PDA

View Full Version : A second chance

VickiTheGamer
06-19-2014, 08:16 AM
So, lets say though science, a drug is created that helps the body De-Age. It not only permits for a person to live on with out the fear of aging, but it can even reverse aging so that each year, instead of getting a year older, you get a year younger. Now, of course it's monitored so that you don't digress to such a youthful age that you die, but, your body can just keep going backwards until say, the maximum (or minimum if you will) is, say.....10.

[[[=-- Scientists claim to be a step closer to reversing the ageing process after rejuvenating worn out organs in elderly mice. The experimental treatment developed by researchers at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Harvard Medical School, turned weak and feeble old mice into healthy animals by regenerating their aged bodies.

The surprise recovery of the animals has raised hopes among scientists that it may be possible to achieve a similar feat in humans – or at least to slow down the ageing process.

An anti-ageing therapy could have a dramatic impact on public health by reducing the burden of age-related health problems, such as dementia, stroke and heart disease, and prolonging the quality of life for an increasingly aged population.

"What we saw in these animals was not a slowing down or stabilisation of the ageing process. We saw a dramatic reversal – and that was unexpected," said Ronald DePinho, who led the study, which was published in the journal Nature. ---=]]]

Ok, now then, here you are, able to reverse your BODY (not your mind) to be 10 again. Your bones have reduced in size and are now just like any 10 year old. Your organs and such are all nice and young. In fact, you are even going to go through puberty again. Other factors that might not go back would be things like virginity, etc. Surgery or scars will still be part of your life. If you lost a limb, it's not going to grow back. Stuff like that. But your eyesight may go back to being good, your health will of course depend on how you take care of yourself all those years your De-aging.

So how many of you who are Cross Dressers would at this point choose to go full women?

Your 10, you have the mind you had, but now, if you were to start hormones, your body would go through the changes and you NOW would be a great deal more female. Who would opt to Transform?

Thinking about this I believe that, were I single and alone, I would. I think it would be awesome to go back and get to experience being a girl. To me, that would be awesome. Live your life as a guy, then get to go back and live it as a girl. Granted, your not going backwards in time, only body, but you still get to live it now as a female.

Just sound cool. Like having the chance to live 2 totally different lives rather than one long one.

How about you all. Who would stay with CDing and who would Transform? AND why if different than what I posed?

VickiTheGamer
06-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Who knows. The future can hold a lot of great things. Take these two articles for example. Combine their capability, a little bit more research and wala, we get younger OR older. Our decision. Here are clips from the articles.

[[=-- Scientists Turn Back the Clock on Adult Stem Cells Aging
Reversing the aging process could lead to medical treatments for many chronic conditions
Researchers have shown they can reverse the aging process for human adult stem cells, which are responsible for helping old or damaged tissues regenerate. The findings could lead to medical treatments that may repair a host of ailments that occur because of tissue damage as people age. A research group led by the Buck Institute for Research on Aging and the Georgia Institute of Technology conducted the study in cell culture, which appears in the September 1, 2011 edition of the journal Cell Cycle. --=]]

[[=-- Patients could be treated with blood made from their own skin after a startling breakthough by scientists.
The prospect of ‘growing your own blood’ may mean the end of the need for endless donations by strangers to keep supplies topped up.
Scientists found that by injecting skin cells with DNA proteins and a cocktail of molecules they could turn them into blood cells. --=]]

Scary yet cool. So, if they can grow you blood cells, AND de-age them, then use them to reduce your aging......

Think about it. Getting to start over, but....as the women you have always pondered on being?

CrossJess
06-19-2014, 08:56 AM
No If I wasn't born a girl I would never go through the transformation that way because you still have male parts and I've had enough surgical operations in my life to last a life time, so a sex change would probably be still done under the knife and it would certainly be out the question, how ever if there was a pill that could easily change your parts and changed your whole body from male to female with no surgery required then I would definitely do it, but sees as that is not likely happen then I'm more than happy enough being a guy, I can't complain anyway I have all the girly features I want in the right places, I like being a gay "guy"so I'm lucky with the hand I've been dealt, anyway a pill that made you younger...so does that mean you would live forever?? naa not me don't want to live for ever reason being because I've already lost a lot of my family so Id love to see them again when I pass on I miss them terribly no amount of medical science will bring them back and the way the world is going I'm not sure I want to be a part of it when it all goes bang!,

Bria
06-19-2014, 09:19 AM
I don't want to live forever either. As I have gotten more mature (tounge in cheek at 73 years old) I see that so many things have changed since I was young that I wonder what this world will be like in another 20 years? Mind you I intend to be here to see!!

But, I also notice that I'm somewhat set in my thinking and see trends (in politics, religion, etc) that concern me. I think that it will be good for the next generation to deal with these problems. Not that I think the world will end or something like that, its just that we continually need new ways of looking at age-old problems.

Just think about the problems in the middle east. These disputes have been going on for over a thousand years and it seems that we are no closer to a solution.

One my trueisms is: sectular wars end and we are then great friends with our former enemies, religious wars never end, thy just ebb and flow. Will we find a way to get ur of this dilemina??

My 2 cents.

Hugs Bria

Melissa_59
06-19-2014, 09:35 AM
I think that if they can unravel the mystery of aging like this and conjure a way to reverse aging (which is amazing news, I read about that myself a little while back) that soon they'll find out how to manipulate other parts of the genome. It would be interesting to see how a body would react if the encoding were swapped from XY to XX - would certain organs slowly disappear and other organs manifest themselves internally?

Some folks have said they wouldn't want to live forever. I would, at least as far as I can tell right now. I'll turn 55 next month and so far every year is another year of positive accomplishments for humanity. Sure, we have a landslide of stupid backward moves going on too (ever present war, etc) but I try to focus on the positive aspects of life and not focus on the negative. It's something I learned in therapy a few years ago and I'm a much happier person these days because I choose to be (sorry, got off subject).

Live forever? Sure, why not? I remember when 250MB disk drives were the size of washing machines. I remember 80MB magnetic drum drives that weighed 2.25 TONS and cost millions of dollars, and now you can put 128GB USB drives in your pocket and they cost $50. I remember cars that got 8 miles per gallon, and now there are cars that do not need gasoline or diesel at all. I remember my first transatlantic flight on a prop airplane, that's unheard of these days. I remember when any sort of cancer was a death sentence, usually within a few months. Now medical science has allowed people to beat cancer, many times.

The world has changed in wonderful ways if you focus on the positive. I'd like to be around a few more centuries and see what wonders lie ahead. I want to know the solutions to mysteries we have today. I love learning.

~Mel

CrossJess
06-19-2014, 10:06 AM
I remember when any sort of cancer was a death sentence, usually within a few months. Now medical science has allowed people to beat cancer, many times.

~Mel

Yes it has come on leaps and bounds thankfully, my dad would of died from lung cancer 6 years go if it wasn't for a special drug keeping him alive now, we can only hope they nip this in the bud once and for all.:hugs:

Saepe
06-19-2014, 11:35 AM
I'm more put-off by the notion of not being able to tell how old people are and by people living forever than I am turning my body significantly more feminine.

If it was common for people my age (21) to go back to 10, I'd do it. If I did it, I'd probably also start hormones.

abby054
06-19-2014, 11:53 AM
To be young again? Absolutely! Without hesitation! I'm with Ponce de Leon on this one. I would put some serious effort into it if necessary.

To be female easily but perhaps irreversibly? I'd have to think long and hard about that. It is a man's world, despite the fact that I live in a matriarchal society as most Americans do. As women come to dominate this society more and more, there may come a point where I may change my opinion on this. In any case, I would dress en femme, regardless of gender.

An interesting twist to this: Girls are often viewed as most attractive when they are young. Getting older may not be a good thing for their looks. Guys are often viewed as attractive when older or at least they seem to be attractive as they age. At least that is an oversimplified take on conventional opinion. Changing from male to female would seem like a double thing: from younger as male to older as female. Definitely oversimplified: I have found 60 year old females far more attractive now as I am 60 than they were when I was much younger. Not sure what to think about this situation.

Jorja
06-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Where can I sign up for this program Vicki?

Karren J
06-19-2014, 06:44 PM
I would be waiting in line the night before!

Deedee Skyblue
06-19-2014, 06:50 PM
John Varley wrote at least one science fiction story in which biological technology was advanced enough that it was relatively easy to change your sex, and there were some people who went back and forth regularly. That would be very cool!

Deedee

BLUE ORCHID
06-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi Vicki, Not sure that I want to go back through all that.

Beverley Sims
06-20-2014, 05:01 AM
In retrospect with the relationships and associations I had when I was twenty, the knowledge I have now and if medical science was up to date, I would have transitioned.

On reflection, I would have missed out on raising a family, a wonderful wife and paying taxes to the Guv'mint. :)

Naah! Happy as I am. :)

Mollyanne
06-20-2014, 06:44 AM
I thought about what you had posted and I don't think I would do it, although the idea of living my life as a female is most alluring. I have been to therapists in the past and they all have agreed that I have more feminine tendencies then male so at one point I planned on SRS and HRT but the monetary issue prevented me from following through. I accept myself w/my female image and dream that I will return to this earth as a GG

Molly

VickiTheGamer
06-27-2014, 12:17 AM
I guess in a way, I also look at this as a chance to have lived both. I have lived as a male all my life. Granted, I am a Cross Dresser but only in my own home, with a few attempts to venture into the public. But Generally speaking, I have been a guy. To me, this is a chance to get to try out being a women. I did Male, now I see it as a chance now to do Female. :D

Robinsinclair
06-27-2014, 01:09 AM
In a heartbeat!

A chance to start over. A chance to avoid the mistakes made on the first trip. And the ability to make new mistakes in a different gender.

That would be truly wonderful.

R

Sc0rp10N
06-27-2014, 02:16 AM
I have a different answer, at least partially... I'm nearing 40 and becoming very conscious of the length of time I have left. Mortality is not a joyful subject for me, especially being an atheist. If I were able to be 20-25 again, I would jump on it in a heartbeat, though if never go back to 10. Not that it was a bad time, but I have a kid, so... Weirdness... Anyway, I also would likely not want to alter my given gender, its just not my thing... But... To live forever? Yes. I would do that. I guess you could say I have an unhealthy fear of death. That might also make one wonder why I smoke... Maybe that is precisely why I fear death... Hmmm...

Marcelle
06-27-2014, 03:48 AM
Hi Vicki . . . fun question. I would be lying if I said I would not jump at the chance of being younger again but I am with Scorpio on this one perhaps 25 or 30 then hold steady. Would I want to live forever . . . well that seems a bit extreme but it would be nice to see where we (humans) wind up a few hundred years down the road (hopefully it is not the scrap heap of extinction). Would I want to be a woman? Nope. However I would definitely have a great time being younger and CDing.

Hugs

Isha

Vala
06-27-2014, 06:38 AM
Honestly I wouldn't want to do it. If could do it then others could/will do it and I do think that the world will become one crowded terrible place.

@isha, it ain't a fun thought but I do believe we humans will become extinct because our species is terrible good at destroying everything including our self.