PDA

View Full Version : Relaxing and dressing

xd-tigger
06-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Hi everybody, today I had a therapy session for my mental state and the nice lady asked what I like to do to relax. I said the usual xbox and so on, but should I mention dressing relaxes me in my next session?

How many of you here dress to relax?

Saepe
06-17-2014, 04:59 PM
If she brings it up again, definitely answer honestly. Therapists work best when you're honest with them. Being honest with other people helps you be honest with yourself!

I can't say that it relaxes me, though. I'm more on the "it excites me" side.

xd-tigger
06-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Oh yeah, it has that side too :P

katssun
06-17-2014, 05:04 PM
My primary reason to dress is to relax.

I feel much more comfortable when I've dressed. Recently, I had to hold off on shaving for a month so that I could go on a family vacation/reunion and not get uncomfortable questions (I got many two years ago!). I have to say that the experience was agony. Once you start body shaving, dressing with hair is terrible. There were a lot of other things making me stressed during that month and I nearly broke down several times.

Once I got through it...heaven. When I'm dressed, I'm just calmer because I'm finally myself. I certainly enjoy being appearing as and being a man too, but I'm not whole unless I dress frequently.

It really has become a part of my life, and that does bring other problems (acceptance from potential significant others being the big one).

Confucius
06-17-2014, 08:00 PM
I believe my brain is hard-wired to release dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and other neurotransmitters when I crossdress. Its as if my brain interprets crossdressing as actual contact with a female. These neurotransmitters are responsible for the sensations of well-being, pleasure, comfort, gratification and bonding. It affects the reward centers of my brain, and no, I cannot stop my brain from releasing neurotransmitters.

So crossdressing does help me to relax, but it does more than just relax me.

BLUE ORCHID
06-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Hi Tigger, There'd no doubt this is a great way to relax and have fun all at the same time.

Laura28
06-17-2014, 09:23 PM
That is a huge factor of me dressing. When I am stressed I need to dress the urge is very powerful. Everything seems right when I am dressed.

Beverley Sims
06-18-2014, 09:44 AM
I would mention it next time as it may be part of the mental state you are in.

Quite often insignificant events are the trigger to our problems.

Yes mention that you dress to relax.

sometimes_miss
06-18-2014, 10:21 AM
First, you have to be open with your therapist or you're wasting you time (and money) with them. If you think they're going to guess how you feel, that's about as good a chance as a woman has of having her husband guess what she wants sexually (in other words, none).

I wouldn't call it dressing to relax, but I just feel 'better' when I dress as a girl does. Again, it's the underlying uneasyness that accompanies being a guy; there's always that background feeling 'I'm not supposed to be wearing/behaving like this. Dressing and behaving as a male just feels like a role I'm playing to fit into society, so it's kind of like a job. Then I come home, take off the work 'uniform', and only then feel normal, or I guess you could call it feeling relaxed.

bridget thronton
06-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Yes I do find dressing relaxes me - it also helps me focus mentally

Jaymees22
06-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Of course it helps me relax and cope with problems. I dress to relieve stress, my therapist agrees and I'm sure yours will too, once you tell her.

Cameroninal
06-18-2014, 11:37 AM
I am glad I saw this thread because I haven't heard others really say that before. There are many reasons I dress but when I am stressed, I almost always feel better after I transform.

franlee
06-18-2014, 06:37 PM
CDing has always been my self medication and therapy for stress and relaxation. It has afforded me a means to escape some terrible times and incidences that I witnessed and worked on and through.

AKADonna
06-18-2014, 10:11 PM
Definitely tell your shrink about how calming your dressing can be. For me, as soon as I strap on a bra, I get much more calm and softer in my actions and temperament. I can't say that I dress to relax, though. For me, my dressing is driven by those feminine urges and feelings that have become increasingly frequent as I have aged!

Adriana Moretti
06-19-2014, 12:54 AM
dressing opens up all kinds of artistic and creative doors for me.....those doors open cause I am relaxed and at ease........ if it makes you happy,settles you down, takes a load off your chest....then you are doing the right thing.....who cares what people think...be you

Christen
06-19-2014, 12:59 AM
Well, I think you should, why not, it's confidential. I get a feeling of being at ease dressed, but I have to say it introduces at least as much stress into my life as it does relieve it.

Christen x

Teresa
06-19-2014, 08:03 AM
I guess it depends what you're getting therapy for but to get the whole picture I think she needs to know !
I would suggest before your next visit you collect a few thoughts together or write a brief history down, it won't do you any harm either as you need to think your CDing through.
Also don't expect the therapist to make a big issue of it, they've heard it all before, on a sliding scale it's right at the bottom of sexual problems, as I found out.

Secret Drawer
06-19-2014, 09:20 AM
If it is important in your life then it is best to share the information with your therapist. I understand that if you have never told anyone about your crossdressing that it could be a difficult thing to do and I don't think we are trivializing it by recommending you tell, just take a breath and do it!

I am with Lexi on this one. I believe the role playing is in being a manly man, and when I become normal, by being more feminine in nature and attire, I can relax and thus reduce stress. So yes, dressing is a stress relief, yet not dressing is a stress inducer. A true double edged sword!

nikinylons
06-28-2014, 07:09 AM
Yes yes and yes. I don't need to be fully made up, just a dress and some pantyhose make me relaxed and very productive

Anneliese
07-04-2014, 08:31 AM
I need to dress when I'm under stress, which almost always comes from work. (yes, I'm looking, but it isn't easy when you're 60...any ideas?). When work is going well, I like to dress.

Ivie
07-04-2014, 08:48 AM
I find the only stress it relieves is that of not being feminine!

But in other news, definitely be open about everything, that's what therapists are there for ;-)

Sarah M
07-04-2014, 09:02 AM
When I have been wearing jeans all day an when I get home I will get a shower an put on a tank top an panties an Jean skirt an get comfy an relax

Kitty215
07-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Definitely best to share with a therapist. They can offer more help if they have the whole picture and you don't hold anything back. I know it can be difficult to discuss and let people in on. As others have said dressing can be very calming especially if you feel more natural while dressed.

Nadya
07-04-2014, 09:46 AM
I agree with everyone else. While I haven't gone to therapy for crossdressing (although I'm thinking about it to help me accept myself), I have gone to therapy for other reasons. Being open and honest with your therapist will likely lead to letting out built up emotions that can be cathartic and healthy.

While the act of dressing can be stressful (shaving, putting on makeup without messing it up, and so on), when I'm finished, I feel wonderful which can be relaxing in itself. Feeling complete may not be the same as relaxed but it can definitely be a side effect. ;)

Daisy41
07-04-2014, 09:56 AM
I'll jump on the "it doesn't really relax me" side of the fence. I find gym shorts and a loose t-shirt vastly more relaxing than a skirt and blouse. But dressing up does make me feel good when I do a good job. It's more like a confidence boost and a chance to be artsy in another way.

Stephanie47
07-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Whenever my stress level rises I find relaxation and stress relief being en femme. Maybe it's an escape mechanism from the stresses put on the male in society. I've always loved being en femme and baking a cake and cleaning the house. There's nothing more relaxing than sitting in our backyard on a swing set sipping a cup of coffee and reading the newspaper. When I was stressed out and could not be en femme, then I sought relief from stress on eBay. It's amazing how much stress may be relieved by buying slips (my personal vice) bras and panties on eBay.

wanda66
07-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Yes I believe it helps with the stress , for instants I had along day driveing , I got to where I am staying checked in unpacked .then shaved , showered , did my nails .unpacked my favorite bra and panties and summer dress. And here Iam. I dress because I enjoy it, do I realy have to know why?

herwannabe
07-07-2014, 10:36 PM
My wife relaxes by removing ALL her clothes, I relax by putting on a bra, dress/skirt n blouse earrings, heels setting at my laptop watchin TV with my naked wife setting beside me I love my life.......

Frédérique
07-08-2014, 12:21 PM
Hi everybody, today I had a therapy session for my mental state and the nice lady asked what I like to do to relax. I said the usual xbox and so on, but should I mention dressing relaxes me in my next session? How many of you here dress to relax?

I wouldn’t mention it at your next session, unless the nice lady you mentioned is sympathetic to such unexplainable phenomena. Could you relax if a relatively perfect stranger knew your…ahem…secret? Why spoil a GOOD thing, I say…

Yes, I dress to relax, and I keep my secrets to myself, in fact I guard them with extreme vigilance…:straightface:

PaulaQ
07-08-2014, 01:28 PM
It's safe to mention your crossdressing to your therapist. They are bound by law not to reveal this information. It may well be relevant to what's going on with you, and if she is not very accepting, you know you need to find a new therapist. But honestly, it should be safe to talk to her.

JustChris
07-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Dressing to me is definitely a relaxation thing for me. I really enjoy being able to step out of my "normal" routine and being more passive & feminine than I normally am. Of course, I enjoy underdressing as often as I can as well :)

That being said, you should definitely say something to your therapist - they really need to know "you" to help the the best they can.