PDA

View Full Version : Clearing the male wardrobe !

Teresa
06-19-2014, 08:32 AM
It doesn't seem like many weeks since I posted a moan about my usual Xmas present of the trusty cords and manly check shirt, instead of something nice to wear!
Now my summer hols are round the corner and I'm instructed to sort my wardrobe to see what I want to take ! Also adding don't worry I'll help you ! No you won't, not until the shaved leg issue is sorted !
Basically trousers are the problem, WTF was I doing buying all these that I could fit both legs down one leg hole ?
I think most know the answer, it's what dad wore! He was a trusty man and father, big trousers pronounced that !
I'm 5' 7" and weigh no more than a strong breeze would blow over, that lot has got to go ! I never thought I would start to hate male clothes but don't female ones feel and fit better and as for mens shoes, what am I going to wear with those brown leather Oxfords ? A fashionable tweed skirt !
OK we all know what we would like to replace them with, but it's just a dream to me !

The shopping trip is planned and what's the betting I come back with newer versions of the ones that have just gone to the charity shop ! I might just accept that if I can do a bit of arm twisting but don't hold your breath !

Secret Drawer
06-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Ours is a strange type of frustration isn't it?

Debra Russell
06-19-2014, 12:07 PM
Amen - I feel the pain - I really dis-like shopping for male clothing - and it never seems to change- it's the same sh$t all the time 90% plaid or checkered and yeah I know it's out there if you look - expensive and not readily available, and who cares it doesn't feel as nice :brolleyes:....................................... .....Debra :

CynthiaD
06-19-2014, 02:55 PM
This reminds me of the time I went looking for some decent male dress shirts. My wife had bought me some shirts that I didn't like much, and I was hoping to replace them with something nicer. I went into Dillard's wearing this horrible green plaid shirt that was at least four years old. I told the SA that I was looking for dress shirts and added "something a lot better than this," and pointed to my shirt. She said, "Well, our men's shirts are over here," and led me to a whole rack of shirts that were identical in every way to the one I had on. A whole rack of at least 50 ugly green plaid shirts. I just shook my head and walked out.

Oh, thank God I'm a crossdresser!

BLUE ORCHID
06-19-2014, 08:35 PM
Hi Teresa, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy.

Beverley Sims
06-20-2014, 04:54 AM
Teresa,
There does come a moment when we update our male attire to look more trendy.

Don't go to extremes though, someone may notice.

I have this problem liking skinny jeans, they are out of character for me as far as my family are concerned.

Teresa
06-20-2014, 05:06 AM
Bev skinny jeans fit a skinny person ! I'm probably my own worse enemy, my wife has bought me jeans but I tend to grumble about them because the dam things don't have decent pockets ! I suppose I could use a manbag ! Trouble is some lipstick might creep in ! Now how did that get there ?

HelenR2
08-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Donating to a charity shop is a good excuse to see what they already have in. I just bought a lovely black strappy party dress from the YMCA shop for £9. I nearly bought a gorgeous red party dress with a big flower and ruffle down the front for just £8 but didn't have the nerve to ask to try it on. I might go back.

JohnH
08-15-2014, 06:43 AM
Bev skinny jeans fit a skinny person ! I'm probably my own worse enemy, my wife has bought me jeans but I tend to grumble about them because the dam things don't have decent pockets ! I suppose I could use a manbag ! Trouble is some lipstick might creep in ! Now how did that get there ?

Why not simply get a cross-body purse? I got sick and tired of picking up my bottoms (pants and skirts) and having coins fall out of the pockets. Also I managed to ruin clothing when pens leaked. The last straw was when I forgot to take a cell phone out of a pocket and it got washed and ruined.

It's nice to simply pick up the purse without having to transfer items from bottom to bottom. And yes, I do keep lipstick in it. Sometimes my wife bums the lipstick off of me when she forgot to put lipstick on while she was putting on makeup.

Johanna Anna

mechamoose
08-15-2014, 06:52 AM
I have been wearing only girl-pants now for quite some time. They fit better, feel better, and look better. "Man bags" (traditional pants) are *awful* from a fashion standpoint. Loose, formless, 'anonymous' items. They show nothing about your body, where girl items do...

Coincidence? No.. Male clothing is designed to make you look BIG.. that is it. Girl clothing is designed to show off your shape. Male clothing is boring, girl clothing has frillies and interest.

I want to be pretty, even if I'm *obviously* male. I care about how I look & present. Most male stuff doesn't figure that in.

- MarvelousMoose

lingerieLiz
08-15-2014, 09:33 PM
My wife has accepted that many gg clothes fit me better. Yet i still maintain a few male clothes for special occasions. Being slight with boobs and small waist helps. Since many know it really isn't secret that I dress fem as a male.

Kris Avery
08-16-2014, 12:22 AM
I have been wearing only girl-pants now for quite some time. They fit better, feel better, and look better. "Man bags" (traditional pants) are *awful* from a fashion standpoint. Loose, formless, 'anonymous' items. They show nothing about your body, where girl items do...

Coincidence? No.. Male clothing is designed to make you look BIG.. that is it. Girl clothing is designed to show off your shape. Male clothing is boring, girl clothing has frillies and interest.

I want to be pretty, even if I'm *obviously* male. I care about how I look & present. Most male stuff doesn't figure that in.

- MarvelousMoose

That's the best explanation I have ever heard.

In short,they all suck. If you lose weight as a man in man clothes...no one can even tell - where is he fun in that?

Which is why they don't lose weight and therefore why so many men are hugely overweight....circular isn't it?

I Am Paula
08-16-2014, 08:26 AM
It's been well over a year since I purged all my guy stuff-so I thought. I keep finding things I missed. I had forgotten how awful they were. I had to do some really dirty outdoor construction, and I knew there was a pair of guy jeans lurking at the back of the closet. I put them on, and was appauled, and immed. took them of. Sacrificed some leggings to the job.
A funny instance, my sister invited me to play golf. I had already bought a nice skort, and girl golf top. I pulled out my old man golf shoes (Hey- golf shoes are golf shoes, right!) OMG, they are these big, clunky...man... things. Run, run, run to GolfTown for some girl shoes. (BTW, if you're new to playing golf with boobs, hit a bucket first, the girls really affect your swing!)

devida
08-16-2014, 02:20 PM
The only male clothes I ever plan to buy again are interesting t shirts, tho I'm not sure they can be called male clothes. Maybe an Armani suit? Everything else will either be unisex or female. I just can't stand men's clothes.

Charlotte Williams
08-16-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm inspired and think I'll do some thinning myself. How else am I going to make room for my new outfits?