PDA

View Full Version : Another question for those who use a female name here

Michelle789
06-18-2014, 02:44 PM
After reading the thread called "Another question for those who don't use a female name here", I saw some interesting responses as to why some of us don't use female names.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?215325-Another-question-for-those-who-don-t-use-a-female-name-here (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?215325-Another-question-for-those-who-don-t-use-a-female-name-here)

Now I'm going to turn the question around, and ask those who do use female names. Why did you chose a female name?

This question is open to all MTF CD, MTF TS, and any one else who chose a female name on this forum.

I will start. I identify as female, so I chose a female name to reflect my authentic self. I see myself as a woman, as transgender, and not as a dude in a dress.

Zylia
06-18-2014, 02:52 PM
It seemed like a good idea at the time. I didn't have one beforehand; I literally picked my female name when I had to pick a username for this forum. I wasn't witty enough to come up with a witty non-female-name forum username and all the cool kids were using female names anyway. I don't think it's that big of a deal, it's like how I don't use my real name (or gender, or race/species) in World of Warcraft either. I see myself as a transgender dude in a dress when I'm wearing a dress. I actually like skirts better.

Kimberly Long
06-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Many years ago I identify my self as female. I am now retired and have been for many years. I halved live about 10+ years 24/7 as Kimberly, my only regret is that I did not start many years earlier.
I wish you the best.
Kimberly Long

Alexisninsar
06-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Alexis is actually my middle name.I know most places outside of the U.S. it can be either male or female, but growing up Alexis wasn't a guys name so it took me 25 of my 38 years to get use to it.
Ninsar is the Sumerian goddess of plants. The Sumerian, Babylonian era fascinates me, I also have several garden areas, the combining of the two seemed the natural thing to do.

DeeArel
06-18-2014, 04:31 PM
It has only been 20 years since I finally decided to use a female name.

When I went to a bar I used to just sit and wait for some one to interact with. Finally, I decided that I needed to do something more active than just sit. So, I decided that I would shoot at least one game of pool. Thereby, requiring me to interact with at least one person if only marginally and to fully enjoy the dress or skirt that I was wearing.

The bars had a dry erase board that you put your name on to get in the rotation for next game. I used to just sign as "Jim" as I was me no matter how dressed. One day one of the owners at one tavern suggested that I "play the game" by using a name that at least matched how I was dressed. It went in one ear and out the other.

Finally, 10 years later, one day on impulse I decided to try it and Dee was the first name that popped into my head.
Surprisingly, people were more receptive when shooting that night so I continued using it for that purpose. Of course my shooting companions would then introduce to others as Dee and the name stuck.

A couple of years later I was asked to be a judge at a pageant and they wanted my last name for introductions. I had never given that aspect any thought and on the spur of the moment came up with Arel. For consistency, I have stuck with that combination since that time.

AndreaSC
06-18-2014, 04:31 PM
I picked my name, Andrea Nicole, which Andrea is another form of my middle name and I have always loved the name Nicole, the two fit so I stuck with them. ;)

CynthiaD
06-18-2014, 04:43 PM
I use my female name everywhere I can, not just here. My female name is my real name. My male name is just the name I use to cope with life's injustices. I also prefer to be referred to using feminine pronouns. I hate being called "sir," even in male mode. I prefer "ma'am."

Ava Tryptyk
06-18-2014, 04:45 PM
The first time I gave myself a female name was when I joined this forum. I chose the name "Sveta" because I like how it sounds and I study Russian. When I started venturing out into the real world a few months ago, though, I decided to go with a different name, "Ava". The latter is easier to spell and pronounce, and I honestly think it suits me more. As for why I decided to give myself a female name in the first place, it was originally because I thought that it was simply the "thing to do" when being on a crossdressing forum, and I didn't want to use my male name. Upon deeper reflection, though, I have begun to consider myself dual-gender, since there are indeed both male and female shades of my main personality, and those shades are reflected in how I present myself, which involves my clothes, my actions, and my name.

Katey888
06-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Why choose a female name? Simple for me... :)

After a brief period of lurking it became clear that most members here chose a female name with which to be addressed, even if it's not their username (point to newbies here: you don't have to call me Katey888... it makes me feel like an android or a refugee from 'Logan's Run'.. ;) just Katey or Lady Katey will do...)

So, not wishing to appear weird... :lol: I opted for a female name as it fitted in better, and with hindsight, this is much more an expression of my femme aspect so really fits better...

And anyway, I think it would jar a little if conversations started with: "So Derek, are you more a skirt or dress girl...?" or "Hey Reginald - those slingbacks go really well with that Laura Ashley summer dress..."

(Apologies to any member whose legal name is Reginald - it was just an example and I'm sure the dress is real cute...)

If I ever get out - I will be Katey or Kate, no doubt... :)

Katey x

Byron
06-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Mine was the nickname of a long gone friend, that I decided to pick up and continue to use as the name for my female persona. As for why, I just felt like I should have a fem name to use for when that part of me is let loose. :D

Judith96a
06-18-2014, 05:09 PM
I identify as a male CD'er. I choose to use a female name here and when out and about en femme because it feels rather incongruous to be presenting as female and using a male name.

Why 'Judith'? Because, after trying a few alternatives 'Judith' (or 'Judy') just felt 'right'. Then one day I was talking with my cousin, who has a daughter named Judith and who reminded me of a conversation that she had (in my hearing) with my parents while she was pregnant with Judith. They were discussing potential names. Guess what name they had lined up for me had I been born a girl? My cousin's little joke was that her Judith is sorta named after me! Little does she know! Guess some things are just meant to be!

Deedee Skyblue
06-18-2014, 05:26 PM
My first 2 initials are D. D. The girly part of me has been Deedee ever since I knew she was there. Blue and white were my high school colors. So there it is!

Deedee Skyblue

Roxie
06-18-2014, 05:32 PM
I'm with Zylia on this, picked it out for username for this site. I like the name Roxie and it fits for my fem side

Hell on Heels
06-18-2014, 05:33 PM
Hell--o Michelle, My female name came about the same time as joining the forum. For me, seeing someone presenting themselves as a female, I'll end up referring to them as her, or she. Having a female name to back that up just feels better when referring to that person.
If I feel this way, others are probably the same, so call me Kristyn if you like, if your uncomfortable calling this guy in a dress by a female name, my profile name is available as well.
Much Love,
Kristyn
AKA.. Hell on Heels

Adriana Moretti
06-18-2014, 05:38 PM
Why choose a female name? Simple for me... :)

After a brief period of lurking it became clear that most members here chose a female name with which to be addressed, even if it's not their username (point to newbies here: you don't have to call me Katey888... it makes me feel like an android or a refugee from 'Logan's Run'.. ;) just Katey or Lady Katey will do...)

Or you can say her name like I do...which is Katey Victoria Beckham Kensington Winslet III ...you have to add in the III part or its just not official.

samantha rogers
06-18-2014, 05:42 PM
I spent a long time deciding what my name was to be. Since I was allowing myself the freedom to exist free of all the other trappings laid upon me by outside influences over my life, I thought it fitting to rechristen myself as well, lol. My name has no significance in regard to who I have always been seen as before, and simply felt right to represent who I actually feel like. It was for me, and how it makes me feel. Do you like it?
:battingeyelashes:

Michelle789
06-18-2014, 05:46 PM
Thank you everyone for your responses. I just wanted to add a reminder that this thread is about why you chose a female name, not why you chose the specific female name that you did. I think there's a thread for that in the sticky.

Megan Thomas
06-18-2014, 05:54 PM
For me it was originally about giving the female side of me an identity because it felt silly appearing female and using a male name. As the years rolled by and the true nature of my gender dysphoria became clearer I changed the name I'd used to one I felt was more comfortable for me in real life.

AnneC
06-18-2014, 05:55 PM
When I dress I become Anne. This forum is the same thing. Here I am Anne.

Jamiegirl1
06-18-2014, 06:13 PM
I use Jamie,it is part of my real name....think I might change it later to a more feminine name...Jamie can be boy or girl..and so can I ,so maybe I will keep it....don't know.....

Ressie
06-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Never had a female name until I joined forums and chat sites. I remember going by Kitty around 17 years ago, and I've had a few other names since. But I've found it's normal to have a fem name when going out. Every CD I've met in RL goes by a fem moniker. But there's also the androgynous names: Pat, Chris, etc.

But, I don't refer to my fem self in the 3rd person like many here do. lol

RenneB
06-18-2014, 07:15 PM
I agree with most of the others as I picked it once I found I was not alone in the world like this. That is when I joined this site. I closed my eyes and came up with it. Helps to project the image that I'm going for.....

Nice topic. Thanks.

Renne.....

Princess Grandpa
06-18-2014, 08:06 PM
My granddaughter named me Princess Grandpa one day while we were playing one day. This was some time before I discovered that I enjoy dressing like a woman. When I realized this was something I needed, I found this site and this user ID just made sense. Going out and about it became obvious I needed a femme name. My wife helped me to choose Rita.

Hug
Rita

abby054
06-18-2014, 08:23 PM
Abby is my nickname in male mode. The moniker comes from the Mel Brooks movie, Young Frankenstein.

AllieSF
06-18-2014, 08:43 PM
I couldn't see myself walk into a restaurant and say reservation for Dick (Richard in full length) when I am dressed as a woman. Made no sense to me then and still doesn't. Hell, I go to all this trouble to get the right clothes, undergarments to create a feminine figure, accessories to complete the picture, nice wig, etc. and then I want to introduce myself as a guy with a male name. No way, Jose. As I said it makes no sense to me when one does not want one. Each to their own, but I am Allie when dressed as a woman.

Allisa
06-18-2014, 08:59 PM
While at a meeting one night with the room full of CDers and TS's( there was no transgender back then) it just felt right that I should have a "femme" name for the gender I was presenting as and it just sounded so good, I guess as an affirmation of how I felt. Does that make any sense? I don't know why I added the feminine to my avatar.

Janine cd
06-18-2014, 09:09 PM
I've used my feminine name since I first shared my thoughts about being a CD some 20 years ago. Going on line I discovered that I was not alone in my desire to appear feminine. It has been a truly rewarding experience since that time.

Raven Wynter Rayne
06-18-2014, 10:33 PM
I love crows (have one),ravens and winter rain so of course it had to be Raven Wynter Rayne, not the first however My first mail orders needed a femme name (all this after telling the wife of My cd'ing) out of the blue I picked the name Linda Hamel but did not like it much, Raven Wynter Rayne

AmandaM
06-18-2014, 10:39 PM
I just picked a name. Didn't want you calling me Bob, or Sam, or whatever my real name is.

LICutie
06-18-2014, 10:41 PM
I chose a female name but only after having an alter identity incubator (LICutie). Then from that i birthed my name (Lilian). And i am working on the multiple beings i am loving and accepting each other, as we speak...
:)

ArleneRaquel
06-18-2014, 10:46 PM
I live virtually 24/7 as a woman and have done so since 2004. So I thought I should use my female name here.

susmitha
06-18-2014, 10:49 PM
I am from India. "Susmitha" means lady with beautiful smile in Indian languages. I can smile beautifully. Once my mother had told me that in childhood, I had dressed as a girl once and that time nobody could say that I was a boy and looked more beautiful than my sisters. Considering all this, I selected my name.

Jamie Marie
06-18-2014, 11:29 PM
I also see myself as female and always identify as such. My female name utilizes the first letters of my male name and therefore is easy to remember.

Angie G
06-18-2014, 11:53 PM
My female name came about after coming out to my wife. I loved Angie Dickinson ans the stones tune Angie So I use the name.:hugs:
Angie

BOBBI G.
06-19-2014, 03:21 AM
Actually, my parents chose the name for me. Just a different nickname spelling. Born Robert (Bobby) it was easy enough to change female when I realized and admitted to myself who I was. My ex-wife gave our daughter one of my middle names as her first. So, in her honor, I will be taking her name as my first and Bobbi will be my middle, when I have it legally changed through the courts. My name, at that time will be Erica Bobbi Gruetter. While it does not roll off the tongue, it all has a lot of meaning to me, and I am the one who counts.

Bobbi

In case ya'll haven't figured it out I am a transgender girl and so proud of what I have accomplished so far.

Teresa
06-19-2014, 04:22 AM
I have to go along with Katey's answer it just feels right and logical, if you want the look you need a name to go with it.
I also like the transition of my real name to my fem one !

Katey your reply really does echo the Two Ronnies comedy sketch, " The Worm that Turned " . Don't tell me you're too young to remember it !!

NavyM2F_WAM
06-19-2014, 06:33 AM
I only started crossdressing a few months ago, but I have thought about crossdressing and becoming a woman for years. Only a few weeks ago (if that), I found that "Charlotte" was one of the most popular girls' names on a website (don't remember the name now). I thought it sounded nice. "Allison" is basically a female form of my genetic middle name, "Allen", so that fit.

Stephanie Julianna
06-19-2014, 08:36 AM
It's the name that makes the most sense to use here.

KaceyR
06-19-2014, 09:26 AM
For me, I was a brand new CDer when I joined. But I felt a couple things.
1: I felt that my CDing life was going to drastically affect things and be a major part of me and I needed to take seriously.
2: I knew eventually I would be out and about as Kacey from the beginning.
3: I also was considering Kacey to be a "new start" in my life in a lot of different ways.

So I worked the name out very seriously.
I spent a week or 2 working out my name before registering even after I'd decided to register.
Started thinking of near matches to my 'legal' name "Wesley" (frequently teased "Leslie" in school and other places) but decided not to go that route due to negative vibes/association from that time. I went on figuring something to push the "new start" aspect and to disassociate with the drab side. Kacey popped up as a "fun" impressioning name.
The last was roughest and slightly sillier. But it needed to change as well to complete a feeling of identity shift.
And I am a Stevie Nicks/Fleetwood Mack fan....
And I also liked the name's history/origins. It's not standard as a last name but it felt right.

Abby is my nickname in male mode. The moniker comes from the Mel Brooks movie, Young Frankenstein.

Well, hopefully you didn't (or don't) pick a last name based on all the crew on ship in the Mel Brooks movie Spaceballs.. :)

DonnaT
06-19-2014, 10:57 AM
I wanted a name that matched my avatar image, and a name that was different from my own. Couldn't very well choose Tom then could I ;)

Chloe75
06-19-2014, 12:44 PM
For me, its part of becoming the character. Just as actors will be cast with different names so I took on the name Chloe to help me embrace the character I have become. I have a middle and last name too which makes me feel more genuine, I guess. :battingeyelashes:

connie johnson
06-19-2014, 12:57 PM
I chose Connie when I first started dressing around my wife and we bought me a french maids outfit. She said at the time that she always wanted a maid and said her name would be Consuela. So I just sorta went with it.

Christen
06-19-2014, 01:16 PM
I chose a female name because it makes sense to me, as a guy who likes to dress as a woman. This site is like my best playground, somewhere I can be my female self, so a female name fits best. Although, I must admit there are moments when I'd be happy to just use my real name .. not that there's a lot of difference.

Christen x

Carole
06-19-2014, 01:37 PM
It made sense to me to call myself by a female name when dressed. I 'came out', ie first time out in public, at Christmas so I thought obviously I must be a Christmas Carol the 'e' was added for sophistication and I preferred it. Simples :)

Felicia Dee
06-20-2014, 09:40 AM
...I (often) consider myself dual-gender, since there are indeed both male and female shades of my main personality, and those shades are reflected in how I present myself, which involves my clothes, my actions, and my name.

This. Essentially.

Amanda M
06-20-2014, 10:32 AM
Because I'd look a bit silly looking like this and calling myself Albert!

air_walk
06-20-2014, 03:21 PM
I want to imagine myself as a woman by dressing up and playing the role. A female name is an essential part of that role. (And being called by the lovely associated pronouns - 'she' and 'her')

2B Natasha
06-20-2014, 03:54 PM
I think I have answered this before, but I'll do it again.

Mostly I have no attachment to my given name from birth for whatever reason. I don't hate it just am " Meh " about it. So by picking a name I at least identify with it more then the other name.

Samantha_Smile
06-20-2014, 05:48 PM
Simplicity, convenience (allows me to hold a separate online identity), and its fun... like playing a character :)

Robin777
06-20-2014, 05:54 PM
I use a female name ,which is similar to my male name because when I dress I feel I am female. So it just made sense to use a female name here.

AmyGaleRT
06-20-2014, 07:32 PM
I suppose I had a conception of part of myself being female, even before I joined this forum. I only "finalized" the name of my femmeself when I learned of what my mother would have named me if I'd been born a girl. (In discussing that with my third brother, my mother's youngest, he said, "Yup, we all would have been 'Amy' if we'd been girls." He agreed it was only fitting I should take that name.) But I'd had a different femme name before that.

Now, of course, I've built more of an identity around this name, and I have no problems introducing myself to other people, saying, "Hello, I'm Amy," or, last night, when signing in for my committee meeting, writing "Amy Tapie" on the sign-in sheet. (When I signed the condolence book at a memorial for a local trans author and activist a couple of weeks ago, I signed my full name in cursive.)

- Amy

Marcelle
06-20-2014, 07:38 PM
Good question. I guess I chose a female name to normalize my presentation when dressed and out and about. Now my male name does have a similar female version but I never liked my male name that much because I never got to pick it. So when Isha came to light I got to pick her name and I did. However in the end I do it match the presentation (female clothes, make-up, wig . . . female name / boy clothes - boy name).

Hugs

Isha

Sometimes Steffi
06-20-2014, 09:01 PM
I first used a female name when I joined this forum, because I wanted to be identified as a girl "sometimes".

Once I picked a name, I started using it everywhere. I have a girl email account to keep my she mail separate from my he mail. I'm met a number of CDs from this forum FtF, and I felt more comfortable with a female name, especially when out en femme. And since I'm out a lot now, all the girls call me by my girl name. So, it works all around.

Jenny Miller
06-21-2014, 12:54 AM
I chose a female name because it seemed to make the most sense because I'm here the most when I'm en femme, so why not have a name that suits that as well as maintaining my boy mode anonymity. Also, I saw many others here do it and that inspired me to pick out a name for myself for the increasing time I spend en femme.

Jocelyn Quivers
06-21-2014, 07:11 AM
Since I go by my male name 100% of the time when in male mode, outside of this forum. The last thing I want is to continue to be addressed by a male name, especially since I primarily inside the MTF forum and identify as MTF TG. My wife really does not even address me by my male name anymore while in girl mode. Plus would a masculine oozing of testosterone name such as "Clark Montgomery (Zap) Brannigan" really go well based on how I present? The correct answer should be no!!!!!!:D

Tracy Hazel Lee
06-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Last year, I went to a Halloween party fully dressed, and I didn't tone anything down (Hip pads, butt, forms, makeup as best as I could manage, and of course, a wig)

When I arrived at the party, most of the people were in the backyard. There is a walkway that goes from the street, along the side of the house and into the backyard. And there's a clear line of sight from there to my car. While walking from the car to the backyard, many people were looking in my direction, and probably thinking, 'who the hell is that?'.

Nobody (with the exception of one person), knew that I was coming dressed. And most of them agreed that they had no idea it was me until I said something.

Anyways, after the initial shock and awe of my arrival, one of the girls walks up to me and asks, 'what do we call you?... I'm not calling you Barry, looking like that'.

What she said, is the 'exact' reason why I opted to give myself a female name way back when. After the 2nd or 3rd time I ever got fully dressed with makeup and wig, looking in the mirror, I asked myself 'who is this person?'. I decided that I needed a name to complete the image I was looking at in the mirror...simple as that. It just felt 'right'.

Fast forward a month or so, I created a profile on the URNA website, and that was truly the first place I had ever used a female name, and it has stuck with me all the way to now.

Sharon B.
06-21-2014, 09:02 AM
When I am dressed as a woman including makeup and look into the mirror I don't see my male self but a woman looking back at me. Some 20-plus years ago I decided that I like the name Sharon and it has stuck with my feminine self since then.

CarlaWestin
06-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Carla is a twist of my first name, Charles.
The Westin part comes from a girl I met when I was about 14 years old. It was her last name and I can't remember her first. She moved into the big rich people house and had a real interesting international world view attitude due to her parents travels with the State Department. At 14, she was stacked and had a habit of completely disrobing when I was at her house. Ahh! that first experience with a mature woman (girl, with real boobs, 14). So, the Westin part is a tribute to the adventurous exibitionist that influenced my own self acceptance. I squished the name together when some online software started turning Westin into an add link for the hotel chain.

Hence, CarlaWestin.

Which flags in spell check.

Whew!

:straightface:

Cheryl T
06-21-2014, 12:06 PM
I agree completely Michelle. I too identify as female and do not at all feel I am, nor do I try to be a "dude in a dress".
My name was chosen as a homage to my first crush in elementary school. We never dated and I simply "worshipped from afar", but to this day I remember her and how I always felt when around her.
Also, I chose it as it is not a modification of my name or another male name.

Ginger Jameson
06-21-2014, 12:08 PM
I chose a female name because I dress so I can feel feminine. Being called James when I'm in that mood is just flat out strange feeling.

Samie
06-21-2014, 12:13 PM
When I first joined a crossdresser group they wanted a user name....preferably female....now JimBob just didn't cut it (nothing wrong with the name) so I picked a female name. Got rather use to it although I could have made a better choice and after years of trying I hung on to Samie. If I am here I don't want to be called by my male name, I want to go the complete route with a female choice.....although Samie might be a male name as well.

Crissy Kay
06-21-2014, 03:23 PM
My story is pretty close to Sharon"s. I picked the name "Crissy" because I like the sound of it, and it kind of fits my femm self.

toriwilliams
06-21-2014, 06:45 PM
when i first started dressing I used to go to this smoothie shop downtown. You place your order, give them your name and when your order is ready, they call you by name; so its just seemed appropriate to give them a female name. Then, I thought that if I am going to go places that may required giving a name, I might as well have a female name. :)

Marsha My Dear
06-24-2014, 12:00 PM
From Marsha Brady on the Brady Bunch. As a teen I not only had a crush on her, I wanted to be her (the dawning of my crossdressing journey). Marsha is also close to my guy name, so if my wife or I slip and say 'Marsha' by mistake, there's an out.

Jaymees22
06-24-2014, 01:59 PM
My sometimes nickname is Jay, so my name is Jaymee because it's all about me.:)

suchacutie
06-24-2014, 02:47 PM
The weekend that my wife and I discovered Tina, even the discussions of the first few hours of Tina's existence showed that Tina had significant differences from my male self. Heck, just donning women's clothes and being comfortable was so far different from my male self as to be rediculous, but it was much more than that. My wife wanted a way to make it clear when she was speaking to my feminine self, and when my feminine self responded. That led us to the idea of a separate e-mail address, and a need for a separate name to identify the thoughts/actions of my feminine self.

As you can see from my avatar, my wife was serious about that name idea, as 6 months later when we saw a vendor in the Atlanta Underground making named necklaces, she suggested we get one for Tina (I was in male mode) and you can see that necklace in my avatar. Tina is a person in our relationship. There's always reference to "Tina would like that movie/dress/jewelry, etc.", or "that's something Tina would do well (or not)".

It certainly isn't this way for everyone, but Tina is much more than a name as it exemplifies the person behind the name.

Beverley Sims
07-01-2014, 11:15 PM
My female name was chosen by my girlfriends as I can be called Bev in either mode quite easily.

MissTee
07-01-2014, 11:39 PM
Quite simply, it felt right and seemed to fit. Explaining beyond that is akin to explaining why I dress.

Athena_
07-02-2014, 02:03 PM
I never used a female name before joining this forum. I have to say though, that chosing a female name for my other persona, has been an enlightening experience. Using a female name for my crossdressing self has given me a different viewpoint. I think about Athena as an additional expression of myself. I now have something to call that part of my self. I find a certain comfort in giving my crossdressing self another name. I can still be myself or I can be Athena when the time is right. I find that I miss Athena when I am not able to crossdress for a long period of time. I don't think I would have given my crossdressing self a female name if it was not done regularly on this forum. I have to say that I like it. :)

samantha rogers
07-02-2014, 02:12 PM
I thought about what my name was to be for literally years, before deciding. It took that long because the indentity was being born simultaneously (or rather emerging...a better description). I was entirely closeted during that time. It was only at the time of first joining an online community (not this one) that I first used my name. By then my name and myself were full merged. It now feels strange to speak my legal name or hear it used. I expect that feeling to grow stronger with time.

Zoe B
07-02-2014, 02:59 PM
For me it seemed a little odd to be called by my male name while dressed as a female, I think I needed to differentiate from myself and my femme self. So I simply took the name my parents were going to use if I was born a girl.

sometimes_miss
07-02-2014, 11:23 PM
I chose a female name because after lurking here for quite some time, I saw that everyone else had used one, so I thought it was the appropriate thing to do. I remembered when I was a child, and had thought that I was really supposed to be a girl, how one day, one of the other boys called me the female version of my male name to humiliate me, and for a moment back then, I truly wished that it was my name, and that I was that girl. But not wanting to be out, I simply decided to use the female version of the name I would have chosen had I been able to pick it out myself: Alexandra. And as I have always felt kind of stuck as a girl of about 14, Lexi seemed to fit what I would have been called.

AliyahS619
07-03-2014, 12:24 AM
I chose a female name mostly for some semblance of anonymity. But when I'm dressed, I don't really think of myself as any name at all. Just a female. I've never really used my female name with someone other than on here.

But I think that's a part of where I am right now on the continuum. I think if I get further along, I would start using my female name more.

noeleena
07-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Hi.

As my birth name is male and female I have no issue with what people call me so... noel or no-el to noeleena.. Jos calls me noel and a few as well,

My names are noeleena edwina Loch-head, and I have two other birth names as well .

In fact our Endo asked or said what are we going to call you I had to think about that so I said I don't know , I was not going to change my name though he thought I needed to so at first I thought noeleen , till a RN said it has to be noeleen'e' the 'e' is stressed as an a as in German ,

So noeleena it is, and im well known as such.

...noeleena...

Amanda L.
07-03-2014, 09:11 AM
I thought I would never take a female name. Resisting this move allowed me to retain at least some separation between my masculine and feminie self. When I joined this forum I thought "bugger I'm going to have to go down that path". So I took Amanda because "I am A Man......Der!" Since committing to the name I feel complete in my feminine self and can separate myself from my maleness. I feel more like a woman now that I have a name.
I guess there's no point doing something half arsed, if its worth doing you gotta do it right.
And this is definitely worth doing.
Cheers
Amanda

Kitty215
07-23-2014, 01:26 PM
:daydreaming:I chose a female name when joining this forum. I hadn't had one before, but thought if I wanted to participate it would be more as my femme side. She never had a name before, and I haven't made it out of the house yet so I never needed one.

Kitty :daydreaming:

Dianne S
07-23-2014, 03:24 PM
I picked a female name because it was awkward being called by my male name when I was presenting female. Kind of broke the illusion. :)

Recently, I changed my female name to one I like much better (Dianne) and it's starting to grow on me... I really feel like "Dianne" sometimes.

Martha G
07-23-2014, 04:40 PM
I chose a female name since when I dress I become the character I am dressing as, whether it's a costume character ( male or female0 or I am simply dressed as a woman.

Since this forum deals with our feminine side it is quite appropriate to have a female name.

I would feel quite awkward using a male name in this forum.

Krystenw
07-23-2014, 05:13 PM
My given name was supposed to be Christian.
But somehow it ended up being spelled Christen on my birth certificate.
No body even noticed until I went to get my concealed carry permit.
That was after I had spent six years in the Navy.
My wife decide it should be spelled Krysten.
She has never called me anything other then that.

MssHyde
07-23-2014, 05:25 PM
Cheyenne was the name I choose for my first horse I bought when I was 13 years old he was so beautiful.. he touched my soul, became part of me.. just as she is part of me.. so Cheyenne seemed fitting..

the last name Hyde (MssHyde is from Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde this was before the Dr Jekyll Ms Hyde movie came out..

I thought the hide (hyde) name was fitting too.

GeminaRenee
07-23-2014, 08:57 PM
At first, I just picked an actual name because I that was what most of the other crossdressers on the internet seemed to be doing. Having an actual name seemed more personal and less clinical than going around being called "NylonPrincess," which was actually my first online handle that represented this part of me in any way. At that time, it made me feel more authentic, and as someone who really only dressed in L'Eggs and lipstick and an occasional pair of heels, I was desperately in need of authenticity.

As I began to present more fully, I switched names a couple of times, but it was all really more for the convenience of people I didn't know than anything else. My enthusiastic ex wife called me by my given name when dressed. Because I was never really attached to any of those names, they changed periodically through the years. They were all culled from women I had known and admired in real life. They all felt borrowed.

Now I've settled on on that is unique, and is meaningful to me. Still, I feel it's more for the convenience of others. My friends who knew me before they knew that I crossdressed still call me by my given name when I'm dressed. I prefer it that way, because that's ultimately who I am. The general population gets introduced to Gemina and come to know me that way.

MelanieAnne
07-23-2014, 09:23 PM
I had to pick a user name. My better judgement told me "Budweiser Bob" might not be a good choice. :D

Sophie Yang
07-24-2014, 08:03 AM
When I started, maybe because I started late, I really did not have a lot of angst about dressing. I recognized that dressing made me happy, gave me a sense of balance, and I just had to be wise enough to explore and accept it as part of me. Sophie is a form of Sophia, Greek for wisdom. Yang is the male component of Yin and Yang which better describes me than the female component, the Yin. Mei is Chinese for beautiful.

Krisi
07-24-2014, 08:31 AM
I picked a female name because it seem wrong to slap on a wig and boobs and be named "Bill", "Bob or "Homer".

Seana Summer
07-24-2014, 09:03 AM
I chose Seana when I first began interacting with other CDers. It was more for the comfort of others than myself.

I have always maintained that I am 1 person not 2. Sometime I just look completely different.

You may call me either Sean or Seana

Just don't call me later for Supper!!

Kylee-Blackstad
07-24-2014, 09:26 AM
My first experiences with the CD community lead me to see this was a somewhat important part of the CD sub-culture. The Pagan religious community, especially Wicca, has a sub-cultural/religious element to choose what is known as a magickal name. This name is found through spiritual experiences and is used to also identify oneself as Pagan as well as provide some level of anonymity if desired. Of course there are those that don't choose one. Being Pagan myself I never choose one, but it was largely as I felt outside Wicca's subculture.

To me here it functions in the same way, it validates one's cross dressing identity, it is found/chosen to communicate the CD's feminine gender expression/identity, and provides anonymity to those that desire it.

I choose Kylee in that same fashion in the reasons I listed above.

Bobbett
09-05-2014, 09:21 PM
I choose to use the name of this beautiful girl I new in school

Yoshisaur
09-05-2014, 09:37 PM
I actually should of chosen a female name when I first created an account. If I could change my username I would change it to Kira.

Babbs
09-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Why? because there is nothing dumber than seeing a hot chick named Fred!

Kaze_
09-05-2014, 09:52 PM
I never thought of not using a female name here. Even elsewhere on the internet my usernames range from androgynous to girly depending on what I could get away with.

Though I didn't want to use my normal online handle here for obvious reasons and I had been waiting a long time to use "Kaze"(kass-ie). Ive always love the name "Cassie" anyways.

renee elizabeth
09-06-2014, 04:01 AM
I like having the different names since they represent both sides of who I am. Male and female.

freeindress
09-06-2014, 04:13 AM
My first name has a widely used feminine spelling by adding two letters at the end. It feels natural to use it to address my feminine side.

ophelia
09-06-2014, 09:55 AM
For this site I wanted a derivation on a classic name. Ophelia was a beautiful innocent girl driven mad by Hamlet. I misspelled Opheliac, as in hypocondriac, and ended up with just Ophelia.
When I go for a makeup/hair I ask the artist to choose an name and I use it for the day!

Tiffany Jane
09-06-2014, 10:51 AM
For starters, there was no way I was going to put my real name on here. Don't get me wrong, I am glad I found everyone here, but I don't desire to meet outside of this forum. When I saw that the only personal info required for signing up was my bday, I tried to think of a name that represented these other feelings I had to bring me here. I also wanted something that sounded real to me, who I could feel comfortable with. SO referred to me as TJ after reading my posts. I think it will stick for now.

SamanthaSometimes
09-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Since I identify as female as well as male, it just makes sense that I would use a feminine name when using a CD forum. I mean, using a male name while posting here would be just weird - and I don't do anything weird. :)

MsVal
09-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Choosing a feminine name seemed to be the normal action on this forum, and it gave me the personal, internal permission to interact as a woman, so I chose MsVal.
Why MsVal?
I would be more likely to respond to MsVal in a spoken conversation because it is very close to my real name.

Kris Avery
09-07-2014, 11:02 AM
Actually, my SO and I were talking about how I identified as female and she happened to ask that she read in a book where some that CD with GD often have a female name.
I immediately told her I had always thought of myself internally as Wendy and the rest is history.

Living in a house with kids it's funny to have items marked with a "W" since that doesn't match any initials of those who live here (or so they think):D

Lexi Moralas
09-08-2014, 02:19 PM
For me my fem side is like a whole separate person so she needs her own name.
After every purge I some what reinvented that person with a new name and all!

CherylFlint
09-08-2014, 03:01 PM
The first time I used a female name was when I ordered a skirt, a blouse and a bra from JC Penny that I was to pickup at the store. So I drop-off my “Pick-up” notice and take a number. Little while later this woman calls out, “Cheryl Flint, skirt, blouse and bra, window 3”.
I was embarrassed and the woman was sure surprised to see a guy standing there with the right number.
There’s not many things I buy online, but when I do I use my female name. To me, it just seems to make proper sense.
Cheryl has her own closet, no men stuff. Likewise, all my drab stuff is separate, even in another room entirely. The second bedroom is Cheryl’s.
Sounds crazy but makes perfect sense to me.

Alexis Jade (AJ)
09-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Though I was using Sara, my best friend helped me with the name I'll be using from here on out and have been using on my online stuff...Alexis Jade Caffrey...but everyone can call me A.J. :)

katie elouise
09-08-2014, 04:36 PM
As I spend around 50% of my life fully as a woman and my wife and I have mutual friends, she finds it easier that they know about Katie ,some "friends" have passed buy the wayside but those that remain said that they respect the honesty of being told . Which has turned out really well as when they call round out of the blue for a coffee / chat / whatever, they see me as a woman and treat me as a woman I don't hide or have any secrets from my friends if they wish to ask me anything I give an honest answer. This I find @ 50years old is a wonderful place to be I just didn't think it would take 30 years to be able to look in the mirror and be able to truly love the person looking back. That woman is Katie Eloise the name my wife gave me ( in a birthday card ) when I told her 30 years ago

lexivanderpump
09-08-2014, 08:44 PM
I am a straight married male. I use a female name because I actually feel really comfortable being feminine/girlie. And I thought, well what better place to accept me as Lexi than this forum. I love the name Lexi and I wish I could use it as my real name even though I am a straight male.

Love,
Lexi V.

Laura J
09-09-2014, 05:22 AM
Using my male name when dressed didn't seem right.

SANDRA MICHELLE
09-09-2014, 04:43 PM
I wanted to be known at tri ess meetings by a female name so when I started to go my wife and I came up with the name Sandra because we have no known relatives with that name, the michelle came next because I always liked my middle name Michael so I feminized it, Hence I am Sandra Michelle, wife just calls me Sandra but I prefer Sandra Michelle.