PDA

View Full Version : The Pink Fog seems to have burned off.

NikiMichelle
06-18-2014, 08:48 PM
Over the past month or so my keen desire to dress up seems to have waned a lot.

It took me decades to accept my CD'ing and I have been very comfortable with it for the past ten years and enjoyed it a lot.

I have always said that "I hate that I love to CD" but now I am having issues with the fading feelings of the desire to CD.

I am not sure if this is temporary and or whether I should be happy if I am losing the need to CD permanently?

Has anyone out there gone through this and what was your end result?

Janine cd
06-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Hi, NikiMichelle.
I've had the same experience many times before. It seems that losing interest in dressing is an ongoing experience based on current emotional state and advancing years. I've made the tragic choice of purging my wardrobe several times in the past and have always regretted it after. I'm sure that the desire to dress never goes away and that sooner or later it will return. Please be patient and give it time . I'm certain that you will find that the joy of seeing yourself as a beautiful woman will return.
Love, Janine.

RenneB
06-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Over the past half century on this rock, I've gone through some dry spells. The last one lasted over 15 years. Each time it comes back stronger and better (in my opinion). I've come to grips that it will always be part of me.....

Renne.....

Hell on Heels
06-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Hell-o Niki, I'm sure you know by now, CDing is always going to be part of our lives.
This "disinterest" in CDing, has it coincided with any new happenings in your life? Has anything changed that
may have distracted you, or taken up the time you had available to CD ?
These things have happened to me, the desire to CD has always come back.
If you think your losing the desire, i propose a quick test.... Go put on a dress and fix your makeup..... and tell me....
Does it feel right?
I hope you find your answer.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Kate Simmons
06-18-2014, 09:26 PM
My desire used to wax and wane like the Moon. Now it's always my choice of whether to do it or not.

Rachael Leigh
06-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Desires for many things come and go in life. Some are good some are not it's all a part of our human nature.
What all here need to decide is what does being a CD mean to you is it important enough in your life to continue or should you let it go.

CrossJess
06-19-2014, 06:31 AM
Everything comes round full circle again so I wouldn't worry, perhaps there are things in your life that are more important than cding right now?

kimdl93
06-19-2014, 06:50 AM
Experience has shown that few of us ever quit completely, but many experience ups and downs. Don't worry bout the future. Be happy now, dressed or not.

Mollyanne
06-19-2014, 06:56 AM
I can identify w/ya!!!!! I have been there and have done that but the cd'in does come back and in my case it has come back with a stronger than ever before need. I can't explain it as to why it happened or as to why it has returned stronger then ever but I have accepted this and now dress almost everyday. An example of this is to use a soap designed with cold cream, use hand cream on my hands everyday and at night before bed, make sure my nails are filed smooth, my stockings or pantyhose are folded neatly, my bras and panties are folded neatly and everything else that I own is in its place. May sound a little odd but portraying myself in a female role requires me to be neater and more organized than before.

Molly

Beverley Sims
06-19-2014, 07:01 AM
In situations like this the first thing I ask, has a new relationship or interest of some sort entered your life recently?

audreyinalbany
06-19-2014, 07:09 AM
I suspect I'm like many here….when I'm full on into cross dressing, I kind of wish it would go away and when it goes away, I miss it and wish it would come back. Sheesh! LIfe is hard, isn't it?

MzVanessa
06-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Great post NikkiMichelle. I have been there as well and now that like look back at it I wish I would have dressed more in a period when I was least interested. Shortly after divorce I was probably in the best shape and thinnest ever as I was running almost every day at about 147lbs... I had little to no interest in dolling up. Now... Flirting with around 200 lbs... I obsess with being able to dress up but find that most of my clothes do not fit comfortably. Although I could somewhat still pull it off... I don't feel as satisfied as when at least 20-30 lbs lighter. I have also found that I lose interest when I am dating a woman who somewhat fills that need for femininity.

NikiMichelle
06-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Good, accurate reply Audrey!

Farrah
06-19-2014, 07:08 PM
I can relate. There has been time when I thought that I couldn't do without cd'ing. However, once I get that "fix" (a week or 2), the pink fog begins to fade. I was explaining this to my wife a few weeks back. I told her that today I may be all in, but tomorrow or next week, I'm running from makeup, dresses, and the like. I wouldn't purge, if I were you. Sometimes we think that its gone and we purge all of our things. Then we see a beautiful woman all made up in the cutest outfit--triggered! In my case, I may dream about dressing and the pink fog becomes very thick. Just take a step back for a while. I'm sure it'll be back. However, if you don't want it back and it doesn't come back, good for you. However, I doubt that happens! ;)

BLUE ORCHID
06-19-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi Niki Michelle, Oh No, No one gets out of this program that easy.

Bryanne
06-19-2014, 08:52 PM
Having been away from CD for almost a decade, and finding my way back recently, I hope that I may share some helpful thoughts. I had a combination of things working against my CD, including disinterest, a marriage, lack of time and more, but I'd occasionally think about it, and want to do it. Coming back to it was akin to seeing an old friend, and picking back up right where we left off, albeit with less clothes. :battingeyelashes: Giving it some introspection, I can liken it to my film-buff days. I was truly into old films, and collected memorabilia, films, posters and more, and had done that for most of my life, then one day, just lost some interest. After selling most of my collection, I had thought I was over it, and moved on. Yet, now I find myself having a renewed interest, and naturally regretting selling so much of the collection.
Like any life-long interest, CD is a part of who I am, and I regret selling many dresses and more --not that I'd fit in all of them today!-- and having given up on it. Like many things in life, you may have some down time, but you'll most likely pick back up one day, even if simply for nostalgia or the joy of transforming into your femme self for just a little while. It may feel like a curse at times, but it's something special, and having it to come back to is grand.
Whichever road you choose, know that you're someone special who found that mystical link between your male and female sides, and having that gives you some insight to life that many will never know or come to appreciate.

Farrah
06-19-2014, 08:53 PM
Hi Niki Michelle, Oh No, No one gets out of this program that easy.

I agree!! :))

Milou
06-20-2014, 07:47 AM
Lately, I'm feeling a lot better about myself and at the same time my urge to crossdress has dropped immensely. Maybe it was a phase or not. I think this highly depends on the reason why you're crossdressing. For now, I'll just move on with my life.

Kiva
06-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Niki, my desires tend to ebb and flow. Summer times, I tend to not have no where near the desire, but when that first cold spell hits, it is my indicator that dressing season is once again upon me. Anymore, I have accepted the pattern and just go with it.

Ally 2112
06-20-2014, 04:07 PM
As most of the posts here have said i have been throu the same situation Niki and have even purged .But it always has come back

Robin777
06-20-2014, 06:08 PM
It happens to me when I have a lot of projects planned in the summer. I get busy on things and the dressing urges hit the back burner. It will ebb and flow in the summer. Really hits hard in the fall and winter. So it happens to a lot of us. Don't worry it will come back. Just don't purge. You will come to regret it.