tammi

HaleyPink2000
01-19-2006, 08:40 PM
Well I did miss this months meeting! They had a Make Over Session with Merl Norman Cosmetics. Oh well next month. It's been a long slow healing time for me.

I am so interested in all of your meetings to see if they are like ours. I loved the one about staying in a hotel. We are supposed to do that next month for our meeting about our group being sanctioned by TriEss. Supposed to have people from TriEss national there to talk to us.

Wooo Looking forward to this one.

Love to you all!
Haley:)